Operation Lean and Good Luck, Q!

There is something really special that is happening next month that I can’t tell you about just yet but it is going to involve some serious dedication and planning over the next few weeks.   Electra and I have decided to hold each other accountable with our food and fitness and I couldn’t have asked for a better partner.  She recently wrote a post about her goal to lean out so all of her hard-earned muscle can POP so we are blazing through the next few weeks eating #realfood and undergoing #operationlean (all while using those hashtags on Instagram and Twitter).

Me and my accountability partner on a recent Skype date!

My workouts are going to be cranked up a notch with a lot more cardio and HIIT taining.  I am thinking morning cardio (running) and afternoon HIIT training (using my Ugi ball, Ultimate Sandbag, and Lebert Equalizers).

Food-wise, I am continuing to Strike Sugar until further notice (forever would be nice!) with no slip-ups this time!!!  Please put all of your goodies away if you invite me over, okay?  It’s all about real food: whole grains, veggies, fruits, nuts, and seeds are going to be my staples.  I will be experimenting with different ways of getting protein in as well.  I’m not sure what that means yet but I am going to see if there is a way to get some in!

I am so excited that I have a goal to work towards and can’t wait to share it with all of you (and no, it’s not a photo shoot)!

I also wanted to wish my friend Quinton good luck this weekend!  He is running the Montreal Marathon and I know he is going to rock it!  He is so dedicated in his training (like running 20 miles to work is normal for him) so I think he’ll be juuuuuuust fine!

Go get it, Q!  You are going to be amazing!!  And maybe you can teach me how to shave an hour of my marathon time when you get back! ;)

What is your main source of protein?

Do you have any races coming up?

Comments

You two ladies combined sounds like trouble or some serious fitness happening!

My main source of protein is protein powder, well that and eggs…gotta love eggs!

Q says

…sunnuva.
    I was trying to sneak out to Montreal to eat some poutine. The marathon was just an excuse to get there.
    Thanks for the positive vibes…i’ll bring you back some…errrr nevermind. You need to stay focussed on this thing you call “eating clean”.

My main source of protein is low fat “fromage blanc” or “fromage frais” (don’t know the equivalent in english, it’s thicker than a greek yogurt but less than cottage or curd cheese … ??? well full of protein with 0% fat ! ^^)
    My next race is a 14km on october !!! I’m working on it ;)

You can handle any challenge!! You are so fit and I think you are such an inspiration to everyone. I am dying to hear the news. All I can say is that you deserve whatever it may be! I hope it’s the news I have been waiting for since that would take lots of dedication and planning!!

I just NEED to join in on this!! I have not been accountable to myself and have been making way too many excuses to eat badly and skip the gym.

I want to try to drastically reduce my sugar intake as well and up the training, especially HIIT.

Can’t wait to see how you do with this and I am excited for the news :)

• 14

I know exactly what you mean. There was a week where I barely even moved! After I got this phone call though, I knew I had to whip myself into shape and put myself in high year. You will find out soon but in the meantime let’s do our best to give our bodies what they need!

you ladies are awesome! i wont be joining, but i’ll be doing operation #buildmoremuscle :) i actually want to do a 5k this fall just for fun- its been a while and i’m curious to see how i would do!

I’m totally looking forward to this! :) I’d love to join in, that is if you are forming a virtual group. I was just talking to some of the fitness instructors I work with this morning and we all said we need to find some way to stay motivated with the winter months around the corner. We busy motivating our clients but we need motivation for ourselves! lol

I try to get a variety of protein in my diet, from eggs, yogurt, chicken, once in awhile red meat, and plant protein sources such as tofu, seeds/nuts/legumes. Have a great weekend! :)

• 20

OF COURSE you can join in!! All you have to do is use the same hashtags (#operationlean and #realfood). Feel free to tag me and/or Electra on IG as well! Everyone is welcome to our party!

Variety is key to staying on the eat clean wagon and I commend you for having so many sources of protein in your diet! Happy Saturday! xoxo

Ahh can I join in on this #operationlean?!! I need my muscles to POPPPP too ;) I’m content with how clean I eat now, but I feel like if I had accountability, I could do way better!!

ooh, i’m excited to hear bout the big news coming up soon!
    my top picks for protein are egg beaters, tuna and shrimp. the egg beaters are awesome because one of the 16 oz containers have about 45 g of protein and only 240 cal’s. they are super easy to make an omelet or pop in the micro…i swear the micro thing works! :)

Is it bad to make my #operationlean reason because I’m going on vaca to Hawaii in 2 weeks? If not then I’m with you…oh and I have a race next weekend! Only a sprint tri but it’s the last one of the season so I gotta go out with a bang (and hopefully a medal!). Lastly…protein…being a gluten free vegan my go to protein are chia/hemp/pea protein powder, tempeh, and beans. :) You are so fun to follow…got get your goal girl, you are awesome!

Trackbacks