HAPPY SATURDAY!!!!! How are you spending your weekend? I’m spending mine in my RUNEMZ (<- check her out – she just set a marathon PR and she only trains on her treadmill!) t-shirt. I like to get dressed up on Saturdays.
Other fun things that happened today: a workout, a trip to Costco, a big salad, and so much water drinking that I have spent 66% of my day in the bathroom. No joke.
Last night I posted my dinner on Instagram (the_athletarian) and quite a few people were interested in my “recipe”. I don’t think I’d even call it a recipe…more like an assembly. All I did was assemble a bunch of really delicious ingredients and it turned out to be magical.
Vegan White Bean Burrito
- 1 whole wheat or Ezekiel tortilla
- spinach (raw)
- brown rice
- white kidney beans (can easily be replaced with meat if you want)
- guacamole (I used Wholly Guacamole brand because I was too lazy to make my own)
- cheddar cheese (vegan or real, depending on what you like)
- Layer all ingredients in centre of tortilla and fold
- Heat a large, greased (I used a tiny bit of olive oil) non-stick pan and “grill” burrito a few minutes on each side until slightly browned and crispy
Do not, I repeat, DO NOT skip the “grilling” part. It makes all the difference. It really heats everything and blends all the flavours while creating an amazing crispy shell. Crunchy outside, ooey gooey inside. I know I said my Thai tofu dish was the best thing I ever made but I think this burrito has taken first place now. It was so good that I am making it again for dinner right…now.
Okay, time to eat!
Tell me what you’re having for dinner!