Feeling Fancy

I told you all about the battle I had to face on Saturday and I am proud to say that it went well!  The wedding Dean and I attended was absolutely amazing.  It felt great to get out!  Since we have gotten Princeton we really haven’t had the chance to dress up and do something fun so this was perfect.  Celebrating the wedding of my friends, Nikki and Adam, was so much fun and we didn’t even really know many of the guests at the wedding!  We made friends, danced, ate (!!!), and laughed.  One thing I realized is that as fun as it is to look like this 90% of the time…

…it’s also fun to dress up.  I hate heels.  HATE.  But putting on a new dress and fancy gold heels made me feel like a million bucks on Saturday.  I’ve spent the last few months in Lululemon shorts and flip flops so it was a nice change to actually feel womanly!  Does that make sense?  Here are some of the shots from the night:

My favourite picture :)

I swear he smiles in real life ;)

The great thing about a dress with ruffles is that you can eat as much as you want and your food baby is very well disguised! ;)  I tried to take a picture of all of the food we ate but the lighting wasn’t that great and so it didn’t look that appetizing…but it was.  Jut close your eyes and imagine five different plates of delicious food.  There ya go.

Now can someone else get married so I can dress up again??

When was the last wedding you went to?

Are you a fan of high heels or do you feel like you’re doing perma-calf raises in them?! (guys don’t feel obligated to answer this! ;) )

Comments

Heather says

I love weddings! We went what my husband refers to as my “superbowl” of weddings in a small town in Mexico last April that was at a hacienda from the 150os. It was A-MA-ZING! Not to mention it was a close friend of mine who I had not seen in a long time, very special.

I also love heels :) It is a nice bump in height and they make my legs look awesome. I only like standing/dancing in them for short increments of time though, preferably complemented by longer periods of sitting and looking fabulous.

You and Dean look very nice and I think you should be the next one to get married so we can dress up at your wedding hehehe!! I promise to stop asking for the LV clutch after this post…Now give me the Eva! I want it!!

• 7

Hahaha I swear Sandy, when he proposes you are going to be the first person I tell! ;) The Eva is super cute. Dean actually bought it for me after I won a bet. I was telling him how much I wanted it for SO long and he was so tired of hearing it so he challenged me. He said if I could eat 10 shrimp in 5 minutes with NO WATER, the Eva would be mine. I hate shrimp so much but I did it, I got my Eva, and then stopped telling him how cute it was and how badly I needed it. Isn’t that such a weird story? That’s how I get gifts. Not because it’s Christmas or my birthday…but because I force myself to eat food that makes me gag!

• 8

I need to start making bets with Dean! I hate shrimp too but I will top you and 20 shrimps in 5 minutes and then the LV is mine! Haha!! Can’t wait for the two of you to tie the knot. You are so good together:) It will be the wedding of the fittest couple ever!

LOVE your pics! Especially your comment about Dean smiling in real life:)

The last wedding I went to was last weekend and it was unnnnnbelievable! So gorgeous! It was on a 100 acre farm up at Camano Island, WA. So beautiful to be surrounded by gorgeous farm land and water… plus the couple was disgustingly ADORABLE:) aaaaahhh, I love weddings, too!

PS: I LOVE heels — but mostly because I’m short. Also, the higher they are the more comfortable they are (for me) — weird, I KNOW! ;)

Went to a wedding a week ago and going to another this weekend. My heels were killing my calves at the last one, so I switched to flip flops. They make my legs look awesome, but they’re way too uncomfortable. Might skip them this weekend.
    Love your dress!

Angela says

I was a bridesmaid in my friend’s wedding on Saturday. I had my hair and make-up done and it felt great! Though Sunday, after eating 2 pieces of wedding cake and several glasses on wine, I felt icky, so back to clean eats!

I love your dress! I have a flapper dress too and it’s the best for the exact reason you articulated :) I agree – I love my casual clothes and bumming around in yoga pants and the like….but it’s also fun to get dressed up and put on real make-up and stuff!

I used to live in heels even though I am almost 5’11″ – no need for them on the sailboat though so all my girlie clothes eventually were donated to worthy women’s shelters and other causes.

Last week I actually bought 2 dresses! One is black and the other is purple! Must have been inspired by the new HANDFUL garments (oh gosh did you get yours yet?) and I am looking forward to getting dressed up soon.

You and the Deanster look beautiful.. you are more! :) And I love the cute ruffly dress on you.