This is why I love blogging.

by Christina @ The Athletarian on September 25, 2012

I get emails every single day from my readers and I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love them.  Hearing your stories and answering your questions makes me so incredibly happy.  I received one email in particular on the weekend from a reader who has been following me for quite some time now.  It gave me goosebumps and made me love what I do even more.  I asked her if I could share it and she happily agreed.  Here it is:

——————–

Hi Christina,

I wanted to share this with you because I have been following your blog since the fall last year and I feel like you were apart of this.

I won the Eat Clean 4th Annual Makeover Challenge!!!! Yep…ME!

Check it out…

I have been eating clean since last fall and I have been running since the spring this year.

You inspire me! I love reading your posts. I have tried many of your recipes and loved them. I won the Eat Clean Veg Cookbook when you had a contest…this is so my year!

Since getting the cookbook I eat mostly a plant based diet now (I was almost vegetarian anyway) and now I have eliminated all animal foods…slowly, it took time…but I feel great and I will continue with my weight loss and hopefully reach my goal soon.

I plan to run my first half marathon in October, the Niagara Half Marathon. I can’t even believe I’m a runner.

Next week I turn 40 and I can’t believe what changes I have made in a year. I’m a teacher also (High School Math) and my students keep commenting on how good I look. Weird. I bring apples to class now instead of suckers and they keep asking me to make them green smoothies. (I made them last year for my class and they loved them…now they want them all the time!)

Thanks for your help and motivation you are an inspiration!

Watch for me in Oxygen magazine…not until next year October 2013!!!

Carrie

——————–

I cannot tell you how happy I was when I read Carrie’s email and saw her transformation.  I am so proud of her!  As the grand prize winner she has won $3000, a trip to Toronto for a photoshoot with Oxygen Magazine, and a one-hour in-person consultation with Tosca Reno!  She is going to have a spread in Oxygen next year and I cannot wait to see it!!!

Once again Carrie, I am SO proud of you!  Congratulations on all of your hard work.  You are beautiful and such an inspiration.  Thank you for sharing your success with all of us!!!

Feel free to leave Carrie comments or questions below and perhaps she will stop by to answer them!

1 Ella Friberf September 25, 2012 at 9:39 am

Love this!!! Absolutely awesome and motivating. Brought happy tears to my eyes, is that weird?!

2 Siobhan McCarthy.ca September 25, 2012 at 9:41 am

I love this post! Good luck on your first half marathon Carrie!! I heard the Niagara race is an awesome one! And CONGRATS on the Oxygen spread! I can’t wait to see it!! I wish you would come to my house and make me green smoothies!

3 Lo September 25, 2012 at 9:43 am

That’s wonderful! I’ve been wanting to blog myself, never sure how to begin…

4 Kara September 25, 2012 at 9:45 am

Wow! What an amazing story and transformation! Congrats to Carrie !

5 Alex @ therunwithin September 25, 2012 at 10:15 am

wow what an inspiration I love that the kids ask for green smoothies!

6 Jenny @ The Little JBird September 25, 2012 at 10:19 am

Amazing journey! Many congrats to Carrie! :)

7 Lisa September 25, 2012 at 10:22 am

We love you blogging too! Congrats to Carrie, you look amazing and you should be so proud of yourself! :)

8 Missy September 25, 2012 at 10:22 am

Wow this is amazing! Congratulations Carrie! Keep up the good work.

9 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile September 25, 2012 at 10:28 am

Omg, AMAZING!!! I just got the chills. Congrats, Carrie!

10 Diana Acuna September 25, 2012 at 10:37 am

Congrats Carrie!! Thank you for sharing!!
Both of you guys are an inspiration…

11 Jamie September 25, 2012 at 10:40 am

oh. my. goodness.
i just got chills.

Congratulations Carrie!

You are very inspiring. You definitely have inspired me to eat clean… that’s for sure. I can already see a difference in my stomach. a LOT flatter, with the exception of the skin from post- baby. grrrr.

:) you ROCK!

12 Isel Falcon September 25, 2012 at 11:04 am

I need this inspiration I also need to loose weight and et healthy, I’m proud of what she has done. Good for Carrie

13 Corey melke September 25, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Anazing – what a wonderful story!

14 this fit chick September 25, 2012 at 12:36 pm

So so sweet! Congrats, Carrie!!

15 Vanessa September 25, 2012 at 1:09 pm

That’s so awesome!! She looks amaaaaazing! Congrats to her on all her successes! Thanks for sharing girl :)

16 April Miller-Rose September 25, 2012 at 1:32 pm

This is amazing and so inspiring! I looove hearing about peoples hard work and dedication paying off. Seeing the happiness you get when you see how far you have come! Way to go Carrie!! You look SO amazing!! keep up all your hard work, it will be rewarded!! =)

17 Rachelle September 25, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Awesome, awesome, awesome!! Wow this made me totally tear up. Just amazing stuff and this truly reitirates why I love blogging. I may not blog all that often but I have met so many truly amazing people through blogging and stories like this are a great reminder of why I stay apart of this community!

18 Ed September 25, 2012 at 2:36 pm

Wow that is pretty inspirational…must feel really good to inspire like that! I love the positivity that goes with blogging…it is what keeps me doing it…

19 Brittany @ Little b's healthy habits September 25, 2012 at 2:45 pm

So awesome I love seeing stories like this!

20 Sonia the Mexigarian September 25, 2012 at 3:59 pm

So motivating! Huge Congrats to Carrie for gearing towards a healthy lifestyle :) Stories like this are a great kick in the butt to keep on the path.

21 Elle September 25, 2012 at 4:19 pm

How wonderful that you inspired someone to become healthier, more fit, and achieve her dreams!

And how great for Carrie! Will look forward to the Oxygen spread.

22 Sandy September 25, 2012 at 8:30 pm

What an amazing story and I love how you were a motivating factor for her! You are just awesome like that! I love hearing success stories like this. It lets others know that anything is possible if you put your mind to it and keep your eye on the GOAL!

23 Danielle @WorkItWearItEatIt September 25, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Amazing! Congratulations Carrie!!

24 Insane Mamacita September 25, 2012 at 10:33 pm

What an amazing transformation! And you are a great inspiration to all!

25 Melissa @ Mouthwatering Morsel September 25, 2012 at 11:11 pm

congrats carrie! this is wonderful and a definite motivation to everyone!! :)

26 Electra @ Vanilla Bean Lean September 25, 2012 at 11:53 pm

LOVE THIS! You’re a total inspiration Christina! And way to go Carrie!

27 Beatatjata - post baby shape up September 26, 2012 at 4:21 am

Very inspiring! Love these “i was out of shape but look at me now”-stories, easier to identify with. Keep up the good work!

28 Meg September 26, 2012 at 6:17 am

WOW! I am proud of Carrie AND you! I love emails like that.

I also love YOU! xoxoxoxo

29 Ali Mc September 27, 2012 at 3:25 pm

This is sooooooo awesome!!!!! I’m so happy you blog too :) you definitely inspire me! although, I did fall off the sugar strike :P oh well! I’m back on the clean eating train at least.

I am super excited to read this! thanks for sharing Carrie!!!

30 Christy@ My Dirt Road Anthem September 29, 2012 at 8:17 am

That is so awesome!!!

31 abbey September 30, 2012 at 4:46 pm

That is amazing and so inspiring!! Thank you… both of u!!!

32 Jen Laceda | Tartine and Apron Strings October 6, 2012 at 2:08 am

This is soooo inspiring! Really. I’m setting goals for myself, too :)