A sneak peek and my favourite Christmas presents

I am not big on the whole presents thing at Christmas.  I think it’s stressful and overrated, to be honest with you.  Maybe it’s because there aren’t any small kids in my family so you don’t see those awesome reactions and sparkling eyes when gifts are opened.  We are a bunch of adults buying for adults and it gets harder and harder every year because all of us have absolutely everything we need.  I’m not going to lie though, I got a couple of packages in the mail just before Christmas that I am really excited about.

First I got a really long box that I was confused about because I didn’t remember ordering anything online.  When I opened it, this was inside:

Thank you, Vega!  This was a complete surprise.  I don’t know how they knew it…but I needed a new yoga mat because I really want to start incorporating it back into my life.  If that wasn’t enough, a couple of days later I was sent enough Vega product to last me for a looooong time!

Now I knew this was coming but I didn’t know how much.  I was sent this crazy amount of Vega loot to help me stay fuelled throughout Thrive Forward.  I talked about Thrive Forward a little bit here, but I wanted to quickly mention it again since the start date is just around the corner (January 3rd) and you can join me along and maybe juuuuust maybe score yourself some Vega loot to fuel your Thrive Forward journey too!  Just when you thought my 12 Days of Giveaways were over…. ;)

Thrive Forward is a program developed by Brendan Brazier (formulator of Vega and all around awesome man who now follows me on Instagram so it’s safe to say we are best friends) and is a FREE online guide to help you (and me) transform your life through plant-based nutrition.  Now DO NOT get scared if you can’t live without your chicken breast and eggs.  This program is not forcing anyone to become a vegan.  It is meant to educate you and help you make small changes (i.e. eating a green smoothie every day) to help you feel better.  It doesn’t only cover diet and food either.  Brendan will be sharing workouts and information on topics like sleep, stress, energy, etc.  Here is the teaser video (watch it – it’s short, I promise):

If that doesn’t make you want to join the Thrive Forward Party, I don’t know what will!  LET’S MAKE 2013 OUR YEAR!!!  I pre-registered here and read the free ebook (which is emailed to you after you register) about 100 times already.  If you can’t tell, I’m really excited about it!

What is one thing that you eat every single day?

Do you have any goals for the upcoming year?

Comments

Wow that’s an awesome Christmas surprise!! :)

My goals for 2013 = FIRST ULTRAMARATHON (!!!) and checking off province #2 on my quest to run a marathon in every province :) Want to run the Fredericton marathon with me? I can’t keep up with you but would love a running buddu to chat recipes and cute workout clothes with post-race!!

• 2

Ultramarathon?!?! HOLY COW! You are equally amazing and insane! I am SO excited for you!! Running a marathon in every province is an awesome goal. When is the Fredericton one? haha maybe I will do it! I wanted to run Chicago though… We’ll see!!

Ah lucky you getting all those special gifts – you so totally deserve them too!!
    Thanks for sharing about Thrive Forward! I have signed up and so looking forward to being educated further so I can make good decisions for my health! x

I am with on the presents thing. We quit buying presents for each other when we moved onto the boat iin 2002 and have never looked back. I love the freedom to just enjoy the season and the decorations and events and the food and the fun and friends and family when we are with them. We had not a lot of extra space on the boat for STUFF and when we want something, we just get it so was really hard to buy for each other without spending money just to spend money, if you get what I mean.

Good luck with your Thrive program… I am starting a 30 Day Paleo Challenge and just found out I won an entry in the the New Year New Rules program in January, too.

Happy New Year and I hope that 2013 is just awesome for you and your loved ones!

• 14

I know exactly what you mean. Next year I’m going on STRIKE and I will enjoy Christmas without the gift buying. It takes the fun out of the holidays for me!

Good luck with the Paleo Challenge! I’ve heard so many good things about it!

Hope you had a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and the Captain too! xoxo

My lofty goal this year is to look like a fitness model .. lol. Really, I’d love to see if I can lean out enough to see some muscle. Right now, all my muscle is covered by .. fat. It’s not like I don’t have a clue about nutrition, it’s just that I don’t apply it on a regular and consistent basis.

Monica

Recki says

Thrive program sounds great but also looks expensive. I admire your motivation but if one has to take all those supplements don’t think it’s for me. Keep us posted on your success though.

• 23

Hi Recki!! You absolutely DO NOT have to take ANY supplements! These were sent to me in part for being a VegaTeam blogger but are not necessary to participate in Thrive Forward. The focus will be on real, plant-based foods (not supplements)!

HC says

I love your blog and thanks for the heads on on Thrive Forward. I had no idea about Brazier’s New Year’s program. I’m now signed up and looking forward to a healthier and fit 2013. I would love to do a half marathon some day…

I’m sooo glad I’m not the only one that doesn’t like the idea of presents. Unfortunately, my husband thrives on this. Ugh!!

Thrive Forward looks pretty awesome. I think I will go ahead and register. It has been nearly a year that I’ve been eating a vegetarian diet (Feb 2 was the last time!) and I have felt pretty amazing. I’d love more ideas to incorporate into my diet because I feel like I don’t have enough good ideas to fuel me properly.

Love all the Vega stuff that you got too. I am envious of that water bottle. I really want to try out there products but I don’t even know where to start! Any suggestions?

Trackbacks

1. [...] Reese Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake and was way too sweet, even for me.  I wanted to have it before Thrive Forward starts on the 3rd and honestly, it just reminded me that cutting dairy out of my diet is what is [...]