THE FOOD!

I didn’t want to contaminate my last post with pictures of food because dinner was with such beautiful people and I didn’t want you to get distracted by the yumminess that is about to follow.  Like I said, me and the ECD team went to e11even restaurant on Saturday evening and the food was phenomenal.  We had a choice of appetizer, main, and dessert.

For my appetizer I went with the smoked tomato soup.  Just the sound of it made my mouth water.  It smelled like bacon but tasted like tomatoes if that makes any sense.  I could have eaten a swimming pool full of this stuff.

For my main I got the pasta primavera.  I was a bit skeptical because I am never impressed by the pasta in restaurants.  Maybe it’s because my mom is Italian and no one can really trump the homemade tomato sauce.  It was the only vegetarian dish on the menu though so I went with it and crossed my fingers.  To my surprise, this was one of the best pasta dishes I have ever had (besides my mom’s and grandmother’s).  The sauce was perfect and there were beautifully cooked vegetables in the mix.

Finally…DESSERT!  We had the choice of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting or a warm brownie with vanilla ice cream.  I ordered the carrot cake and Theresa ordered the brownie.  Fortunately for me, Theresa was in photo shoot mode so she couldn’t eat her dessert!  Little did I know, my stomach would tell me to stop eating after two bites of each dessert.  I was so disappointed in myself.  The pasta took up all of the room!

I could have been at dinner with the worst people in the world and still been in heaven, that’s how good the food was.  Lucky for me, I was with the BEST people in the world so I was on cloud nine the entire time.

If you had to choose between salmon, chicken, or pasta, which would you pick?

Carrot cake or brownie?

Comments

That looks really tasty! I think I may be getting a smoker for my birthday and I never thought of smoking tomatoes—hmm gots me thinking!

Salmon every time.

And I love brownies but haven’t found a good gluten free one yet! But I shall not give up. No Pudge brownies from TJs have always been my favorite and now I don’t have them. Yikes, I have a cupboard full of them!

That is a hard one for me. A part of me wants to pick salmon cause man do I love me some salmon. But I am Italian and I love me some pasta so I don’t know!!!

Carrot Cake all the way. In fact my shower cake was a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Oh yes!

That tomato soup looks amazing! Is that sour cream in there too?

Angela says

I probably would have gone with salmon and the brownie. Though it would depend on my mood and how much fish I’d eaten during the week. The brownie is a no brainer for me, I’m a chocolate fiend.

SALMON obvi ;) hahahhaha I am sure you knew I would say that, no???? ;) I am the one who got you to eat seafood way back when remember?? ;)

love u like a sister

ooh man, I would have wanted to be with you guys!! the food looks yummy! i would have also gone with the carrot cake! I didnt know you were italian!!! ciao bella ..buon giorno..spaghettii.. pizza …tortellini (haha) .. i am waiting for a tough mudder recap though! pretty please?