WIAW: Operation Lean Edition

The UGI winner was announced earlier if you missed it!  I promised I’d be back with a WIAW so here it is!

I am happy to say that all has been going well in terms of Operation Lean.  I have steered clear from sugar and have been keeping my eats pretty clean and simple.  The only thing I am dying to do is tell you what my freaking surprise is!  Soon, soon.

Yesterday I woke up at around 4:30am to work out.  I can’t eat a lot when I wake up that early so I will usually do some fasted cardio or just eat a banana so I don’t feel like I’m going to pass out.

Post-workout I was feeling like pizza.  What?  You don’t crave pizza for breakfast?  I used an Ezekiel english muffin, homemade tomato sauce (with oregano, salt, and pepper as seasoning), and mozzarella cheese.  I baked it in the toaster oven for about 10 minutes and it was perfect.

Once I got to work I was already hungry so I snacked while my students were watching a movie.  Apples and almonds are the best combo ever.

I was so excited for lunch.  Dean packed me some of the rice and beans he made from The Eat Clean Diet for Men book he just got.  It was so yummy and definitely hit the spot.  It’s a really good fall/comfort food dish.

When I got home from work I was craving chocolate.  What else is new?  I whipped up my casein concoction and topped with coconut, sugar-free caramel and chocolate chips (sugar-free as well).  This is the best snack ever.

Finally dinner came and I realized I had barely had any veggies all day so I just made a simple salad with lettuce and tomato topped with guacamole (mashed avocado, lime juice, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cumin) and Greek yogurt.

So I’m still eating more or less like I usually do, just trying not to eat anything super starchy closer to the evening.  I usually don’t care about this and am happy to have rice, pasta, or a sandwich at dinner time.  Just for the next couple of weeks I am going to save those for the morning/afternoon and eat more veggies at night.  I don’t even know if it’s working or if anything is changing but I feel good and that’s what matters!

Hope you’re all having a great day!

What is your favourite kind of salad dressing?

Top three pizza toppings?

Comments

I love making english muffin pizza’s. I’ll also use ww pita bread too for my kids. A trick I like to do is take a handful of greens and blend it in the sauce. Honestly it’s not enough nutrients but at least it has a bit of greens in the sauce. Then I top it off with light cheese, sometimes I’ll top it with grilled chicken breast instead of pepperoni.

Anita says

My favourite food ever is pizza but I’ve cut back on carbs so I can’t enjoy it like I used to, but recently I found a recipe for cauliflower crust pizza and quinoa pizza muffins and I’m in love!! Pizza without the guilt! As long as there’s cheese on my pizza, any cheese, I’m a happy camper :)

Joanna says

Wow. 4:30 is so early. How do you do it?!! I thought my 5:45 wake up call was until I read your post. My fav dressing right now is homemade tahini miso dressing.

Cori says

I love english muffin pizzas! My top 3 pizza toppings are broccoli, ricotta cheese, and pineapple/ham combo. I usually love any veggies on top (except olives….yuck!).

Natasha says

I love balsamic vinaigrette with olive oil – never gets old!

Pizza toppings – roma tomatoes, basil, and mushrooms. BAM delicious

Pizza using an english muffin, genius! I am totally stealing that idea!
    I am doing a lot better with my eating, I did not give up sugar or alcohol, but I am eating more fruits and veggies and less junk food. So that’s a plus!

I LOVE that you had pizza for breakfast! I LOVE YOU HUNNIE!!!!!!!!

My fav way to top a salad is with RARE salmon and avocado :) Perfect dressing ;)

Thousand lslands (why they call it that), ranch, and french dressing.

Top three pizza toppings? Hard to rate but i love mushrooms (always a must), feta and chicken. Dang that sounds really good right now…I started dialing the pizza guy (not really but almost!)

Heather says

Salad dressing….any delicious vinagrette :) Pizza toppings, too many to count. I love a good veggie pizza, but am a sucker for a giant slice of pepperoni. Who doesn’t love pizza?

BTW I’m ready for the next challenge now that October is almost here! Know of any good ones? I really need to stop eating out so much..that one is a toughie.

Amy says

Thank you for posting your WIAW! I asked a few weeks ago and I’m so glad you went for it! :))) One question, what are your sugar free caramel and chocolate chips sweetened with? You don’t seem like someone who would eat aspartame or sucralose ;) I crave sweets and would love to know – thank you!!