#ipromise

by Christina @ The Athletarian on October 3, 2012

Sorry no WIAW today.  Just as I was getting into the groove of taking pictures of all my meals, I failed you this week!!  I just wanted to mention a challenge I am taking part in from now until the rest of the year.  I know that is a long time but this challenge is modified on a weekly basis to support individual and particular goals.  You know how a lot of people post goals for the month?  This is just like that, but done weekly.  I think this will work for me, as my goals will seem more attainable and I will be able to change them up the following week if they are not working for me.

My friend Theresa started the challenge to hold herself accountable and has recruited a whole bunch of people to take it on as well.  I thought it sounded amazing so I jumped on board too.  The weekly promises are supposed to be stated on Mondays but I was a little late on this one so I will make my “declaration” today and stick with it until Sunday, October 7th!

#ipromise to eat a completely plant-based diet
#ipromise to stick to clean carbs for this month’s ECD Challenge
#ipromise not to have any treats this week (my trip is coming close!)
#ipromise to keep it clean on Thanksgiving this Sunday
#ipromise to increase my water intake to at least 3L a day
#ipromise to be in bed by 10pm so that I have energy for my 4:30am workouts
#ipromise to get a sweat session in every day for the rest of the week

Okay, here goes nothing!  This is going to be hard with Canadian Thanksgiving just around the corner but I am going to do my best.  I did make promises after all! ;)

This is a food and fitness-focused challenge.  If you would like to join in on all the fun, check out Theresa’s original post here to find out more details, follow her journey, and get in on all the tweet and Facebook action!

Are you making any promises to yourself this week?

1 Lisa October 3, 2012 at 3:16 pm

Great promises! I think I can promise myself all of them on your list exept for number 1. I love to add eggs and chicken to my meals, I could go plant based 3 or 4 times a week. I just need to sit down and menu plan all my meals. Menu planning is the challenge I took this month and I’ll be sharing my menu plan every Sunday.

2 Kristin @ My Mission Impossible October 3, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Love these! I’ve been meaning to post my goals all week, I did on IG, but still not my blog..I’m awful! I have no doubt that you will keep each of these promises :)

3 Cory Reese October 3, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Very, very impressive.

You have me so far beat that it’s not even funny. At this point, my promises are something like “I promise to only eat two cupcakes instead of five.”

Keep up the good work!

4 Meg October 3, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Way to go love! I have no doubt in my mind that you will follow all of your goals and SUCCEED! <3

5 Amy October 3, 2012 at 6:27 pm

What a great idea!!! I asked a question on one of your blog posts but now I can’t find it – not sure if you responded or not but it was about what kind of sugar free caramel and chocolate chips you use!? Do they have articifical sweeteners in them? Thank you! :)

6 Electra @ Vanilla Bean Lean October 3, 2012 at 9:42 pm

You. Are. Amazing!!!! LOVE your goals. And SO PSYCHEDDDDDDD twin!

7 Mandi Goudie October 3, 2012 at 11:15 pm

You have a lot of will power! I’m trying to eat cleaner these days. I already follow a mostly vegan diet, but this time of year its nearly impossible to cut out sugar (pumpkin lattes, pumpkin pie, pumpkin froyo…..)
Thanks for keeping me motivated!

8 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers October 4, 2012 at 10:54 am

Impressive! Of course, promising to eat clean on thanksgiving to me would be a promise to ruin a holiday, but that’s probably not the healthiest outlook. haha Good luck with your list. :)

9 Krysten Siba Bishop (@darwinianfail) October 4, 2012 at 11:34 am

LOVE THIS! GREAT IDEA and MESSAGE!! You go girl!

10 Life's a Bowl October 4, 2012 at 2:40 pm

Great idea and I totally should be doing the same promises you are [minus the Thanksgiving, I've got another month until mine] :)

11 Sara @ Running in Pink October 5, 2012 at 10:18 am

I promise to only eat something sweet once a day, and remember to eat less b/c I’m not running right now (injured) and don’t need as many calories!