Sooo remember how I posted about that 4-mile route I ran in 34:55?? Well yesterday pre-Thanksgiving feast, I ran it again in 31:48!!! I shaved off 3 minutes and 7 seconds and still felt amazing afterwards. Maybe it won’t take as long as I thought to reach my weird goal of running 4 miles in 30 minutes!
Sad news: I am enjoying running so much right now and I’m getting a lot of questions regarding the half marathon I’m supposed to be training for. Unfortunately, it is this Sunday which is the same day I have to leave for my trip. I couldn’t pass up this once in a lifetime opportunity (sorry…still can’t tell you) so my next 13.1 will have to wait. There will be plenty of races for me to run!
My fuel for my awesome 4 miles was apple pie. Yep, apple pie for breakfast but a healthier version, of course. It is still #cleancarbs October after all.
These oats were so good and I literally just threw everything in hoping it would taste decent. It actually (I’m not even lying) tasted like apple pie. I hate when people say things taste like things but they really don’t. So trust me on this one.
- 1/2 cup oats
- almond milk
- 1 tsp coconut sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 of an apple (grated)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- maple syrup
- Mix first four ingredients (oats, almond milk, sweetener, vanilla) in microwave safe bowl. I like my oats thick so I used just enough almond milk to make them moist. Microwave for about 45 seconds or until liquid is absorbed/your oats reach desired consistency.
- While oats are “cooking”, grate your apple.
- When oats are ready, top with grated apple, coconut, pecans, cinnamon, and a drizzle of maple syrup.
So easy. So delicious. Makes you run fast.
Happy Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends!
Do you use a running watch or a heart rate monitor? What kind?
Favourite kind of pie?