HEYOOOO! I’m a day late but it’s okay, right? I spent yesterday catching up on emails and getting things organized since coming back from Phoenix sooo that kind of explains the tardiness. P.S. if you missed the Coldwater Rumble/Surprise weekend recap, it’s heeeeeeere.
Now Thinking Out Loud Thursday time. LET’S GO.
1. I did something yesterday that is going to become a habit. I left my MacBook charging on my bed right on the spot where I sleep and when I went to climb in, my sheets were so warm and cozy. Makes getting into bed that much better. Are heated sheets a thing? If they are, I’ve gotta get on that. I swear even when the heat is on in my house, I feel a draft in my room. Like legitimate wind. I’ve been sleeping in a sweatshirt all week.
2. Do you guys hear about the guy who went and shovelled the Boston Marathon finish line the other day? (Side note: anyone else notice the Sugar Heaven strategically placed for runners RIGHT THERE?! Haha!)
I thought it was pretty cool for him to do that. When I read the article, I naturally read come of the comments and there were some people complaining that he should have spent the time doing something else like helping someone shovel their driveway/clean off their car. Other people were saying that they wanted to hear “real” news instead of this uplifting, inspiring act of awesomeness. Geez. No one is ever happy.
3. I didn’t think I had anything in common with Nicki Minaj until I saw this:
4. I have stuck to my treadmill all week after being spoiled in Phoenix with perfect temperatures on the weekend. I can’t bring myself to go out in the blistering cold just yet. Phaedra had me do a speed workout yesterday that nearly killed me/made me vomit/had me questioning her sanity (and my own). I had to do 10 x 2:00 hard, 2:00 recovery (sandwiched between a warm up and cool down, ALWAYS). The “hard” intervals were done at speeds I have never even touched on a treadmill — 8.6 – 9.0 (6:40-6:59 pace) — but Phaedra said to go faster than my tempo pace so I figured if I can do tempos at just over 7:00 min miles, then I had to go sub-7 for this workout.
5. Pretty sure finds humour in my pain and struggle:
What doesn’t challenge you won’t change you though, right? Or at least that’s what I keep telling myself…
6. I’ve never really been one to buy into Valentine’s Day but Huffington Post put together an article called 17 Honest Valentine’s Day Cards For Couples With An Unusual Take On Romance…and there are some gems in there. Like this one:
And this one:
Ahahaha. Modern day love.
7. Emily’s mom made us dinner on Sunday and I cannot stop thinking about it (HI KARINE!). Originally we were going over for spaghetti but once we got there, Emily was like, “get my mom to make you a grilled cheese”. I’m not even exaggerating when I say this but it was the most insanely delicious grilled cheese I have ever eaten in my life. I didn’t take a picture but I did take home some tips.
- Use a white, fluffy English muffin. Karine used the ones they sell at LGO but I’m sure any will do.
- Instead of regular butter, oil, non-stick spray (or whatever else you use on you pan) – swap it for GARLIC BUTTER. HOLY GEEZ. YOU MUST DO THIS.
- Don’t just put cheese on the inside. I know. Where else would you put cheese, right?? Karine fries a tiny bit on the pan first before she places the bread on it. The result = crispy cheesy goodness on the outside of the bread, perfectly melted cheese on the inside.
It was like a cheesy garlic bread sandwich. Also known as a little slice of heaven.
8. So the Superbowl is this weekend. Who else is just as UNexcited as me? Good things DO come out of the Superbowl though (like nachos). PRO Compression is having a sale – use the code SUPER at checkout for 40% off everything! This code is good until February 1st so go get yourself some socks!
Okay, that’s it for me today! I’ll be back on Monday to tell you all about the 22-miler I am supposed to be running this weekend. That should be interesting.