I’m a thief and I’m scared

by Christina @ The Athletarian on September 28, 2012

I woke up late yesterday (5:30am).  I usually get up at around 4:30am to work out before I have to go to work.  I guess all of the early mornings caught up to me and I just hit the snooze button on my phone.  I woke up an hour later in a panic, still wanting to fit a workout in (it makes my day go WAY better and I always make up excuses to skip my workout if I wait until the evening).  What’s a girl to do?  Go on Instagram, find your accountability partner, and steal one of her short and intense workouts.

This workout was tough.  I loved how much I was sweating and struggling, plus I still managed to get a little burn in before work.  Thank you, Electra!

I am going somewhere next month that I am super excited about but also really scared at the same time.  I will be travelling alone to a busy city for the very first time.  Airports freak me out.  I usually have Dean with me guiding me through the process.  I hate planes.  They make my ears pop really bad to the point that I want to cry.

I’m scared I will miss my family, Dean, my BFF, Princeton.  PRINCETON!!!  It’s only for three days but what the heck am I going to do without the people I see every single day?!  I guess that’s what Facetime is for! ;)

I love his face.

I was blessed with an opportunity, a dream, an experience I know I will remember forever.  I know I am going to meet some amazing people and do some amazing things during those three days.  I’ve always wanted to go on a trip alone and though I know I won’t be completely alone on this trip, it’s still a huge step for me!  I have just over two weeks to muster up a little bravery and…..get some abs.  I might need those too.  I took progress pictures but I’m scared to post them!  Maybe next week… ;)

Do you travel alone??

What is the last trip you went on?

1 Siobhan @ SiobhanMcCarthy.ca September 28, 2012 at 6:36 pm

I just traveled alone for the first time when I went to London for the Olympics and LOVED it!! I’m excited to hear about this adventure!!

2 Sandy September 28, 2012 at 6:39 pm

This sounds so amazing!! I am dying to find out what it is!! Post those progress pics girl! You’re sexy and you know it!!

3 Jenn @ Run It My Way September 28, 2012 at 6:43 pm

Awesome!!! I can take a guess at what this mystery thing is – excited to hear!! :)

4 Ed September 28, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Really you dont travel alone much? That seems to be all I do. Several years ago I flew to Alaska by myself for a job I found on the internet…that was scarey as all hell. But after that it was all simple…

5 Vivian September 28, 2012 at 7:36 pm

When will you share your news?! Can’t wait to find out what it is!
I’ve only traveled once on my own…and that was to an ashram in the middle-of-nowhere, BC, but it was a liberating feeling to be away on your own.

6 Alex @ therunwithin September 28, 2012 at 7:36 pm

sounds exciting!!!

7 Electra @ Vanilla Bean Lean September 28, 2012 at 7:39 pm

You’re going to be brave and perfect and your abs are going to rock – they already do :-D

8 Colby September 28, 2012 at 7:41 pm

I have learned to travel alone since my husband joined the military. It is scary the first time. I had many pep talks in my head. But if you want to get to your destination, you just have to do it! You will be fine! Good luck!

9 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate September 28, 2012 at 8:01 pm

And I thought my 4:45 wake up is early. LOL.

10 Luvena September 28, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Oh girl I totally feel you on the HORRIFIC ear popping on the plane. Mine make me want to cry too :0(. Only downfall of plane travel. I LOVE to travel alone. It makes me feel super adventurous and free!

11 Sarah September 28, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Where you headed girl? Don’t worry you will love it and feel so responsible doing it alone. Way to wake up so early btw. Even tho you woke up late I was still in bed ;)

12 Hikermom September 28, 2012 at 8:41 pm

So excited for you! You will be fine:) I just traveled from Seattle to Missouri today by myself. At my hotel right now. Missing my family and pups but will be worth it:)

13 Elle September 28, 2012 at 10:28 pm

All part of the growing process. It will be good for you to have to rely on YOU and you will experience growth and gain a lot of selfconfidence. Funny, other people think TO is a big city…. have a blast!

14 Lisa September 29, 2012 at 12:11 am

I agree, it’s all part of the growning process. I know what you are feeling because I never had the opportunity to travel alone. I too would be having the exact same feelings! Can’t wait to hear all about your exciting opportunity!

BTW, I too used the jump rope for my workout today! It’s a killer workout! :)

Have a great weekend! :)

15 Christy@ My Dirt Road Anthem September 29, 2012 at 8:18 am

I can’t wait to hear all about this. Princeton is the cutest dog I have ever seen!

16 Felicia September 29, 2012 at 4:12 pm

!!!!!!!!!!

[that is all]

17 Missy September 29, 2012 at 6:16 pm

Hey Christina, question…what do you do for work? Maybe you have mentioned it before but I feel like maybe I don’t know lol Just curious!

18 Jenny @ The Little JBird September 30, 2012 at 12:15 am

You’ll be okay, girl! Think about how much fun you’ll have and remember that it’s only for a few days. Your loves will be right there ready for you when you get home. :) xo

19 Bigsy September 30, 2012 at 8:07 am

If your ears pop go to shoppers drugmart and pick up “ear planes” I use them when I fly and they regulate the air pressure. Get two packs incase you lose one on the plane.

20 Doris @ vanillacocoberry October 2, 2012 at 1:02 am

christina! ill do that workout in a bit, thanks for posting! i just wont be able to do the box jumps, but Ill think of something else. Question: whats the program you use for fitting four small pictures into one??? your pics always look really well made , I want to know!!! :D have a great dayyy xx

21 corey @ learning patience October 2, 2012 at 11:13 am

Hi girl – you will be fine! Take it from a girl who flies monthly – i just blogged about how i fly…check it out! http://www.thehinzadventures.com/2012/09/29/how-i-fly/

I wanna know what the trip is and what for?

Feels so good to be back in. trinidad – still think you and dean need to come visit!

Xoxo from Trinidad

22 Ali Mc October 8, 2012 at 10:01 am

I think I already commented here but I wanted to tell you that one of the BEST trips of my life was going to LA alone. it was scary but also very empowering. I met tons of cool people and have a lot of great memories :)

You’ll be fine ;)