I kind of feel like we need to catch up but I’ll be writing a March Coffee Date post soon and I’ll cover some things then. But for now, I can tell you that I’ve been up to the following –
- Spring cleaning – I donated three duffel bags full of stuff and I have two more bags of things to try and sell (anyone need a GoPro?!). I swear when I moved into my condo, I only brought stuff with me that I actually use. Turns out you can accumulate a lot in a year…
- Eating all. the. things. – Someone tell me why my appetite increases with a DECREASE in mileage. Maybe I just have more time on my hands and I fill it with eating. Keeping it healthy for the most part but this veggie burger from Joey’s was kind of amazing:
- Running – My running took a huge hit this month because of my sickness but I’m finally starting to feel like myself again. I ran just over 22 miles over the last few days and though my body feels more tired than it should, getting back out there has never been better.
- Geox Yorkdale Grand Opening – We were invited to check out the new store and I was super impressed with the new Spring/Summer collection. The colours were on point and they had so many styles of loafers that I’ve added to my must-have list. I’m a sucker for loafers in the spring. We were lucky enough to walk out with two pairs – navy suede for him and blush patent leather for me!
- Taxes – Well, technically I’m not doing my own because blogging is confusing so it’s just been a matter of organizing and now I need to find someone to do the work for me.
How’s that for an exciting life update? I guess that’s what happens when you get old. Spring cleaning and taxes become noteworthy.
Wednesday was World Water Day so I thought I’d share an amazing initiative with you. Brita Canada and we.org have partnered up to provide a community in Kenya with clean water through the build of a borehole (a series of water wells). They have launched a limited edition ME to WE water bottle to celebrate this initiative. With every purchase ($19.99), someone in Kenya will receive a year of clean water.
I was sent a bottle but I wanted to jump on board and so I purchased an additional one today. I was actually able to find it online at Walmart for $16.97 but it is also available at several other retailers (full list here). What’s even cooler? All ME to WE Brita products come with a Track Your Impact code so you can track exactly where and how your purchase has made an impact.
A small amount of money can make a huge difference in someone’s life. I’m all about that!
Hope you’ve had a great week and HAPPY FRIDAY!