Make this now.

by Christina @ The Athletarian on September 6, 2012

So yesterday as one of my meals I ate a massive vegan pancake topped with Powercakes’ strawberry chia jam (check it out here).  I loved this pancake SO much that I made it again for breakfast today.  It is so moist and perfect that I just had to share the recipe with you.  I am actually surprised it even came out good because all of the things I come up with on my own are usually a huge fail.

Today I didn’t have time to make the chia jam but I topped my pancake with figs, unsweetened coconut, walnuts, and a drizzle of maple syrup.  My goodness, does it get any better?

Here is what you need:

1/2 cup oat flour (I just grind up my oats in my magic bullet)

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Stevia (I used 8 drops of liquid stevia)

1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice – I bet coconut would be awesome!)

Mix all of your dry ingredients first, add the wet ingredients, mix, and cook on a non-stick pan!  It’s that easy!  I have a small pan that’s meant for frying eggs so I use that and it makes the perfect sized and perfectly round pancake.

Isn’t it beautiful?  So fluffy and moist!

Now go make it!

What is your favourite pancake/waffle topping?

Do you like figs??

1 Isabelle September 6, 2012 at 10:56 pm

It looks soooo good! I will try that saturday morning for sure with my favorite…maple sirop of course ! Hey I’m from Quebec, Canada!! ;)

2 Christina @ The Athletarian September 6, 2012 at 11:04 pm

A fellow CANADIAN!! Hello!! Let me know how you like it! I love maple syrup as well. It is SO yummy! Thank you so much for your comment. I hope you are having a great evening!!

3 Isabelle September 8, 2012 at 10:06 am

Wow!!! Sooooo delicious and so simple to make! LOVE IT!! :) I will definitely make those again…like tomorrow! ;) I’ve been Vegan for over month now, so Thank you for sharing this recipe! Have a great weekend!

4 Christina @ The Athletarian September 8, 2012 at 12:44 pm

WHOOO!! So happy you loved it!! I hope you have a great weekend too!!

5 Corinne September 6, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Coconut milk would be awesome in this. Also LOVE maple syrup, but cannot go past sugar and lemon (though maybe not on your sugar-free month!).

Figs are pretty tasty – love the dried ones with some dark chocolate (dairy-free) and almonds. Even better when they’ve all been sitting in the fridge so they taste all cold and fresh.

6 Christina @ The Athletarian September 7, 2012 at 12:01 am

Hi Corrine!! I’ve actually never tried sugar and lemon. Maybe on October 1st! ;)

The dried figs are super yummy too, though I’ve never had them with CHOCOLATE!! I imagine that combination to be heavenly!!

7 Corinne September 7, 2012 at 12:24 am

Figs + dark chocolate + almonds = heavenly. My mum got me on this combination a while ago, and I have it as every few days minimum (sometimes daily!).

The sugar and lemon go best with thin pancakes or crepes. Sprinkle castor (fine) sugar and then top with lemon juice. It forms an easy lemon glaze on the crepe/pancake. It’s just so good.. I think I’ll make some tomorrow!

8 Christina @ The Athletarian September 8, 2012 at 12:45 pm

YUM! You are a genius!

9 Alexandra September 7, 2012 at 4:53 am

Well, I literally just died and came back to life– THIS LOOKS SO DELICIOUS!!! :D

10 Christina @ The Athletarian September 7, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Hahah thank goodness you came back to life!!

11 Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement September 7, 2012 at 8:10 am

I saw this when you instagrammed it and had to come over for the recipe. I cannot believe how fluffy it gets without egg. I make something similar with eggs, but it’s nice to know I can vagan-ize them. Figs are delicious!

12 Christina @ The Athletarian September 7, 2012 at 4:37 pm

I KNOW!!! I was so surprised at how fluffy and delicious this turned out! So happy you like figs as much as me! :)

13 Tink September 7, 2012 at 9:38 am

I am so making these this weekend! Finally an excuse to use my coconut syrup!

14 Christina @ The Athletarian September 7, 2012 at 4:38 pm

Coconut syrup!!! I’ve never tried that! Sounds heavenly!

15 nik September 7, 2012 at 10:33 am

ohgoodgolly…those look squealingly yumful! I may need to make them for dinner tonight! Usually I like pancakes just with fruit or blueberry jam or almond butter, but I love figs so I will have to hunt some down and give this a try. Many thanks for sharing this vegan goodness. :)

16 Christina @ The Athletarian September 7, 2012 at 4:38 pm

You’re very welcome! I hope you try it! Let me know what you think if you do!

17 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers September 7, 2012 at 10:37 am

Sounds great! I’ve only made pancakes twice, but they were so good the first time that I made the exact same recipe the second time. Perhaps I should branch out a bit… :)

18 Christina @ The Athletarian September 7, 2012 at 4:39 pm

You totally should! And then report back to me! ;)

19 Brittany @ Little b's healthy habits September 7, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Haha love the title of this blog! Those look awesome and really simple! I like putting blueberries in the microwave until they are soupy and then adding a little sweetener. It reminds me of the boysenberry syrup at IHOP which reminds me of being little :)

20 Christina @ The Athletarian September 7, 2012 at 4:39 pm

YUM! We don’t have IHOP here :( I’m going to try your blueberry technique next time. Sounds SO good!

21 Siobhan McCarthy.ca September 7, 2012 at 1:54 pm

This recipe is so easy peasy AND it’s made with oats! You know my love for pancakes so obviously I’m going to have to try this one!

Have a fabulous weekend friend!

22 Christina @ The Athletarian September 7, 2012 at 4:40 pm

I really hope you do try it!! Happy Friday!

23 Kristin @ My Mission Impossible September 7, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Okay, I think it’s finally time I hop on the fig train…I’ve avoided it long enough..they freak me out a little…but fall is here and they are popping up everywhere! This sounds delish..I’ll have to give it a shot, just picked up some liquid stevia today…glad you had a good birthday!

24 Christina @ The Athletarian September 7, 2012 at 4:41 pm

YES! Please try figs. You will be so happy you did!! Let me know what you think of them! :)

25 Ed September 7, 2012 at 3:36 pm

Looks good…may have to do as you command this weekend…;)

26 Christina @ The Athletarian September 7, 2012 at 4:41 pm

YES! You must!!!

27 Elle September 9, 2012 at 4:31 pm

This looks really good… finally found some g-f oats so I can grind them into oat flour.

28 Christina @ The Athletarian September 11, 2012 at 11:06 am

YAY!! You can totally make them now! Let me know if you do!

29 Tessa @ Amazing Asset September 9, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Ummm yes indeed that does look glorious! I have tomorrow morning off, so that would be a good time to make this.. need a bit of extra time to perfect them :) I sure do like figs, especially fig newtons! Do those count? ;)

30 Christina @ The Athletarian September 11, 2012 at 11:06 am

Ooooh please let me know if you try them! Fig Newtons totally count! ;)

31 Danielle @WorkItWearItEatIt September 9, 2012 at 9:57 pm

I’ll text you the delivery address.

32 Christina @ The Athletarian September 11, 2012 at 11:05 am

I’m waiting…

33 Lori Cipolla September 10, 2012 at 9:19 am

First I’d like to say , these look awesome and I def. need to try! I roasted figs for the first time the other day and put them with my “spiralized” zucchini ….”awesome”!! I do have a Stevia question. I have never tried the liquid drops. Are they better to use than the powder???

34 Christina @ The Athletarian September 11, 2012 at 11:05 am

Hmm I don’t think it’s better! I just had them in the back of my cupboard and haven’t used them for a while! Either would work though! I’m just not sure how much of the powder you would use. I’d start with very little just in case because it’s SO sweet!