It’s ooey, gooey, and delicious.

by Christina @ The Athletarian on September 2, 2012

First off, I would like to say THANK YOU to each and every one of your for my birthday wishes on Instagram and Facebook yesterday!  I was overwhelmed with happiness and gratitude for all of the amazing friends I have.  I received so many beautiful comments and compliments that left me with a perma-smile all day long.

You know what else game me a smile?  This:

I talked about how I wanted to make Tosca’s Ooey Gooey Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Pudding and man, am I ever glad I did.  This is heavenly.  And it’s clean.  And so so easy to make.  If there was any recipe to convince you that you need The Eat Clean Diet Vegetarian Cookbook, this is it.  I’m not even saying this because I’m an ECD Ambassador and in love with Tosca.  I am saying this because this is one of the greatest things I have ever made.  You need it in your life.  Now.

Other things that made me smile:

Yes, Princeton is wearing a bow tie!  I got it from The Hydrant.  Lyndsay is amazing and has a gazillion colours and patterns to choose from.  I called her on Friday and told her I needed it by the next day.  She had it done within a few hours.  The coolest part?  The bow slips off and the collar can be worn on its own.  He looked so fancy.  And no, we weren’t matching. My top was orange, his bow was red.  The lighting just made our colours look very similar!

The only regret I have about yesterday is that I didn’t take enough pictures!!  There were 10 of us and and 95% of the pictures on my camera were of my dog or bread pudding.  No variety.  I am ashamed but I have learned my lesson.

Oh yeah, and STRIKE SUGAR is in FULL FORCE today!  Read here and here for details and jump on board!

What are your plans for the rest of the long weekend?

Do you like to bake?

1 Nadège September 2, 2012 at 9:28 am

miss your birthday ! shame on me …. it’s never too late so “Bon Anniversaire !!!!” ;)
you look really pretty with that coral top , and the recipe as well !!! haha :D

2 Christina @ The Athletarian September 2, 2012 at 9:33 am

No worries, girl!! Merci beaucoup!! Hope you’re having a great weekend! :)

3 Andrea@ Vegvacious September 2, 2012 at 9:30 am

So glad you had a good day!!! I love your outfit and the bowtie is to die for. I wonder if she makes big enough ones for a rotti?! I’m gonna have to check it out!!

4 Christina @ The Athletarian September 2, 2012 at 9:34 am

Thank you so much, Andrea! She makes all kinds of sizes! Check out her site. It would look so cute on your rotti!

5 Brittany September 2, 2012 at 9:31 am

Love , love , love your skirt!!! Where is it from? Happy belated birthday, looks like you had an amazing time!!!

6 Christina @ The Athletarian September 2, 2012 at 9:35 am

Thanks a lot, Brittany! My skirt is from Banana Republic. I got it at the end of spring so I don’t know if they’ll still have it but ya never know! ;)

7 Julie September 2, 2012 at 9:48 am

Happy Birthday!!!! I was out of town. I just said my favorite people have birthdays in September….
I Need to get that book, I want that recipe. It looks so good & my birthday is coming up too. I want that for my birthday treat :)

8 Christina @ The Athletarian September 2, 2012 at 10:30 am

Aw, thanks so much, Julie!!! You are too nice! The bread pudding really is the best birthday treat! Just don’t try putting candles in it as soon as it comes out of the oven. I tried and the candles melted!! Hahaha whoops!

9 Julie September 7, 2012 at 4:51 pm

I just got this book from the library!!! Whoop!!! Going to try this recipe & some others. Looks like a great book. I think I’ll ask for it for my birthday.

10 Siobhan @ SiobhanMcCarthy.ca September 2, 2012 at 10:17 am

So glad you had an awesome birthday! LOVE lace skirts and Princeton’s bow tie is too adorable!

I’m hoping for a relaxing day today and I’m heading to The Ex tomorrow!

11 Christina @ The Athletarian September 2, 2012 at 10:31 am

Thanks, Siobhan! I hope you have a great time at The Ex! I have been hearing so much about the deep fried food truck! I hope you post pics if you try anything from there haha!

12 Siobhan @ SiobhanMcCarthy.ca September 2, 2012 at 10:51 am

That food kind of repulses me but I will try it! haha

13 Alexandra September 2, 2012 at 10:59 am

Aww I’m so glad you had such a fun bday!!! You look absolutely stunning my friend :)

14 Christina @ The Athletarian September 2, 2012 at 11:06 am

Thanks so much, girl!! It was a great day! :)

15 Soni September 2, 2012 at 11:05 am

Happy belated birthday Christina! :)

16 Christina @ The Athletarian September 2, 2012 at 11:06 am

Thanks, Soni!!!!! <3

17 Heather September 2, 2012 at 11:48 am

We almost share a birthday! (mine is Aug 31) I should have known you are a fellow virgo! I hope you had a great day :) I will have to try that recipe soon.

18 Christina @ The Athletarian September 3, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Happy belated birthday, Heather!! I hope you had an amazing weekend celebrating!

19 Felicia September 2, 2012 at 12:33 pm

you look beautiful!! glad you had a great day !

20 Christina @ The Athletarian September 3, 2012 at 10:11 pm

Thanks so much, Felicia!!

21 Kimberly September 2, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Happy belated birthday! Love the skirt and count me in!

22 Christina @ The Athletarian September 3, 2012 at 10:12 pm

WOOHOO!! Thank you, Kimberly!! :)

23 Brooke @ Pretty In Protein September 2, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Love your skirt!!! Happy Birthday!! Enjoy that lululemon gift card, I’m sure it’ll go fast:))

24 Christina @ The Athletarian September 3, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Thanks, Brooke!! The gift card balance is already at $0!!! WHOOPS!

25 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile September 2, 2012 at 4:18 pm

You look gorgeous! So happy you had a wonderful birthday :) I love Princeton.

26 Christina @ The Athletarian September 3, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Thanks, Brittany! He loves you back! ;)

27 Lynn September 2, 2012 at 7:21 pm

Happy birthday. What a handsome little man with the bow tie. I am loving your skirt soooo pretty.

28 Christina @ The Athletarian September 3, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Thank you for the birthday wishes, Lynn! I hope you had a great weekend!

29 Sarah @ Feeeding the Brain and Body September 2, 2012 at 8:25 pm

That looks like some delicious bread pudding! Anything that is ooey gooey (and edible) sounds tasty to me :) Love the pictures, that is a very cute outfit!

30 Christina @ The Athletarian September 3, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Thank you, Sarah! I have some bread pudding left over! Want to come over?! ;)

31 Carrie Kennedy September 2, 2012 at 8:52 pm

I made the Ooey Gooey Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Pudding also today for my Mom’s birthday…same day as you! Happy Birthday! It was super easy and delish…I will be making that one again for sure!!!! My dad had 2 helpings!

32 Christina @ The Athletarian September 3, 2012 at 10:15 pm

WHAT?!?! How COOL is that?! Thank you and happy birthday to your mom too!

33 Ali Mc September 2, 2012 at 9:51 pm

love your outfit! glad you had a good time :)

34 Christina @ The Athletarian September 3, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Thanks so much, Ali!! xoxox

35 Krysten Siba Bishop (@darwinianfail) September 3, 2012 at 6:03 pm

You look so happy and so adorable! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

36 Christina @ The Athletarian September 3, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Thank you, Krysten!! It was a great day! :)

37 Sandy September 3, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Looks like your birthday was great from the big smile on your face! I knew that Lululemon would be one of your gifts! I haven’t been there in a while but I have been eyeing some stuff online. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

38 Christina @ The Athletarian September 3, 2012 at 10:16 pm

Oooooooh Sandy you don’t even know!! The stuff is SO nice right now!! I just went today!! Thanks so much for the birthday wishes and congrats again on your half! YOU ROCK!

39 Meghan September 3, 2012 at 7:44 pm

Happy Birthday!!! Princeton just seems to get more adorable, especially with a bow tie on. I’m dying from an overload of cute here. And don’t even get me started on your skirt. It’s amazing! Plus, even if you weren’t trying to match Princeton’s new accessory, you guys look great in the pictures together!

40 Christina @ The Athletarian September 3, 2012 at 10:17 pm

Hahaha awww you are so nice!! Princeton and I say thank you! I hope you had a great weekend, Meghan!!

41 Meg September 3, 2012 at 9:51 pm

You are just the cutest! I love all of these pictures! Don’t feel bad for not taking enough pictures, love! I think that means you were living in the moment and soaking it all in! Memories are good too <3

Happy birthday AGAIN :)

I love you

42 Christina @ The Athletarian September 3, 2012 at 10:18 pm

Thank you, my amazing friend!! I hope your drive went well and that you are having the best time ever with your parents! I love you so so SO much!! xoxo

43 Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner September 4, 2012 at 8:45 am

So glad you had a great birthday celebration! Princeton is absolutely adorable. If I could get one of my cats to sit still long enough to put a bowtie on them, I would!!!

44 Sophie @ Love Live & Learn September 4, 2012 at 9:29 am

Happy belated birthday!! I hope you had a fantastic time, it sounds like you had a great day :-) That Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Pudding looks amazing!

45 Sherry September 4, 2012 at 9:46 am

Happy belated Birthday! I love your FB posts! Would you be able to share the ooey gooey recipe? Maybe just a tease to entice us to buy the book???

46 Kristin @ My Mission Impossible September 7, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Princeton could not possibly be any cuter. I think you’ve sold me on that recipe! Glad you had such a great birthday, you look really happy! xo

47 Lindsay @ The Hydrant September 10, 2012 at 8:39 pm

I’m so happy to hear he was such a hit.
He is a very handsome little man!