My team and my commitment

by Christina @ The Athletarian on August 28, 2012

So my best friend Quinton (he doesn’t know we’re best friends yet but he’ll find out today) got a copy of our team photo from Tough Mudder.  I know that I posted the pictures right after and you’re probably sick of hearing/reading about me talking about it but I just wanted to show you the size of our team.  We got a lot of individual shots but you couldn’t really tell how big of a group we were and how much more awesome it made the animal print pants look when we were all together.

If that’s not the best looking team in the world, I don’t know what is!  I wish I could go back in time and do that race all over again.  It really was the people that made it the best time ever.

Okay before I start getting all sappy and tell you one thing I love about each of my teammates, let’s talk serious business.  I was reading Samantha’s blog the other day and noticed she was going to spend the next two months focusing on Insanity and running.  Since I’m running a half on October 14th, I’ve got the running down but thought I’d join her in an Insanity challenge.  I have been doing the workouts here and there but haven’t been following the schedule (I just kind of used it for cross training).

Today was day two and it was killer.  I don’t know how this is going to pan out with my running but I really want to complete the program from start to finish.  The workouts are only 40-45 minutes so it is definitely feasible to do both, especially since most of my runs are only 3-6 miles (with the exception of one long run a week).  We are keeping each other accountable on Instagram so it should be fun!! :)  Here’s to committing 60 days to Shaun T!

Don’t forget to enter my giveaway!  It ends tomorrow!

Do you have any fitness-realted goals for the moth of September?

Have you ever tried Insanity or any other fitness DVDs?

1 Ed August 28, 2012 at 6:20 pm

Nice gun! Don’t point that my direction!

2 Christina @ The Athletarian August 29, 2012 at 12:48 pm

Hahaha thank, Ed! Your comments always make me smile!

3 Cory Reese August 28, 2012 at 6:48 pm

Them is some big muscles my friend. I’ve done some P90x and it always kicks my butt.

Your Tough Mudder team looks awesome. That sounds like such a fun race! I really want to do one of those.

4 Christina @ The Athletarian August 29, 2012 at 12:49 pm

I’ve heard good things about P90X!! You should totally do a Tough Mudder. I bet you would get some pretty awesome shots since you are the king of pictures!

5 Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner August 28, 2012 at 11:29 pm

Your group picture is so awesome – I didn’t realize there were so MANY of you guys on the team!
I haven’t done Insanity before, but I tried P90X for a while, which I think is pretty similar. And man, that was intense! Good luck!

6 Christina @ The Athletarian August 29, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Yes! There were so many of us! The more, the merrier for that kind of a race! We had so many laughs :)

7 Q August 29, 2012 at 7:36 am

put those away before someone gets hurt.

8 Christina @ The Athletarian August 29, 2012 at 12:50 pm

Hahaha I am pretty sure you could take anyone down in an instant with your guns, Q!

9 Jaime Gee August 29, 2012 at 8:13 am

Insanity is great BUT in the second stage of it you move up to the Max session’s which are 60minutes long. You may think, what’s another 20minutes but my lord you don’t half notice it! You are uber fit though so should be fine with your running and Insanity. I’ll keep my eyes peeled for your Instagram updates :o )

10 Christina @ The Athletarian August 29, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Haha oh boy. I guess I’ve got some intensity coming my way!! This should be interesting. What is your Instagram name??

11 Jaime Gee August 29, 2012 at 12:55 pm

You sure do! But at least Shaun T is gorgeous so you have some eye candy to get you through ;o) My Instagram name is jaime_gee x

12 Christina @ The Athletarian August 29, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Just sent you a request ;)

13 Q August 29, 2012 at 8:15 am

…and I knew. I knew all along. BFF’s.

14 Christina @ The Athletarian August 29, 2012 at 12:51 pm

for life, yo.

15 Alma August 29, 2012 at 8:35 am

Awesome!!!

16 Christina @ The Athletarian August 29, 2012 at 12:52 pm

You’re doing it next year!

17 Em August 29, 2012 at 8:35 am

Love the animal print pants!!!! Tough Mudder looks so awesome. I have to do one someday.
For Sept. I am increasing my weekly mileage while training for a half in early Oct. and I am adding more ST to my week. All in addition to teaching another Zumba class. Busy, busy :)

18 Christina @ The Athletarian August 29, 2012 at 12:52 pm

I have a half in October too! Mine is on the 14th. How about you??

19 Em August 29, 2012 at 1:47 pm

October 7th!!

20 Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny jeans August 29, 2012 at 9:34 am

Woohoooo!!!! I am sooooo friggin’ sore today which is AWESOME!!!! :)

21 Christina @ The Athletarian August 29, 2012 at 12:53 pm

I KNOW! My legs are killing me! I ran my three miles this morning but I am scared to do Insanity later! NOTHING will stop me though. Shaun T, here I come!

22 Siobhan McCarthy.ca August 29, 2012 at 10:15 am

Your team is massive and I love it! Insanity looks SO intense! I’ve never tried it but I can feel the burn just watching the infomercials!

23 Christina @ The Athletarian August 29, 2012 at 12:54 pm

I know!! The infomercials get me so pumped up!

24 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile August 29, 2012 at 10:16 am

I love that we started insanity around the same time. I have a love/hate relationship with Shaun T ;)

25 Christina @ The Athletarian August 29, 2012 at 12:54 pm

SAME! What week/day are you on??

26 Cara D August 29, 2012 at 10:51 am

I’m doing a plank a day challenge!

27 Christina @ The Athletarian August 29, 2012 at 12:54 pm

That’s awesome!! SO many people on Instagram are doing that. I don’t even think I could last 30 seconds!

28 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers August 29, 2012 at 10:54 am

Goodness – I forgot how buff you are! :) Insanity is right! haha

29 Christina @ The Athletarian August 29, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Haha thanks, Tiff!! You are too nice :)

30 Nicole August 29, 2012 at 11:41 am

No specific goals for September, just sticking to the plan of continuing my running streak and finishing 30-Day Shred. I love workout DVDs, they are fun. I have a ton of FIRM DVDs and P90X, which I have yet to do… Good luck with Insanity.

31 Christina @ The Athletarian August 29, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Ooooh good luck with that! I heard the 30-Day Shred is amazing!!

32 Sonia the Mexigarian August 29, 2012 at 11:56 am

I was sitting on the couch yesterday morning (nursing a fullbody hangover) and watched the Insanity infomercial (yet again) on TV. I have always been curious about it and how people fit that into their lives when training for something else (training for 2 halfs).

Looking lean and mean (in good way!) and strong btw :)

33 Christina @ The Athletarian August 29, 2012 at 12:56 pm

Yeah, I don’t know how it’s going to work. I’m going to try my best to balance the two!

Thanks, Sonia!

34 Rachelle August 29, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Ummm Hello freaking gorgeous and completely ripped Christina! You look AMAZING in that picture. Wow, wow, wow girl you are such an awesome example to so many. Good luck with the Insanity challenge. :D

35 Christina @ The Athletarian August 29, 2012 at 12:57 pm

Rachelle!!! I LOVE YOU and thank you so much for the comment. I hope you’re having an amazing summer, enjoying running and spending time with your family! :)

36 Nelly August 29, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Looks like Tough Mudder was great times! Q on the Move lol

I haven’t tried Insanity, but a couple of my friends have and they got great results from it.

37 Christina @ The Athletarian August 29, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Haha Q on the Move. That guy is the best. Isn’t it crazy and weird how we are now friends? He’s such a nice guy!

38 Katey C. August 29, 2012 at 2:07 pm

I love Insanity! I’m almost done with the 60 days! I loved it so much that I became a Beachbody Coach.

39 lindsay August 29, 2012 at 2:46 pm

way to show the guns! keep them loaded. hehe. I love your strength, inside and out!

40 Coco @ 358JewelryShop August 30, 2012 at 11:15 am

Omg I did a race just like the tough mudder in July. IT WAS SOOOO FUN!!!! It was the funnest race I’ve ever done.

41 Meg September 1, 2012 at 1:20 am

I feel so bad I am just reading this now :( I wish I would have given you a high five for this :’( Sorry bestie