I’m a little late this week but I still want to join Amanda’s Thinking Out Loud Thursday party.
I’ve been on Spring Break over the last week but felt like I was busier than when I’m actually working? I don’t even know how that’s possible. Anyway, regular blogging should resume now that it’s back to work on Monday and I will have a regular schedule again.
1. Anyone remember that song — “How much is that doggy in the window?” No? Well, as I was walking around downtown Toronto the other day I saw this:
Total cuteness. Reminded me of that song. I’m pretty sure if every store put a puppy in their window, sales would skyrocket.
2. I know Mother Nature has been a topic of conversation lately, especially amongst Torontonians but this past week has been so bizarre. I am very confused by our weather patterns. These two photos were taken one day apart:
It was +9*C on March 11th and then dipped into the negatives with 10ish cm of snow the next day.
3. I might be running another marathon a lot sooner that I had thought. I can’t really talk about the details yet because I was presented with a pretty amazing opportunity that’s still kind of top secret. The marathon would be about a month and a half from now and a part of me is wondering how the heck this will even be possible but with a 30K race at the end of this month, I think I might be able to make it work. I’ll still be running enough and can squeeze in one or two 20+ mile runs after my 30K and that should be good. I hope.
4. I went to Fresh four times this week. FOUR.
Maybe that’s why I’ve been too “busy” and haven’t had much time to blog? Eating at your favourite restaurant and hanging with some of your favourite people always wins.
5. Have you heard of Christoph Rehage? Someone posted an article about him on Facebook and I found it super cool. He walked nearly 3000 miles through China and took selfies throughout his adventure. You can see the whole time-lapse video here but here’s a screenshot of his before and after:
Kinda what the mind does during a marathon too…except for the part about passports and singing in the desert. No desert runs coming my way anytime soon.
6. Last weekend when I went to Hamilton to run part of the Around The Bay course, my friend Q suggested we stop for a few minutes to take some pictures ‘for the blog’. How could I say no? Just as I backed up to get ready for a photo, this happened:
Yep. A guy conveniently stopped to pee right behind me. Two of his friends saw what was going on and we all died laughing.
7. Mizuno has a new “What if Everybody Ran” campaign and I am loving it.
I know running isn’t for everyone but I found the study pretty cool. You can check out more about the study and stats here. Also — if you search the hashtag #ifeverybodyran on Instagram, you will find a bunch of crazy runners:)
8. My mom works in a high school as well (not the same one as me) so she had this week off too. She was my Fresh date on Wednesday and we also went to pick out some frames for her.
I don’t need glasses (yet) but I still had some fun trying some on. After what seemed like 57 trials, we finally chose a pair for my mom (not the ones in the photo). I don’t know why I’m telling you this. Probably because she never lets me take pictures of her so this is her punishment. An awkward fake glasses mirror selfie.
As you can see, my life has been super exciting over the past few days. It doesn’t help that I’m sick as a dog and haven’t been able to train since Thursday morning. I feel like that always happens. I come up with a killer workout/running/training plan and get all my motivation back…and then something dumb happens. I’ll be spending the weekend in bed with my dog in hopes that my appetite returns. When it does, you better bet I’m gonna order an extra large pizza with dipping sauce.
Hope you have a great weekend!!
**Also – Sabrina G – If you’re reading, I got your email but when I try to reply, it bounces back! Please try emailing me directly (theathletarian [at] gmail [dot] com) instead of using the contact form and hopefully that will work!**