Time for BATTLE!

Thanks for all of the comments on my mega vegan pancake!  I am so happy to hear that some people have already tried it and loved it as much as me!!  Today I just wanted to talk about battling sugar cravings.  This is coming at the perfect time because I have a wedding to go to tonight and I am sure there are going to be a lot of goodies around that are going to be difficult to resist.  I don’t know about you, but I have a really hard time turning down cookies or cake, especially when chocolate is involved!!  The Eat Clean Diet team put together this really cool flow chart to suggest different ways to battle cravings:

(click image to enlarge)

A lot of the things in the above chart actually work for me!  Getting active is a good one.  If I am having a stellar day in terms of workouts, I don’t want to ruin it with poor diet choices, especially sugar.  We all know we can’t outdo a bad diet with exercise!  Drinking tea also works wonders.  If you have access to a specialty tea shop, I would suggest checking it out and getting some fun loose leaf teas.  I get mine from David’s Tea and am so excited to try some of the new flavours I bought:

The fact that these flavours even exist blows my mind.  I’m sure with a little splash of almond or coconut milk and a couple drops of stevia, these teas will be almost like the real thing!  Almost.

We are one week in and there are only three weeks to go!!  For me, the cravings usually happen during the first week or so but it does tend to get easier as time goes on.  Think before you cave and reach for something sweet.  Distract yourself, go for a walk, drink some tea, or call me! ;)  I know I will be thinking of all of you while I sit at the table tonight watching everyone else stuffing their faces with cake while I sip my tea!

Have a great weekend!

Do you prefer coffee or tea?

Comments

I definitely prefer tea! And I luuuurve DAVIDsTEA thanks to you and Meg!! I”m not a fan of the dairy, sugar, and artificial flavoring in a lot of there awesome teas though. I haven’t had a chance to sit down and take the time to look/create a list of “legal” teas I want to order — it’s a must do very soon though — I’m waaaay over due:)

PS: I can’t even begin to express how excited I am to see the Eat Clean Diet Team & You — who have an impressive following — spearhead this sugar strike.

People don’t realize (or merely push it out of their minds) that sugar truly is the root of all evil.

Cancer for example THRIVES in an acidic and toxic environment, and we ALL have cancer cells in our bodies. Thus the importance of EATING CLEAN, and avoiding sugars, particularly refined sugars could save you or a loved ones life.

As with anything good or bad, it’s a process — there’s no magic pill and results are not overnight, so Eating Clean absolutely has to be a lifestyle change! It all comes done to the choices we make.

• 4

YES! Some of them have teensy weensy bits of sugar. I have to double check these two and may have to wait until the challenge is over to have them! I’ve got plenty of fruit flavoured ones though and those should definitely hold me over!

I love your comment. Thank you! I couldn’t agree with you more. Eating clean is definitely the best thing anyone can do for themselves. Not just to look better, but to be HEALTHY! Food can either be medicine or poison. It’s up to us to decide!

I sure could’ve used this friday when I ate a timbit. Although, I’m still instagraming the contest pics because I re-read everything and it says nothing about not eating sugar being how you win – you just need a creative way you’re striking sugar – right???

I am pretty excited that I passed on not one but TWO birthday cakes today ;)

I am definitely a coffee drinker, never really liked tea, unless it’s sweet tea, ya know a southern thing! lol
    But never been interested in those “healthy” teas lol

COffeeeee, coffee, coffee, coffee….as you can see I don’t drink that much of it! I love a good carmel breve latte in the morning or afternoon, none in the evening though or i would never sleep….

• 10

Sharon says

I’m a tea drinker though I took a break after whitening my teeth. I think I’ll buy some white tea for less staining! What is your favorite David’s tea? I’ll have to find that pancake recipe!

I cheated Saturday. Already. Had to have my frozen yoghurt.
    But, I’m back on track, and that is good, huh..?

Coffee or Tea? Both. Depends on the time of day.

Have a great day, (and I so love your blog by the way! )

Trackbacks