Thinking. Out. Loud.
Let’s hop to it!
1. I had every intention of writing up a WIAW post this week. I started my day [Tuesday] photographing a delicious smoothie for breakfast, an avocado/tomato/hummus sandwich for lunch….and then things got out of hand. I spend the rest of the day snacking on spoonfuls of Justin’s maple almond butter, handfuls of popcorn, watermelon, carrots with hummus, and probably about 13 other things I’m forgetting. That’s just how some days go around here!
2. I was thinking about my goals for this year and one of them was to run 14 races. We are more than halfway through the year now and I’ve run six races so far. I have SeaWheeze coming up next month and I just signed myself up for the Midsummer Night Run (15K), MEC 10K and the Toronto 10-miler. I’m also supposed to be running the Chicago Marathon this fall but may be switching to the Toronto Marathon instead (they are only a week apart)… I will have to see what works budget-wise as we get closer to the date. Anyway, if all goes well that will bring me up to 11 races by October and then I should be able to find three more to squeeze in before the year ends! So much work. I don’t know how you people who run a marathon a month do it!
3. Speaking of marathons — I know if mentioned it before but I’m planning on running Phoenix in 2015. It will be my first *real* attempt at a BQ. It is honestly the fastest course ever – all flat/downhill. If I’m ever to BQ, I’m pretty sure Phoenix is the only race I will ever even stand a chance. If you guys want to come join the party and eat Cafe Rio both pre- and post-race like I plan on doing, you can use the code XTINA10 to get 10% off your registration.
Training through the winter and losing toenails was 100% worth it.
4. I can’t remember who posted this but I saw it on Facebook the other day and saved it. The World’s Most Dangerous Foods For Dogs:
I knew about raisins, onions, garlic, grapes, and chocolate but had no idea about all the others. So if you have a dog, take note!!
5. I went for dinner last night with one of my girlfriends and holy. cow. If you live in Toronto you must, and I repeat must try La Carnita on College Street. It was by far the best Mexican food I’ve ever had.
It was pretty dark in the restaurant so my photos are quite horrible but you get the idea. We started with tortilla chips and guacamole as well as Mexican street corn (<– life-changing), had tacos for our main (I order the ‘crispy cotija’ which was crispy cheese, cauliflower, pinto beans, pickled carrots, and chipotle sauce), and we finished with an order of churros (unpictured) and paletas. Paletas are basically ice cream bars and they make them in-house with the flavours varying daily. We both got the chocolate peanut butter and it was to die for. It was sort of like a chocolate fudgesicle with salty peanuts all over. Also known as heaven. Anyway if you live here or if you’re visiting…GO TO LA CARNITA. You may have to wait a little to get in but it’s worth it. Trust me.
6. If you follow a lot of fitness accounts in Instagram, you’ve probably already heard of the “blendicano” – a drink @mshelllll created and has got everyone hopped up on. I kept seeing it over and over again so I finally bit the bullet and got one today while I was at the mall doing some shopping.
If you ask for a blendicano, the barista probably won’t know what you are talking about. To order the drink you ask for four shots of espresso blended with a vent cup of ice and sugar-free vanilla syrup (or any other syrup). I’m not a regular coffee drinker so this was insanely strong for me. I could barely even taste the vanilla because the coffee was so strong and by the time I got home I had a headache. Sooo let’s just say I won’t be ordering that again. If you like coffee and want a filling drink with no calories then maybe you will like it…
7. Just a casual hail storm in August….
8. …which kind of affected plans tonight. It’s my cousin’s birthday and we were planning on going out to a restaurant to celebrate but that is definitely not happening. I think we’ve decided on a night in with lots of take out and stretchy pants instead. My kinda party!
I hope you all have a great weekend! I’ll be back Monday for a new Marathon Monday post (finally)!