What’s Beautiful?

by Christina @ The Athletarian on October 10, 2012

What is beautiful to you?  For me it’s not about the makeup (I don’t even own one lipstick) or the shoes (I can’t walk in heels) or the fancy clothes (helloooo leggings!).  What is beautiful to me is accomplishing something I set my mind to, especially when it’s something people say will be too hard or even impossible for me.  One of the craziest things I have ever done (and I know I’ve talked about it before) is the Tough Mudder.  There was so much doubt in my mind and in the minds of those around me going into this event.

My team :)

Was it tough?  Yes.  Was it the hardest thing I’ve ever done?  Without a doubt.  Did I want to quit?  More than once.  Did I want to swear at the Arctic Enema and Electroshock Therapy obstacles?  You bet.  DID I FINISH??  With a smile on my freaking face.  There’s proof.

That’s beautiful to me.  No, not my face in that photo.  Finishing something I thought was impossible.  The feeling I got crossing the finish line (after the electric shocks, of course) was like no other feeling in the world.  Those Tough Mudder people were right when they said, “If you can do this, you can do anything” because I truly feel that I can do anything I put my mind do.

So what am I getting at?  I want to tell you a little bit about Under Armour’s What’s Beautiful campaign.

Under Armour Women set out to redefine the female athlete by creating What’s Beautiful, a program that encourages women to share their fitness journeys and receive motivation, free gear, and support from Under Armour along the way.

The Under Armour What’s Beautiful community is growing by the minute and the women in the challenge are seriously bringing it.  Check them out!  Set your own goal (it can be anything – run a 5K, hold a headstand, set an unassisted pull-ups PR!).  Crush your goal.  And the 10 women with the most epic journeys will win a trip to Florida to the Under Armour Women’s Camp Sweat where you will train with the best.

DO IT.  Go get motivated, find support, win cool gear and maybe even win the most amazing trip to Florida!  Check out the UA Website for stories from real women (just like us!) who have set goals and are working hard to crush them!  The community is so inspiring and supportive!

FitFluential LLC Compensated me for this campaign.  All opinions are my own.

What’s beautiful to YOU?

1 Jennifer (Savor) October 10, 2012 at 4:21 pm

Girl, you made me WANT to take part in a tough mudder! Great job.

2 Electra @ Vanilla Bean Lean October 10, 2012 at 4:45 pm

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!! So proud of you!

3 Ed October 10, 2012 at 5:12 pm

What is beautiful to me? My wife and bulldog in the morning curled up in my warm bed :)

4 Donnie Flaherty October 10, 2012 at 5:15 pm

I’m a dork but you had me tearing up from the beginning! You are beautiful and inspiring:)

5 Elle October 10, 2012 at 5:58 pm

That great picture of you makes me want to laugh out loud along with you!

6 Tabatha Rhodes October 10, 2012 at 6:06 pm

Love the picture of you in the water! Very inspiring indeed!! My top secret goal for next year is to do Tough Mudder.

7 Boston Bound Brunette October 10, 2012 at 6:30 pm

What an awesome post! You are beautiful and you don’t need all of those things you mentioned! What is beautiful to me? The Boston Marathon Finish Line is beautiful to me and it’s going to be even more beautiful when I am crossing it!

8 Danielle @WorkItWearItEatIt October 10, 2012 at 8:47 pm

Yes yes yes!! Love it!

9 Sonia the Mexigarian October 11, 2012 at 11:06 am

that picture of you smiling in the murky water makes me want to do a tough mudder. I just completed a goal of mine: 1/2 marathon. I may not have been fast, but I completed it :) this sounds like fun challenge with UA.

10 marisol October 11, 2012 at 12:45 pm

What’s beautiful to me is accomplishing something that I never thought I could do. As someone who has been overweight all her life, getting healthy & fit and accomplishing things that I never thought possible still shocks me. I’ve got long ways to go but I am having fun & working hard to get there.

11 Kerri O October 11, 2012 at 3:14 pm

OK, it took me a minute to recover from the fact that you don’t own a lipstick ;) LOVE your definition of beautiful!

12 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile October 11, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Love this! You’re gorg!

13 Katie October 12, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Love this!! I agree with you completely…. And I like the “changing I can’t to I did” picture– I’m going to post that anywhere and everywhere I can as soon as I finish my first half marathon in January!

14 Ali Mc October 12, 2012 at 2:04 pm

LOVE that pic of you :) you do look beautiful :D

15 Kate @ Run with Kate October 12, 2012 at 5:45 pm

I love the Under Armour campaign going on right now. Strong is beautiful!

16 Lisa October 13, 2012 at 7:46 am

You are beautiful inside and out! What a sweet post! I just love that picture of you with the water running down your face, really captures the moment! :)
Oooh, I love Under Armour, I’ll have to pass this along to my clients sounds like a great goal! Have fun today cheering Tosca Reno on!