This post was supposed to be published yesterday (hence the ‘Marathon Monday’) but things got a little cray around here and I didn’t get a chance to finish so here we are. Marathon Tuesday. Doesn’t have the same ring to it now, does it?
With the Holidays just around the corner, I thought I’d put together a post about my current favourite things that I am training in this season and maybe give you some gift ideas for your favourite runner! …or you can put them on your own wish list…or you can just buy them for yourself because buying gifts for yourself is amazing. I do it all the time! 😉
I’ve only included women’s gear but everything has a men’s equivalent so there’s something for everyone, I promise. I’ve also tried to include items with varying price points so that you can get ideas based on your budget. Names and links to all of the items are at the end!
1. Mizuno Breath Thermo Layered Tight ($90 CDN) – I tried these tights out for the first time last winter and they were the ONLY tights that kept me warm enough throughout the insane polar vortex we experienced!
2. The new Mizuno Wave Inspire 11 ($120 USD – not available in Canada just yet)!!!!!!!
3. Garmin Forerunner 210 ($250 USD / $340 CDN) – I’ve only had this Garmin for a few months but I love everything about it so far (except that it costs more here)! It’s super light and user-friendly, plus it’s purple and looks real cute. #amirightoramiright?
4. Mizuno Breath Thermo Jacket ($130 CDN) – I don’t have this jacket just yet but am really excited to get it soon. It’s both water and wind resistant so I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a lifesaver for me. It’s available in purple and blue as well.
5. Road ID ($19.99-$29.99) – You can customize these identification bracelets to include your name, emergency contact numbers, allergies and medical history. Every runner NEEDS one of these. It is so important to have ID on you, especially when running alone.
6. PRO Compression Marathon Socks ($50) – I have been wearing these for every race and long run over the past year or so and I looooove them. Not only do they help with circulation and recovery, but they come in a bunch of different colours so you can match ALL the race outfits. Because we all know race outfits are almost as important as PRs. Almost. You can use code BLG14 for 40% anything on the PRO site – just an FYI!
7. Mizuno Cable Knit Bobble ($15 CDN) – This is actually from the golf line but I received one last year (in black) and wore it all the time during my winter training. I love it SO much and it’s only $15!!! It comes in a bunch of different colours too.
8. Mizuno Breath Thermo Wind Guard Glove ($30 CDN) – Wind guard? Yes please! Anything to shield our poor little fingers from the brutal winter winds.
9. Mizuno Breath Thermo Seamless Body Crew ($100 CDN) – Anything seamless is a winner for me. Even better when it actually keeps you warm. This one is also available in black and purple.
I think that wraps up my list for now! I’m thinking about putting another wish list together of non-running related things that I’m currently obsessing over. Believe it or not, there are other things I am interested in. Shocking, I know.
Hope you’re having a fab Tuesday!
What’s on YOUR wish list this season??