WIAW: I kind of like coconut

by Christina @ The Athletarian on September 12, 2012

Woohoo!  I am even more excited to post now because of how awesome by blog looks!  If you missed it, the new design went live last night.  You can find out who designed it and where to find her in last night’s post!  I am going to have a very special celebratory giveaway at the end of the week to celebrate the new look!

Now let’s get on with WIAW, courtesy of Jenn!

I was home from work yesterday so I had time to actually spend on assembling my food.  Not that I made anything spectacular, but today you have the luxury of looking at food that is not in plastic containers or ziploc bags!

I woke up, did my Insanity Fit Test (improved on every exercise!), and then refuelled with this bad boy:

I made the same hugh jass vegan pancake that I made last week but topped it with a sauce I made out of blueberries, water, Greek yogurt, and coconut sugar.  YUM.  Top it with coconut = double YUM.

Snack attack ensued about two hours later!  Hungry like a hippo these days (thank you, Shaun T!).  I made a little bowl of Greek yogurt, original Puffins, sliced banana, blueberries, and more COCONUT!

This was actually very delicious.  I stayed away from Greek yogurt for a while because I thought it was playing funny games with my stomach but everything seems to be A-OK now!

My lunch inspiration came from the WIAW lady herself!  Jenn is always posting pictures of her famous stuffed sweet potatoes so I thought I’d give it a try!

I baked it, sliced it in half and filled it with lettuce, black beans, Greek yogurt, salsa, cheddar, and jalepenos.  Jenn, you are onto something because this hit.the.spot!

Dinner was boring but good.

I just chopped and mixed whatever I could find in my fridge: lettuce, cucumbers, olives, feta, grated carrot, and corn.  I just used olive oil and white balsamic for my dressing.

There you have it.  I love coconut, I am boring, and I like food that can be prepared and eaten within 10 minutes.  Though I’m not a culinary superstar, I’m getting into the good habit of eating every few hours and incorporating way more veggies into my meals these days and that makes me feel great!

Do you prefer sweet potatoes or regular potatoes?

Do you have any food intolerances?  Dairy, gluten, etc?

1 Corey @ Learning Patience September 12, 2012 at 12:09 pm

WIAW posts are fun-glad you joined the party – nice pictures too – sooo colorful!

xoxo from Trinidad

2 Jess @ Truly.Into.Fitness September 12, 2012 at 12:10 pm

LOVE the new look of the site love!! And I’m definitely a sweet potato girl ALL THE WAY! I don’t even like regular potatoes!

I’m sensitive to too much dairy and gluten so I make sure not to have many of those!

3 heid donato September 12, 2012 at 12:15 pm

I tried the protein pancakes they were so filling could only eat one I put fresh punkin in mine and topped with blueberries and kiwi.

4 Brittany @ Little b's healthy habits September 12, 2012 at 12:26 pm

I’ve been saying I need to re-design my blog for eh about 6 months now! Yours looks incredible and it looks like you may have gotten a new camera too? Did I miss that? Either way your blog and your photos look phenomenal!

5 Christina @ The Athletarian September 12, 2012 at 12:46 pm

Thanks, b! I didn’t get a new camera…these are all iPhone pictures. No joke. I don’t even think I edited these ones. Maybe just a colour boost?

6 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table September 12, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Your site looks fantastic!

Jenn’s sweet potatoes are amazing. I wish I could have one every meal!

I don’t think I have food intolerances, but I do find if I eat too much dairy that my face breaks out.

7 Sam September 12, 2012 at 12:44 pm

New site is looking good! I love coconut too! I’m a lazy cook so while I’ve always thought that those sweet potatoes look amazing I’ve never actually tried one. Maybe some day………Oh, and I am lactose intolerant. Boo.

8 Rachelle September 12, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Oh my goodness you are making me drool! The food looks so good, your new blog layout looks amazing, and gosh I just love you!

Have an amazing day!

9 Alex @ therunwithin September 12, 2012 at 1:44 pm

I am with you on the coconut addiction.

10 Nadège September 12, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Love coconut too !!! so freaking good ! Your snack looks pretty “délicieux !!!” :)
It’s not really an intolerance but I have to eat less carbs as I have an irritable bowel syndrome : I still eat them but I’m very carefull … I avoid rice, pasta, potatoes, and as much as I can I choose the whole grain version of them

11 Sherry September 12, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Sweet potatoes!!!

12 Connie September 12, 2012 at 2:26 pm

Omgggg all your meals look so delicious, especially that stuffed sweet potato. I’m drooling. I need to make that asap!!

13 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile September 12, 2012 at 3:02 pm

I am obsessed with coconut! It’s not normal. haha

14 Ed September 12, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Sweet potaters!!!! Especially when it comes to fries…mashed sweet potatoes with coconut milk, some nut meg and salt is also fantastic…

I think if I lived my life as if I had a gluten intolerance I would be healthier…but I don’t have any official intolerances…

15 Julia @ Pain, Pride, Perseverance September 12, 2012 at 5:18 pm

it has been far too long since i have had PUFFINS!!!! haha! LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog!

16 Matt @ The Athlete's Plate September 12, 2012 at 7:42 pm

Coconut is good :)

17 Sarah @ Feeeding the Brain and Body September 12, 2012 at 8:28 pm

I like sweet potatoes, but the white flesh ones, they are firmer :) Your new blog design looks awesome :)

18 Jina September 12, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Love the new look!

I think you just described me! I love coconut, I’m boring, and I like foods that can be prepared and eaten within 10 minutes. :c)

19 Meg September 12, 2012 at 11:00 pm

mmmm good looking breakfast chickie :) i definitely prefer sweet taters!

20 caloricandcrazy September 13, 2012 at 12:18 am

That pancake looks decadent! :D

21 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin September 13, 2012 at 6:43 am

Your new blog design looks awesome! I love the colours! :D

I’m more of a sweet potato girl, but I still love regular potatoes too. And I’m allergic to nuts which is a major PITA (pain in the….)!

22 Eating 4 Balance September 13, 2012 at 7:44 am

I just checked out that pancake recipe. Looks great, especially because there are no eggs! YAY! I do have a question though: Have you ever tried making the pancake with anything other than oat flour? I can’t eat anything with oats because of stomach issues, but I was thinking that quinoa flakes/flour may be substitutable here. Thoughts?

23 Lisa September 13, 2012 at 3:53 pm

The new design looks amazing!
I’m also obsessed with coconut, I think its problematic now.
Have you tried coconut butter or flour?
You MUST!

24 Felicia September 14, 2012 at 9:07 am

ugh, i’m allergic to sweet potatoes. it breaks my heart. i’ve tried so many times and i just can’t eat them :*(
i love red roasted potatoes though!

25 Alexia September 14, 2012 at 9:17 am

easy chopped “throw in everything there is left in the fridge” salads are really in style in my life too at the moment!! i wished i had more time for cooking or even EATING! haha… stuffed sweet potatoes are fabulous… i took my inspiration from jen too!