My team and my commitment

So my best friend Quinton (he doesn’t know we’re best friends yet but he’ll find out today) got a copy of our team photo from Tough Mudder.  I know that I posted the pictures right after and you’re probably sick of hearing/reading about me talking about it but I just wanted to show you the size of our team.  We got a lot of individual shots but you couldn’t really tell how big of a group we were and how much more awesome it made the animal print pants look when we were all together.

If that’s not the best looking team in the world, I don’t know what is!  I wish I could go back in time and do that race all over again.  It really was the people that made it the best time ever.

Okay before I start getting all sappy and tell you one thing I love about each of my teammates, let’s talk serious business.  I was reading Samantha’s blog the other day and noticed she was going to spend the next two months focusing on Insanity and running.  Since I’m running a half on October 14th, I’ve got the running down but thought I’d join her in an Insanity challenge.  I have been doing the workouts here and there but haven’t been following the schedule (I just kind of used it for cross training).

Today was day two and it was killer.  I don’t know how this is going to pan out with my running but I really want to complete the program from start to finish.  The workouts are only 40-45 minutes so it is definitely feasible to do both, especially since most of my runs are only 3-6 miles (with the exception of one long run a week).  We are keeping each other accountable on Instagram so it should be fun!! :)  Here’s to committing 60 days to Shaun T!

Don’t forget to enter my giveaway!  It ends tomorrow!

Do you have any fitness-realted goals for the moth of September?

Have you ever tried Insanity or any other fitness DVDs?

Comments

Them is some big muscles my friend. I’ve done some P90x and it always kicks my butt.

Your Tough Mudder team looks awesome. That sounds like such a fun race! I really want to do one of those.

Your group picture is so awesome – I didn’t realize there were so MANY of you guys on the team!
    I haven’t done Insanity before, but I tried P90X for a while, which I think is pretty similar. And man, that was intense! Good luck!

Jaime Gee says

Insanity is great BUT in the second stage of it you move up to the Max session’s which are 60minutes long. You may think, what’s another 20minutes but my lord you don’t half notice it! You are uber fit though so should be fine with your running and Insanity. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for your Instagram updates :o)

Love the animal print pants!!!! Tough Mudder looks so awesome. I have to do one someday.
    For Sept. I am increasing my weekly mileage while training for a half in early Oct. and I am adding more ST to my week. All in addition to teaching another Zumba class. Busy, busy :)

No specific goals for September, just sticking to the plan of continuing my running streak and finishing 30-Day Shred. I love workout DVDs, they are fun. I have a ton of FIRM DVDs and P90X, which I have yet to do… Good luck with Insanity.

I was sitting on the couch yesterday morning (nursing a fullbody hangover) and watched the Insanity infomercial (yet again) on TV. I have always been curious about it and how people fit that into their lives when training for something else (training for 2 halfs).

Looking lean and mean (in good way!) and strong btw :)

Ummm Hello freaking gorgeous and completely ripped Christina! You look AMAZING in that picture. Wow, wow, wow girl you are such an awesome example to so many. Good luck with the Insanity challenge. :D

Looks like Tough Mudder was great times! Q on the Move lol

I haven’t tried Insanity, but a couple of my friends have and they got great results from it.