Whoop whoop. We made it to Friday and I blogged three times this week. Whoa. That hasn’t happened in a while but I’m happy I’ve been able to give this little blog some extra attention. I haven’t done a Friday Five post in a while so I thought I’d pop in and share a few things.
1. Eating sugar-free. Yep, that’s what’s up this month. Over the last few months I have been eating way more sugar than usual. I don’t want to blame it on the BF but he has a major sweet tooth and there are always treats around (so I kind of am blaming it on him anyway ha). I have a hard time saying no to delicious things so naturally, I have casually been poisoning my body on the regular. We both decided to steer clear for the month of May and I can’t even begin to explain how happy it made me when he told me how GOOD he was feeling. He actually said that he didn’t want to go back to eating treats every day and I was like WHO ARE YOU?! #success
2. UltraBOOST x Parley. Adidas sent me these Maldives-inspired ultra boosts that are made from ocean waste, recycling about 11 plastic bottle per pair. I love that they has partnered with Parley to bring awareness to something so important. From their website, “We all come from the sea. The oceans generate every second breath we take, yet somehow we all contribute to their destruction. From global warming and acidification to marine plastic pollution, a threat to the oceans is a threat to all life as we know it.”
Something I just learned on their site – From June 5th to 11th, you can be part of an international movement and Run for the Oceans. All you have to do is click here to get involved and show your commitment. If you’re going to get some runs in that week anyway, why not support and dedicate those runs to our oceans, right?? (*This isn’t sponsored – I just wanted to share!*)
3. MOTHER’S DAY. This photo was taken a couple of years ago and it definitely won’t be warm enough for dresses on Sunday…but I’m really looking forward to spending time with my mom (even if we have to wear parkas). She is the very best and I am incredibly lucky to have her so close to me. Just a 10-minute ride to homemade pasta and pizza! 😉
4. Toronto Waterfront 10K. I really wanted to run the Sporting Life 10K that’s happening this weekend. I am usually pretty good at registering for that race and get it out of the way nice and early. I waited until the last minute this year and unfortunately, it sold out. I had four people reach out asking me if I wanted their bib but when we inquired about transfers, the deadline had passed. Womp womp. It would have served as a good fitness test so that my coach could adjust my workout paces but it doesn’t look like it’s happening. Good news is – I was able to register for the Toronto Waterfront 10K next month so I’m really looking forward to that!
5. Katie’s Fit Script. Katie (formerly known as @katiesfitscrip on IG) still blogs occasionally and she recently posted this article: You’re allowed to change. If you have time, give it a read! It had me nodding my head from start to finish. “Changing” is something I think about often but it always comes with a little bit of fear and hesitation. It’s easy to go through the motions and get stuck in a routine just because it works and it’s what people expect of you.
“You’re allowed to go back to school at age 30 and completely change your career. You’re allowed to leave friendships and relationships that aren’t treating you well. You’re allowed to leave the job that doesn’t fulfill you if it’s appropriate at the time. You’re allowed to enjoy one hobby and move on to the next.”
Life has changed a lot lately and it’s been the best thing for me. I’ve never been happier. But I know there are other things that I can do to fulfill some of the other areas that don’t leave me 100% satisfied. Luckily I have an amazing support system who I know will be by my side while I try to figure this all out!
And with that, I’m out! Hope you all have an amazing Friday and weekend! I’ve got a couple of runs planned and then Mother’s Day festivities on Sunday. Flying solo for the most part because the man is away for a few days so it’ll just be me and my running shoes! 😉
Happy Mother’s Day to all you mothers out there. You deserve nothing but the best this weekend and ALL WEEKENDS.
See you next week!