The older I get, the more unnecessary Christmas gifts become. What I really look forward to during the Holidays is spending time with my family. I feel like everyone is older and so busy with life these days so we don’t get to see each other as often as I’d like. Holidays are such a great time for us because we are all off work and get to hang out a lot more. I don’t have any brothers or sisters but my cousins and I are super close so I’m really excited for a few days of laughing so hard that my face hurts!
Anyway, I really don’t need anything but let’s be real, there are always things I want. There is no such thing as too much running gear, amiright? I thought I put together a gift guide of some of my favourite things, most of which I own and love.
- Sarah Marie Design Studio “I’d rather be running” tee ($30) – I am an ambassador for this company and Sarah makes the most amazing run shirts. I have the “Run all the miles, eat all the pizza” tee and this one (above) is next on my list!
- Pro Compression Elite Marathon Socks ($55) – I love all PC socks but the Elites are my new fav. They are only available in four colours and I actually don’t have the berry ones (pictured) yet. I do have the other three (black, pink, teal) and they are the best. They have targeted calf support and extra padding in the heel and toe.
- Vega One All-in-One Nutritional Shake (currently $59.99 for the large tub) – Anything from Vega would make a really great gift. I use the sugar-free energizer, the Vega One, Performance Protein, Electrolyte Hydrator, and Recovery Accelerator on a regular basis. They’ve become essential to my routine and I don’t know how I’d live without these products!
- Sarah Marie Design Studio Coffee Poop Runner Girl Mug ($18) – No explanation needed!!
- Erica Sara Run Necklace ($58-$78) – I don’t have this but it’s been on my wish list forever now. It’s just so delicate in pretty! It comes in both silver ($58) and rose gold fill ($78).
- Samsung Gear Icon X Wireless Ear Buds ($249.99) – Samsung recently sent these to me and they are a game changer. I’ve used them for running, jump rope, and a variety of plyometric exercises. They stay put, the sound quality is amazing, and there is no tangling of wires involved. They have a built in fitness tracker, heart rate monitor, and 4GB of storage. These buds are pricey but they literally do everything and eliminate the need for an mp3 player during your workouts. The less I need to take with me, the better!
- adidas ultra boost – I am pretty sure I have ten pairs of these now. If that’s not love, I don’t know what is. They are kind of pricey – $180 USD/$210 CDN but I feel like I can’t run in anything else now. I have some that I bought for actual running and then others that I have reserved to wear casually. I just love them so, so much. Apparently they are raising the price for spring so I’m mentally preparing myself for that. Hah.
- Garmin Forerunner 220 ($199.99) – I’ve had this watch for a while now and it’s great. Really user-friendly and gives me all the stats I need. This is my third Garmin and it has lasted me the longest. I don’t know why, but I’m not complaining! It’s super light too so I never even notice that I’m wearing it.
- Tracksmith Harbor Shell ($138) – I want this. And everything else on the Tracksmith site. HELP.
Some other great ideas:
- Race entry
- Gift card for a massage or pedicure
- Anything from Lululemon…really…anything
- Road ID
- Gift card to Starbucks or their favourite coffee shop/restaurant
- Foam roller
- Gels/run fuel
If you have any other great ideas, leave them in the comments below!
Hope you all have a happy Friday and a great weekend!