Okay maybe not all of you asked for it but I posted my dinner on Instagram a few hours ago and I had a few people ask for the recipe. I wish I had known it was going to taste as good as it did. I would have taken a better picture! Anyway, here it is. It was one of the easiest and most delicious tofu dishes I have ever made. You can always sub chicken or another meat if you’d like!
Thai Tofu Stir Fry
- one block extra firm tofu
- one medium sized carrot, grated
- 3-4 kale leaves, chopped
- bean sprouts
- Thai peanut sauce (below)
- Chop tofu block into cubes
- Heat a non-stick pan, add tofu cubes and cook for 4-5 minutes
- Add Thai peanut sauce to tofu, lowering heat and stirring until all tofu pieces are covered
- Add grated carrot and kale to pan, stir, cover, and let cook just until kale is wilted (a couple of minutes)
- Serve as is or with brown rice, quinoa, soba noodles, etc and top with bean sprouts!
I adapted the Thai peanut sauce recipe from Can You Stay For Dinner. It is more or less the same except I left a couple of things, made a substitution, and changed one or two measurements.
Thai Peanut Sauce
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- juice of one lime
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
Whisk all ingredients well in a small bowl.
EASY, BREEZY, BEAUTIFUL SAUCE!
This was soooo good and so quick to make. The sauce is super delicious and I think it would really be good as a salad dressing too, but it would need some thinning out. I might try adding some water or maybe a little more lime juice and see what happens! If you like Thai food, you will love this.
Okay, time to sleep! I got these new kicks in the mail today from the lovely people over at Mizuno Canada and I’m going to wake up nice and early to take them on their very first run!
They are the Wave Elixir 8. I am currently wearing the Wave Elixir 7 to run in and I absolutely love them. I have never had a shoe fit my foot so well. When I saw the new colours and design I almost had a heart attack! Aren’t they pretty?! Thank you, Mizuno!
I hope you all had a great day!