Make this now.

So yesterday as one of my meals I ate a massive vegan pancake topped with Powercakes’ strawberry chia jam (check it out here).  I loved this pancake SO much that I made it again for breakfast today.  It is so moist and perfect that I just had to share the recipe with you.  I am actually surprised it even came out good because all of the things I come up with on my own are usually a huge fail.

Today I didn’t have time to make the chia jam but I topped my pancake with figs, unsweetened coconut, walnuts, and a drizzle of maple syrup.  My goodness, does it get any better?

Here is what you need:

1/2 cup oat flour (I just grind up my oats in my magic bullet)

1/2 tsp baking powder

1/4 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Stevia (I used 8 drops of liquid stevia)

1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of your choice – I bet coconut would be awesome!)

Mix all of your dry ingredients first, add the wet ingredients, mix, and cook on a non-stick pan!  It’s that easy!  I have a small pan that’s meant for frying eggs so I use that and it makes the perfect sized and perfectly round pancake.

Isn’t it beautiful?  So fluffy and moist!

Now go make it!

What is your favourite pancake/waffle topping?

Do you like figs??

Comments

Isabelle says

It looks soooo good! I will try that saturday morning for sure with my favorite…maple sirop of course ! Hey I’m from Quebec, Canada!! ;)

Corinne says

Coconut milk would be awesome in this. Also LOVE maple syrup, but cannot go past sugar and lemon (though maybe not on your sugar-free month!).

Figs are pretty tasty – love the dried ones with some dark chocolate (dairy-free) and almonds. Even better when they’ve all been sitting in the fridge so they taste all cold and fresh.

• 7

Corinne says

Figs + dark chocolate + almonds = heavenly. My mum got me on this combination a while ago, and I have it as every few days minimum (sometimes daily!).

The sugar and lemon go best with thin pancakes or crepes. Sprinkle castor (fine) sugar and then top with lemon juice. It forms an easy lemon glaze on the crepe/pancake. It’s just so good.. I think I’ll make some tomorrow!

ohgoodgolly…those look squealingly yumful! I may need to make them for dinner tonight! Usually I like pancakes just with fruit or blueberry jam or almond butter, but I love figs so I will have to hunt some down and give this a try. Many thanks for sharing this vegan goodness. :)

Okay, I think it’s finally time I hop on the fig train…I’ve avoided it long enough..they freak me out a little…but fall is here and they are popping up everywhere! This sounds delish..I’ll have to give it a shot, just picked up some liquid stevia today…glad you had a good birthday!

Ummm yes indeed that does look glorious! I have tomorrow morning off, so that would be a good time to make this.. need a bit of extra time to perfect them :) I sure do like figs, especially fig newtons! Do those count? ;)

First I’d like to say , these look awesome and I def. need to try! I roasted figs for the first time the other day and put them with my “spiralized” zucchini ….”awesome”!! I do have a Stevia question. I have never tried the liquid drops. Are they better to use than the powder???

• 34

Hmm I don’t think it’s better! I just had them in the back of my cupboard and haven’t used them for a while! Either would work though! I’m just not sure how much of the powder you would use. I’d start with very little just in case because it’s SO sweet!

Trackbacks