I’m a thief and I’m scared

I woke up late yesterday (5:30am).  I usually get up at around 4:30am to work out before I have to go to work.  I guess all of the early mornings caught up to me and I just hit the snooze button on my phone.  I woke up an hour later in a panic, still wanting to fit a workout in (it makes my day go WAY better and I always make up excuses to skip my workout if I wait until the evening).  What’s a girl to do?  Go on Instagram, find your accountability partner, and steal one of her short and intense workouts.

This workout was tough.  I loved how much I was sweating and struggling, plus I still managed to get a little burn in before work.  Thank you, Electra!

I am going somewhere next month that I am super excited about but also really scared at the same time.  I will be travelling alone to a busy city for the very first time.  Airports freak me out.  I usually have Dean with me guiding me through the process.  I hate planes.  They make my ears pop really bad to the point that I want to cry.

I’m scared I will miss my family, Dean, my BFF, Princeton.  PRINCETON!!!  It’s only for three days but what the heck am I going to do without the people I see every single day?!  I guess that’s what Facetime is for! ;)

I love his face.

I was blessed with an opportunity, a dream, an experience I know I will remember forever.  I know I am going to meet some amazing people and do some amazing things during those three days.  I’ve always wanted to go on a trip alone and though I know I won’t be completely alone on this trip, it’s still a huge step for me!  I have just over two weeks to muster up a little bravery and…..get some abs.  I might need those too.  I took progress pictures but I’m scared to post them!  Maybe next week… ;)

Do you travel alone??

What is the last trip you went on?

Comments

Really you dont travel alone much? That seems to be all I do. Several years ago I flew to Alaska by myself for a job I found on the internet…that was scarey as all hell. But after that it was all simple…

When will you share your news?! Can’t wait to find out what it is!
    I’ve only traveled once on my own…and that was to an ashram in the middle-of-nowhere, BC, but it was a liberating feeling to be away on your own.

I have learned to travel alone since my husband joined the military. It is scary the first time. I had many pep talks in my head. But if you want to get to your destination, you just have to do it! You will be fine! Good luck!

Luvena says

Oh girl I totally feel you on the HORRIFIC ear popping on the plane. Mine make me want to cry too :0(. Only downfall of plane travel. I LOVE to travel alone. It makes me feel super adventurous and free!

Where you headed girl? Don’t worry you will love it and feel so responsible doing it alone. Way to wake up so early btw. Even tho you woke up late I was still in bed ;)

So excited for you! You will be fine:) I just traveled from Seattle to Missouri today by myself. At my hotel right now. Missing my family and pups but will be worth it:)

All part of the growing process. It will be good for you to have to rely on YOU and you will experience growth and gain a lot of selfconfidence. Funny, other people think TO is a big city…. have a blast!

I agree, it’s all part of the growning process. I know what you are feeling because I never had the opportunity to travel alone. I too would be having the exact same feelings! Can’t wait to hear all about your exciting opportunity!

BTW, I too used the jump rope for my workout today! It’s a killer workout! :)

Have a great weekend! :)

If your ears pop go to shoppers drugmart and pick up “ear planes” I use them when I fly and they regulate the air pressure. Get two packs incase you lose one on the plane.

christina! ill do that workout in a bit, thanks for posting! i just wont be able to do the box jumps, but Ill think of something else. Question: whats the program you use for fitting four small pictures into one??? your pics always look really well made , I want to know!!! :D have a great dayyy xx

I think I already commented here but I wanted to tell you that one of the BEST trips of my life was going to LA alone. it was scary but also very empowering. I met tons of cool people and have a lot of great memories :)

You’ll be fine ;)

Trackbacks

1. [...] or perhaps I don’t want to feel like I need a nap after I eat.  Heck, maybe I’m even going on a trip next weekend and want to look my best.  When I try to explain they just don’t get it.  At [...]