Things that are awesome:
1. When I went to Whole Foods yesterday I was finally able to find this:
I have been looking everywhere for this coconut/almond milk but “normal” grocery stores don’t carry it here. Whole Foods to the rescue (as always). I haven’t tried it yet but I assume it tastes like heaven. Yes, I know what heaven tastes like.
2. This mornings Toronto Yonge Street tune-up run:
The Yonge Street 10K is next month and today was the second tune-up run at the Running Room where I got to meet up with some other Digital Champions and run a sweet 8km route.
3. When Princeton curls up into an itty bitty ball beside me when I sleep:
It is extremely cute.
Things that are not so awesome:
1. I have a 30K race to run in exactly two weeks and have only gone on three runs that were over 20K in distance. I’m pretty notorious for being unprepared when it comes to races but this is pretty extreme. This race is no joke and I have been treating it like it is. I am off all week from work so I have to get a good quality long run in, even if it means missing a leg day at the gym. No excuses.
2. A few of my friends running the race are injured and may not be able to run anymore. This makes me really, really sad. When running is your “thing” and it gets taken away from you because of some silly injury (or whatever reason), it stinks. I remember when running was my only outlet (I didn’t lift or do anything else at the time) and I got injured just before my first (and only) marathon. It was the worst feeling in the entire world. I still ran it, but the weeks leading up to the race were scary and unpredictable. It’s hard not to get sad or depressed when you can’t do the one thing that you used to look forward to doing every day. So friends, learn from me. Don’t run and you won’t get injured. It worked for me this season! 😉 Probably won’t be working in my favour on race day though…
Tell me one awesome thing about your weekend!
Have you ever had to deal with a serious injury?