WIAW: I kind of like coconut

Woohoo!  I am even more excited to post now because of how awesome by blog looks!  If you missed it, the new design went live last night.  You can find out who designed it and where to find her in last night’s post!  I am going to have a very special celebratory giveaway at the end of the week to celebrate the new look!

Now let’s get on with WIAW, courtesy of Jenn!

I was home from work yesterday so I had time to actually spend on assembling my food.  Not that I made anything spectacular, but today you have the luxury of looking at food that is not in plastic containers or ziploc bags!

I woke up, did my Insanity Fit Test (improved on every exercise!), and then refuelled with this bad boy:

I made the same hugh jass vegan pancake that I made last week but topped it with a sauce I made out of blueberries, water, Greek yogurt, and coconut sugar.  YUM.  Top it with coconut = double YUM.

Snack attack ensued about two hours later!  Hungry like a hippo these days (thank you, Shaun T!).  I made a little bowl of Greek yogurt, original Puffins, sliced banana, blueberries, and more COCONUT!

This was actually very delicious.  I stayed away from Greek yogurt for a while because I thought it was playing funny games with my stomach but everything seems to be A-OK now!

My lunch inspiration came from the WIAW lady herself!  Jenn is always posting pictures of her famous stuffed sweet potatoes so I thought I’d give it a try!

I baked it, sliced it in half and filled it with lettuce, black beans, Greek yogurt, salsa, cheddar, and jalepenos.  Jenn, you are onto something because this hit.the.spot!

Dinner was boring but good.

I just chopped and mixed whatever I could find in my fridge: lettuce, cucumbers, olives, feta, grated carrot, and corn.  I just used olive oil and white balsamic for my dressing.

There you have it.  I love coconut, I am boring, and I like food that can be prepared and eaten within 10 minutes.  Though I’m not a culinary superstar, I’m getting into the good habit of eating every few hours and incorporating way more veggies into my meals these days and that makes me feel great!

Do you prefer sweet potatoes or regular potatoes?

Do you have any food intolerances?  Dairy, gluten, etc?

Comments

New site is looking good! I love coconut too! I’m a lazy cook so while I’ve always thought that those sweet potatoes look amazing I’ve never actually tried one. Maybe some day………Oh, and I am lactose intolerant. Boo.

Love coconut too !!! so freaking good ! Your snack looks pretty “délicieux !!!” :)
    It’s not really an intolerance but I have to eat less carbs as I have an irritable bowel syndrome : I still eat them but I’m very carefull … I avoid rice, pasta, potatoes, and as much as I can I choose the whole grain version of them

Sweet potaters!!!! Especially when it comes to fries…mashed sweet potatoes with coconut milk, some nut meg and salt is also fantastic…

I think if I lived my life as if I had a gluten intolerance I would be healthier…but I don’t have any official intolerances…

Love the new look!

I think you just described me! I love coconut, I’m boring, and I like foods that can be prepared and eaten within 10 minutes. :c)

I just checked out that pancake recipe. Looks great, especially because there are no eggs! YAY! I do have a question though: Have you ever tried making the pancake with anything other than oat flour? I can’t eat anything with oats because of stomach issues, but I was thinking that quinoa flakes/flour may be substitutable here. Thoughts?

The new design looks amazing!
    I’m also obsessed with coconut, I think its problematic now.
    Have you tried coconut butter or flour?
    You MUST!

ugh, i’m allergic to sweet potatoes. it breaks my heart. i’ve tried so many times and i just can’t eat them :*(
    i love red roasted potatoes though!

easy chopped “throw in everything there is left in the fridge” salads are really in style in my life too at the moment!! i wished i had more time for cooking or even EATING! haha… stuffed sweet potatoes are fabulous… i took my inspiration from jen too!