It’s that time again…..!
Happy Thinking Out Loud Thursday!
1. I went back to work today for the first time in over two months. Holy shock to the system. I’m not going to complain about work though because not a lot of professions grant you with a couple of summer months to do whatever you please! It was nice to see all of my colleagues and students again too. To those of you who asked – I am a substitute teacher but kind of situated in one school. I fell in love with a particular high school and became really close with a lot of the teachers as well as the administration so I am lucky enough to work at the same place nearly every day. Sometimes I take on multiple day/week assignments for teachers too. It works for me right now and gives me a lot of flexibility and time to work on the blog/do other things that I love!
2. I didn’t bring any food to work today (I was only supposed to work half a day but it got changed at the last minute) so I went out for ROTI on my lunch. I ordered a channa and potato roti as well as doubles. Oh. my. woooooord.
The doubles were better than the ones I had when I was in Trinidad. No lie. The bread was lightly crispy but pillowy and fluffy at the same time if that makes any sense…and it’s filled with curried chickpeas. They don’t make for great photos, especially when you eat in the car but man they’re delicious. There’s just something about fried carbs, am I right?
3. I’m going to see WICKED this weekend!!! My cousin got me tickets for my birthday. Has anyone seen it???
The last musical I saw was Aladdin and I absolutely loved it so I’m pretty pumped for this.
4. Who else gets weekly Lululemon updates and fell in love with the oh-so-Canadian Scuba hoodie (far right) in this week’s “hi we are here to take all of your money” email?
Well when Danielle saw it and tried to buy one it was immediately SOLD OUT. Lululemon people are cray (including us, I guess). Anyway, the amazing friend that I am scurried on over to the mall when I heard about her predicament (there is no Lulu near her) and BAM. The store just got them in. So I bought three – one for her, her friend, and myself. Because I really need another hoodie in my life. #YOLO (<- do people eve say that anymore?)
5. Speaking of apparel, these are my new current favourite jeans:
Let’s also note that I do not wear crop tops – I just hiked my shirt up because I was texting my cousin photos and needed help choosing between two sizes. I thought the ones in the above photo were too tight but she told me to get them because they stretch. Let’s hope she’s right because they currently make me feel like a stuffed sausage. They are from American Eagle in case you’re wondering. I used to be one of those people who happily spent $200+ on jeans but those days are over. AE jeans fit me better than any other brand I have owned and my wallet appreciates the $60 price tag a lot more.
6. A few people have posted this article from Buzzfeed on Facebook entitled 18 Things You Can Only Get Away With In Toronto and I just about died when I saw this guy because I actually gave him $20 last winter when I saw him in a subway station sitting with his cute dog.
NOW HE’S FAMOUS! I asked him what he’d do if I gave him money and the first thing he said was “buy food for my dog” so my heart kind of melted and I had faith that he would spend it on the right things. I hope he did.
7. I like to creep on my dog when he’s sleeping and get pretty dirty looks in return.
8. Someone else tell me they’re not too impressed with Costco already having their Christmas stuff out. The thought of snow and below zero temps makes me want to die a little. It’s even worse that I’m going to have to train through that weather again if I’m running Phoenix next February.
9. If you need a laugh…
Seriously though. Dead.
10. Speaking of oats, I think I might have some of dinner. Is that weird or what? Gotta satisfy those random cravings, right? I’ve just got to make sure that I have some bewitched pecan butter in the fridge…
Hope you all had a great day!