I’d say Happy Thursday but today is in fact EVERYTHING BUT HAPPY. Let’s talk about it in Thinking Out Loud style, okay?
1. Remember how I said I nailed all of my workouts last week? Well this week has been the complete opposite. Not one run or strength training session yet. NOT ONE. I woke up Monday morning feeling like complete ASS so I stayed home from work and went to see my doctor who told me I had strep throat. It literally felt like I was swallowing shards of glass no matter what I ate/drank.
2. I went to work yesterday (my doctor put me on antibiotics and said I would no longer be contagious) and it was a big mistake. My voice was mangled from my throat being wrecked and it’s really hard to teach phys ed when you have no voice. I was able to rest once I got home but woke up this morning feeling 10x worse. I had to call in sick and felt horrible doing so because we got hit our first big snowfall and I am guessing a lot of teachers didn’t make it in because of the bad driving conditions.
3. I am going through one of those phases where food doesn’t interest me. This happens to me at least once a year. Maybe because I’m sick but I literally cannot find one thing in my house that makes me say “YUM THIS IS ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS!” I hate everything and if I could live of liquids right now without feeling like I am going to die, I would. Someone bring my tastebuds back. Please.
4. Today was one of the most unproductive days of my life. You’d think I’d get a few things done while being at home but nope. I’ve been in my dishevelled bed all day. There aren’t even any sheets on it. They’re currently in the dryer and I have been too lazy to even walk downstairs to get them and attempt to put my bed together. I’ll get on that…in a second.
Let’s switch gears and talk about some not-so-negative things now.
5. What I DID do today was post a Pro Compression giveaway over on my Instagram (I know, how productive) so if you’d like the chance to score a sweet pair of compression socks, go enter! It’s so easy. The December sock of the month (with the snowflakes) is so darn cute.
Also – using code BLG14 will get you 40% off your entire order…#stockingstuffers 😉
6. You guys might be sick of hearing me talk about the Phoenix Marathon by now but just a couple more months of that, okay? The full marathon is actually REAL close to selling out so I just wanted to give you all a heads up in case you were still on the fence about registering.
LOOK AT THAT ELEVATION:
A #TBT from last year:
That code (XTINA10) will get you 10% off ANY DISTANCE.
7. Another great Buzzfeed article: 22 Pictures That Prove That 2014 Is The Damn Future
8. I am off to online shop! Today I received a 30% off promotional code for Tory Burch from my Instagram friend Melanie (THANK YOU!). I have been wanting a pair of Reva flats for as long as I can remember but could never justify paying the price ($225-$250 before tax here in Canada) so I may finally bite the bullet thanks to Melanie and get myself a pair for Christmas. I am sort of obsessed with these ones…
…but will probably end up getting a more practical colour…or not.
Hope you are all having a better, healthier, more productive day than I am!