HOLLA! My week is finally starting to feel “normal” and as if it’s just getting started…and it’s already Thursday. What a nice feeling it will be when tomorrow comes and the weekend will be this close. Thursday has become my favourite blogging day because I like writing random lists of things to tell you that don’t make it into some of my other posts. Thanks to the amazing Amanda for hosting!
1. I have set my gym clothes out just about every day for the last 2+ weeks, set my alarm for 4:15am and have not woken up once. Wait that’s a lie. I wake up to turn my alarm off and go right back to sleep. Last night I even tried sleeping in my gym clothes like I used to do and nope, that didn’t work either. I think my body is just really enjoying sleep these days and I am okay with it. I’m running tonight anyway so the gym would have just been for some functional training. I can always do that at home after my run if I really want to. But I am going to try the gym tomorrow morning again. Let’s see how that goes.
2. Angela’s chia recipe that I talked about yesterday doesn’t look nearly as good when I make it.
Since I packed it for work I didn’t get to layer it all beautifully like she does and the blue jar just kind of makes it look creepy. There are tons of cherries stacked on top of the chia pudding but you can’t even see them. I will admit that I couldn’t wait to try it so I had a big spoonful today before I started work and ohhhh emmmm geeeee. Definitely a recipe I will be going back to like, every day. Such a great snack to keep up with my #OneChange goal.
3. Speaking of food for work, I packed an entire bag of snap peas to eat during the day and so far I have only been made fun of once.
4. This morning I woke up to an awesome email from Lululemon telling me about their Canadian Warehouse Sale. I immediately checked out the product and the prices are crazy cheap. Speed shorts for $29. WHAT?
Too bad there are no sizes left in just about every item I was interested in. Thanks Lulu. For nothing.
5. This article has been floating around on Facebook and had me laugh a little. My favourite:
6. Because Amanda gets disappointed when my Thinking Out Loud posts don’t include Princeton:
You are welcome.
7. Is it bad that I am already looking forward to the END of Sunday’s long run? The thought of running 18 miles scares the living daylights out of me. Last weekend’s 16 left me kind of sore and I struggled big time to get 6 in the other day.
My legs felt like lead and I could barely pick them up off the ground. It was frustrating but I’m trying to embrace my “recovery run” pace. The best part about the long run is eating after. Food just tastes so good after 2+ hours of running.
8. Speaking of last week’s long run, when I was done and went to jump in the shower I noticed there was blood all over one of my toes. I think when I run one of my toes rubs against the top/side of another toe and my toenail (even though it’s cut short) slices it. I spared you a picture and you should be very thankful because I haven’t had a real pedicure in forever. Anyway I am thinking I might need a pair of injinji socks.
They are weird and I can’t see how they are comfortable but they might be worth a try?
9. The awesome Pavement Runner nominated me for a WEGO Health Activist for “Best in Show: Instagram” and wrote the nicest caption:
I love that guy! If you all want to endorse me, all you have to do is click here and hit the “Endorse The Athletarian” button. I don’t know what I get from this but it would be kind of cool to win! 😀
10. Tell me something RANDOM!