Happy weekend! A lot of people ask me what I do to stay motivated or what tricks I have to make sure I don’t skip workouts. Though I’m not perfect, I thought I would put together a list of some things that keep me on track most of the time!
1. My accountability partner, Electra. We have been killing #OperationLean and text each other every day to help one another stay on track. Yes, she’s in a different country and no, we’ve never met but this works! Find someone to hold you accountable to your workouts so you’re less likely to skip them!
2. Going to sleep in workout clothes. This might sound weird but I do it. My alarm is set for 4:30am nearly every day so that I can get my sweat on before work. If I’m not dressed, I will most likely not work out. I can barely walk in a straight line in the morning, don’t ask me to dress myself! Don’t forget to layer socks and sweaters when it’s cold!
3. Knowing it will make my day go way smoother. Starting the morning with a good sweat session makes me feel amazing. If I start my day off amazing, the remainder of it should (and usually does) follow suit. I’m all about going into each day with a good mood and smile plastered on my face.
4. FOOD! Knowing that I consistently do what’s best for my body gives me a green light to indulge and have fun when I choose to! I am not going to lie and say clean food is all I eat and I never crave junk food. If you know me, you are well aware I can polish off a family sized bag of chips or half a pizza. Or both. At the same time. Point is, I can do it on occasion and not want to kill myself exercising for six hours the next day.
5. Keeping it FUN. I have accumulated quite a few pieces of home fitness equipment that have kept my workouts interesting. My pink sandbag, Ugi ball, Lebert Equalizers, treadmill, and free weights definitely keep exercising far from boring. Variety is the key to having fun. If you’re not having fun, you won’t do it. Switch up your routine, try a group fitness class, experiment with different equipment, etc.
6. Reaching goals. Whether it’s a race, a fitness competition, weight loss, muscle-building, or wanting to be healthy – SET. A .GOAL! Waking up and working towards that goal will only make reaching it even sweeter. Put in the hard work, reap the rewards, and celebrate when you get there. The Tough Mudder was huge for me. I thought I could never do it and now that I have, I feel like I can do anything!
I think that’s it for now! I hope you all have a fabulous weekend! I’m starting mine off with a good sweat…surprised?
What is the #1 thing you do to stay motivated or on track?