So we are two days away and the nerves are kicking in even more than they already were. Not sure how that’s possible. I got my condo keys this week but I’m trying not to think about all the work that needs to get done (floors, paint, etc) until after the marathon is over. One thing at a time!
I went on a short this morning before work (3.1 miles) and have a shakeout planned for tomorrow and that. is. it. I will also be guest speaking at the expo tomorrow afternoon so if you are going to be there picking up your bib, I’ll be on stage with three other awesome girls from 3:30-3:50pm! You can see the full list of guest speakers here.
I wanted to participate in Jen’s Friday Five again this week so here are five things I’m currently loving/want to tell you about —
1. I am not a huge fan of fake meats but I tried these Field Roast smoked apple sage sausages and loved them! Angela recommends them in her Oh She Glows cookbook and we all know Angela knows what she’s talking about when it comes to vegan eats. I had to run out and buy them and I can say they did not disappoint.
2. The Brooks Launch 2!! I’ve been swooning over these ever since I attended Breakfast with Brooks a few months ago and finally got my hands on a pair thanks to the lovely team at Brooks Canada. They are classified as speedy, springy and super light. Sounds pretty good to me! I haven’t tried them out yet (no new shoes before race day!!) but I’m excited to break them in as soon as my legs feel recovered post-marathon!
3. Just when I think I’m done buying Pro Compression socks, they have to release a new sock of the month!! I’ve always been a fan of stripes – the jailbreak (black and white stripes) are my favourite – so I’m totally in love with these.
4. This Swell water bottle that my cousin got me has been making it easier to hydrate this week! It keeps cold drinks cold for 48 hours and hot drinks hot for 12 hours. They come in a lot of different colours, patterns and sizes.
5. ERIN aka The Little Runner Girl. This girl just ran the Chicago Marathon on Sunday and qualified for BOSTON! It was only her third marathon and she ran a sub-3:30!! She wrote a recap that you can read HERE. I was tracking her all day on Sunday and was insanely impressed with her consistency during the race – she maintained a 7:51 – 8:07 min/mile from beginning to end. I have never been able to do that and always end up slowing down by at least a minute per mile in the last few miles of a marathon. Erin is amazing and I’m determined to qualify for Boston 2017 so that I can toe that start line with her!
Okay I’m off! The next time you hear from me will be post-marathon!!! Have a great day and weekend!