Yesterday’s workout was another one of those ones that almost made me lose my breakfast.
2.5 mile warm up
5 x 3:00 hard (6:59 x 2, 6:54 x 2, 6:49 x 1) , 2:00 rest
2 mile cool down
8 miles total at 8:08 average (with w/u and c/d)
Almost died. Thanks PK, thanks a lot… 😉
With the big LOVE-filled holiday just around the corner, I thought I’d round up some cute gift ideas that are perfect for runners. So whether your Valentine is your wife, girlfriend, sister, mom, BFF, or heck – even yourself – check out some of these sweet goodies!
1. Albion Fit Antigua Bra ($38) – Because running is way more fun when you get to wear cute, girly, flowery bras.
2. PRO Compression Pink Hearts Marathon Socks ($50) – I know I just posted these yesterday but they are so dang cute (there are tiny hearts going up the back of the sock) and are 40% off this month with the discount code HEART.
3. Mizuno Wave Rider 18 ($120) – I don’t even train in this shoe but LOOK AT THEM. JUST LOOK.
4. Starbucks Gift Card – Runners need caffeine. It’s a fact.
5. Thought Blossoms Itty Bitty Heart Bracelet ($25) – Sometimes I need little reminders or motivational things to think about while I’m running/racing. I think this is a sweet idea to have and to look at when my legs are hurting and I need to switch gears and start running with my heart.
6. Albion Fit Sweet Slumber Cami & Shorts ($96) – Okay maybe this sleep set isn’t necessarily for runners but it looks super cozy and cute so we should all have it.
7. Valentine’s Run All Day Collection ($45) – Pavement Runner ordered just 30 sets of RAD tanks + PRO Compression socks for this promo and they’re almost sold out!! Tanks usually retail for $22 and PC socks are regular $50 so it’s a pretty suh-weeeeet deal to get both for $45!!
8. BELIEVE Training Journal ($18.95) – Created by elite runners Lauren Fleshman and Roisin McGettigan-Dumas, I’ve heard this is every runner’s dream journal. I learned about this a little late and already have my 2015 training log started but I’ve checked this one out and it looks fantastic. How could it not be?! The pros know what’s up.
*all prices in USD
You can also get your favourite runner a massage or a pedicure because heaven knows we need both of those things. All the freaking time.
Hope you have a great Wednesday!!