I might lose my voice.

by Christina @ The Athletarian on October 12, 2012

I’m not going to lie, I had a bit of anxiety about this weekeknd.  When I found out I was leaving for my trip this weekend I was so scared that I would miss two things, one being my half marathon on Sunday.  I realized that these opportunities don’t come often and there will plenty more races for me to run!  The other thing I didn’t want to miss was Tosca Reno’s competition which is TOMORROW!!  Since I am not leaving until Sunday, I get to attend the show with the ECD team and scream my little heart out for Tosca!

I honestly don’t know how I got so lucky to be able to hang out with the coolest and most inspirational people in the entire world.  To say I’m excited is an understatement.  I feel like it was just yesterday that Tosca announced she was competing in honour of her husband, Bob (pictured above, centre).  And now she’s going to be strutting her stuff on stage in her itty bitty bikini in less than 24 hours.  What. The. Heck.  Time flies!

She has been recording her progress on her blog, posting progress pictures, samples of her diet, and reports from her trainer, Rita Catolino.  It has been such an amazing and inspiring journey for her and I can’t wait to be a part of the big finale.  I hope people bring their ear plugs because I have a feeling our team is going to cause some ruckus.

Tosca and her trainer, Rita Catolino

It is going to be a blast and I can’t wait to share my experience with you.  It will be my first time attending a fitness competition and what better person to cheer for than Tosca!  This fits so well with my last post on Under Armour’s What’s Beautiful campaign.  Tosca set a goal and put in the time and hard work necessary to crush it.  Tomorrow will be such a memorable day.  That is what’s beautiful.

Wish Tosca luck (even though we all know she doesn’t need it)!

Any weekend plans?  Anyone running races?

1 Electra @ Vanilla Bean Lean October 12, 2012 at 5:34 pm

So glad you’ll still get to go! Have a blast! And then T minus 2 days!!! WAHOOOOOOO :-D

2 Lisa October 12, 2012 at 5:54 pm

What an honor! Tosca is my inspiration too! Have fun and safe travels! Look forward to your pictures and post on the event! :)

3 Jenn @ Run It My Way October 12, 2012 at 6:25 pm

Wooottttt!!! SO exciting, have FUN!!! What an awesome experience! I can’t wait to read all about it and see pictures!!

Oh yea- and GOOD LUCK to Tosca!!!

4 Gemma October 12, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Sooooo happy you were able to go!!!! Have fun and have an amazing trip!!!!!!

5 Missy October 13, 2012 at 10:40 am

What a great opportunity! Can’t wait to hear all about it!
I have officially added her Clean Eating cookbook to my wish list on Amazon…it will definitely be a future purchase and I have you to thank for that!
I already eat better than I did 5 years ago but there is always room to improve!

6 Debbie October 14, 2012 at 9:39 am

I can’t thank you enough for the pics keeping us (the ones that couldn’t attend!!!!) updated. I left the site up until 2am Florida time, refreshing the page every 1-2hrs to see how things were progressing and waiting for any NEWS!!!! And our lady brought it!! And Rita gets kudos and hugs for all she did, too, as she is also a BIG winner!! Tosca had some wonderful competition from what I could see, so this is an even bigger win for all the hard work and sacrifice for Bob, and for her, and for all of us who are awed at what this women continues to do for everyone. I am humbled. Thank you Tosca, Rita, and The Athletarian. -db