Did you know that Next Monday (July 24th) is International Self-Care Day?? I’m all about doing things for myself on a regular basis but I think I have it pretty easy. A lot of the time, I don’t really have anyone else to worry about except myself, especially now that I have the summer off. There are days, though, where I feel like I spend a lot of my time training, organizing (I swear I’m always organizing something), catching up on emails, shopping for house-related things, working on blog projects, etc. A whole day will go by and I will feel even busier than when I’m working during the school year.
I think planning ahead and having a day dedicated to self-care is such a great idea. I know there are a lot of people out there that have way busier schedules than I do and still manage to make things work. It’s easy to forget that we need time for ourselves. I know I’m a happier and nicer person on days when I do something for myself. Getting a massage, treating myself to a manicure/pedicure, going for a stress-free run (with no focus on pace or rush to get home), reading a book, driving to different parks in the city with Princeton to hang out/go for walks, or even taking a nap. I love doing all of these things but definitely don’t do them often enough.
With International Self-Care Day being just a few days away, I (and you, too!) can plan to set some time aside to do things for me. I make a point to celebrate all of the food holidays, so why not this? I already have an idea of what I’m going to do and I will share my day with you next week.
One form of self-care that I (try to) do every day is fuel my body with wholesome foods and keep hydrated. Boxed Water sent me a few cartons to help out with this. Curious to know why Boxed Water is better? I was too!
- Boxed Water is triple filtered for purity using reverse osmosis, carbon filtration and UV systems
- 74% of the box is made from paper that comes from well-managed forests. The entire carton is recyclable and 100% BPA free.
- Boxed Water efficiently ships the cartons flat to their plants to be filled. Once filled, the rectangular shape reduces shipping waste and carbon footprint versus round bottles.
- As a member of 1% For the Planet, Boxed Water commits at least 1% of annual sales to reforestation.
- For every photo posted of Boxed Water with #ReTree, they plant two trees! How cool is that??
I love learning about companies that are both dedicated to consumers and to bettering the environment. Huge thanks to Boxed Water for sharing their product and their approach with me. I love the three pillars that the company is organized around: Waste Less, Do More, and Live Well and try to apply them to all aspects of my own life daily.
Boxed Water is available at Sobeys and Loblaws in Canada!
Disclaimer: This post was sponsored by Boxed Water but all opinions are my own. Thank you for your support!