I’m currently sitting on my couch with my legs crossed writing up this post and Princeton is cuddled up so close to me that I can feel his little heart beating on my foot. Not a bad way to start my morning. Plus it’s Thinking Out Loud Thursday today and that always calls for a mini celebration, yes? [insert iPhone party horn emoticon]
1. Remember how Danielle and I got kicked out of Fresh not too long ago? Well, thanks to the power of social media and the super understanding people at Fresh, they sent me a $25 gift card as an apology. I foresee some squash tacos in my very near future. It was really nice of them to respond to our tweets and ask for more details about the situation. They looked into it, admitted their mistake, and rectified it. That’s what I call a great company. Fresh gets so much business that they could have easily ignored our complaint and it wouldn’t have affected them in the least but they really took the time to make things right. So a huge thank you to them!
2. It’s a good thing my last WIAW showcased Tuesday’s eats because yesterday I ate avocado toast for both lunch and dinner. No epic meal ideas went down, that’s for sure. I was so lazy last night and it’s getting late in the week which means I need more groceries. I also get my avocados from Costco and they come in a bag of like 47 and then all ripen at the same time so I have to eat at least an avocado a day. I freeze the ones I can’t finish and use them for smoothies – makes them really creamy!
3. My grandmother doesn’t speak any English but I taught her what “selfie” means and I think she’s starting to get the hang of them. I took her to get her hair done yesterday. So cute. I probably should have done something with mine too…
4. Speaking of the word “selfie”…I thought it was added to the dictionary and is now a real word?? Spell check is underlining it and suggesting I change it to “self”…
5. You NEED to read this article: Date a Girl Who Runs. A few of my favourites:
Date a girl who runs because she knows how to go the distance, even when the going gets tough. Because it will get tough. Her side will hurt and she didn’t eat breakfast, but you won’t hear her complaining because she’s in it for the long haul.
Date a girl who runs because smiling while you sweat is sexy, and she knows that. And she knows that she looks her best after a long run, even if there’s dust all over her cheeks, and her nose is sunburned. She knows she looks amazing because she is smiling. In fact, she’s almost always smiling because she’s always releasing endorphins.
Date a girl who runs because she knows how to quietly, patiently work every week on a goal she set that’s half a year or a year away. She’ll be working on her time, her distance, but what she’s really working on, is herself.
6. This is what the sky looked like from my backyard last night…
7. And this is the face I woke up to this morning…
Pretty sure he wasn’t very happy with me. But think about it – would you be happy if you were getting your photo take as soon as you woke up?!
8. Speaking of photos… See that picture on my sidebar? The one of me stretching? Since my blog makeover I have been dying to get a new photo up there. A headshot. The stretching one was just inserted there temporarily until I got a decent photo of me. Is it possible to hate EVERY headshot of yourself?! I mean I’ve had two photo shoots recently and I have yet to approve of any photo of my face. I just feel like it is extremely awkward to look into a camera lens and smile without looking super fake or cheesy. Maybe it’s just me? Anyone wanna come over and take a million photos of my face? Maybe juuuuuust maybe we will get one good one.
9. I have a giveaway for you tomorrow so be sure to check back!
Have a great Thursday!