Well what do we have here?! I’m ON TIME this week with Thinking Out Loud THURSDAY! Unlike last week and the week before… So let’s get started before I come up with some kind of lame reason to wait another day or two.
Thanks to Amanda for hosting this wonderful day of randomness!
1. How early is too early to start packing for a trip? I leave for Vancouver in exactly two weeks today and have already started throwing things into my suitcase. Maybe I’m just really excited to run the marathon or it could be my weird excitement over this new Heys luggage set that my mom recently gifted me with (she’s kinda cool like that 😉 ).
I’ve always wanted a suitcase that you don’t have to tilt to one side to roll. Does that even make sense? Like this one stands straight up and has spinner wheels. I think that’s what they’re called. Either way, it’s probably really weird that I get this excited about luggage that will probably get destroyed in transit after my first trip.
2. If you need a good laugh, read “44 Ordinary Signs That Became Suspicious When People Failed At using Quotation Marks” …
So many good ones. Misused quotation marks drive me nuts. As does the whole their/there/they’re confusion.
3. I started doing camera research because I really want to buy one before B.C. but hoooooly cow. There are so many different ones out there and I’m more confused now than ever. Initially I wanted a DSLR but now my photographer friend recommended I get a ‘mirrorless’ camera? I had never heard of these before. Apparently these cameras do a lot of the same things that a DSLR does but they are much lighter and more compact – aka easier to travel with. I just need someone to tell me exactly what to buy. That would make my life much easier.
4. I am craving a spin class sooooo bad. I used to be a spin addict. I had this one instructor who I just really looked forward to seeing on Sundays at my old gym. She was really the best and pushed me to work so hard that there would be huge sweat puddles on the floor around me when I was done. I try to spin on my own at least once a week now but it just isn’t the same.
I get lazy and definitely don’t work myself as hard as I know I could. She is now working at a fancy gym that doesn’t allow day passes and that makes me kind of sad because every other instructor I have tried has been disappointing. I need to find a way to get her back in my life. Crazy how much impact an instructor’s energy has on your workout.
5. I GOT INTO THE CHICAGO MARATHON!!!
This is the first year that they switched over to a lottery system (just like NYC does) and my long time blog friend Beth (HI BETH!) suggested I throw my name in because there was a good chance of getting selected. She was right!! They were sending acceptance emails out up until 8pm (my time) on Monday night and I got mine at exactly 8:00pm. Talk about anxiety. I hear nothing but good things about this marathon so I am pretty excited. PLUS it’s a Marathon Major and I’m guessing it’ll be quite the party. I needed a fall marathon to train for and it looks like this just might be it.
6. Have you guys ever tried Snapea Crisps?
I just got a whole case of them from Costco and I love them! My new way of getting my veggies in for the day… 😉 If only it were that easy!
7. Post-work cuddle time with Princeton has got to be my favourite part of the day.
It doesn’t last long because he’s a bit crazy – “Let me outside! No wait – let me back in! Let’s play! Let’s go for a walk! Throw this ball! No, don’t throw this ball! Let me lick your face! Look I’m sitting! Can I have a treat?! No? What if I lay down?? A BIRD! I NEED TO GO OUTSIDE BECAUSE THERE’S A BIRD ON THE FENCE!” He’s a freak….But I do enjoy the down time while it lasts.
8. I read all of your comments on my last post and although I haven’t responded to any yet, I have been jotting down a lot of notes. Thank you so much for all of your input. It hasn’t been too hard yet…except for the chocolate Easter bunny I found in my work mailbox today. Hmph. Good news is I went for an 8-mile tempo run yesterday after work (which is usually the worst time for me to go stomach pain-wise) and I was fine!! I was able to eat after without any problems. It could be a fluke since it’s only been a few days with little to no wheat/dairy but still a good sign.
Cheers to the long weekend (if you have one)! Happy Easter/Passover to those who celebrate!