It’s that time of week again! Thank you again to Amanda for hosting Thinking Out Loud Thursday.
Let’s get random!
1. While I was making dinner on the weekend I dropped a knife and it cut THROUGH my pants and cut my leg. Weirdest part is that I can’t find a hole in my pants. I know it’s not that big but still…who does that?
Thank heavens Princeton wasn’t hovering around my feet when the knife dropped.
2. I went to Fresh a few days ago and tried a new-to-me soup: Sweet Potato and Pineapple.
Who would have thought to combine those two things?! I got it with cornbread and hummus. Perfect. The meal was a nice change from the BBQ burger and fries that I’ve been getting from there over the last few weeks. Maybe a little healthier too…
3. A while back (like a loooooong while back) I got an email from WatchCo asking if I would be interested in receiving a watch. Yes please. It was so hard to pick one because there are so many different brands and styles on their site. I used to work in fashion and I have a ton of fancy watches already so I decided to go with something a little more casual:
The G-Shock and Baby G watches have always appealed to me. They come in a lot of different colours and go nicely with the workout clothes that I spend 99% of my life in. I chose a dark colour but now with spring/summer coming up I am thinking I need a fun bright one. Hmmm….
4. I got a surprise email from Barb at Mizuno yesterday saying I made the Mizuno blog homepage (my picture is the one with the blue shoes):
It’s pretty random — the photos are taken from Instagram if you tag @mizunorunning and use the hashtags #brilliantrun and #mezamashii. To the left of me is Jacqueline from Skinny Chick Blog! I think that’s a sign I need to go to California and visit her.
5. I know we keep complaining about the weather here in Toronto but I came across this article and I guess we are pretty lucky. Other parts of Canada have seen a lot worse:
This poor woman. That’s out in Alberta, by the way. Yeah that’s one place that I would not like to live.
6. Because Princeton always needs to make an appearance:
7. My friend Cara texted me this photo on the weekend saying it made her think of me:
I haven’t had nutella in forever but I’d be lying if I said I’ve never found myself in the exact same position as that Barbie. Some days just call for nutella and a spoon. Even better if you double fist with a jar of peanut butter.
8. This post would have gone up last night buuuuuuuuut I was too busy on Skype with Electra. We haven’t had the time to catch up in forever and I miss this girl to pieces. Long story short, we met through blogging (she lives in Chicago), entered a contest for a trip to NYC to work out together at the Reebook Crossfit Fit Hub, and WON. Here is the video that was made to document our experience:
Brings me to tears every. single. time.
9. Now it’s your turn to tell me something random about your day!