THE FOOD!

by Christina @ The Athletarian on August 22, 2012

I didn’t want to contaminate my last post with pictures of food because dinner was with such beautiful people and I didn’t want you to get distracted by the yumminess that is about to follow.  Like I said, me and the ECD team went to e11even restaurant on Saturday evening and the food was phenomenal.  We had a choice of appetizer, main, and dessert.

For my appetizer I went with the smoked tomato soup.  Just the sound of it made my mouth water.  It smelled like bacon but tasted like tomatoes if that makes any sense.  I could have eaten a swimming pool full of this stuff.

For my main I got the pasta primavera.  I was a bit skeptical because I am never impressed by the pasta in restaurants.  Maybe it’s because my mom is Italian and no one can really trump the homemade tomato sauce.  It was the only vegetarian dish on the menu though so I went with it and crossed my fingers.  To my surprise, this was one of the best pasta dishes I have ever had (besides my mom’s and grandmother’s).  The sauce was perfect and there were beautifully cooked vegetables in the mix.

Finally…DESSERT!  We had the choice of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting or a warm brownie with vanilla ice cream.  I ordered the carrot cake and Theresa ordered the brownie.  Fortunately for me, Theresa was in photo shoot mode so she couldn’t eat her dessert!  Little did I know, my stomach would tell me to stop eating after two bites of each dessert.  I was so disappointed in myself.  The pasta took up all of the room!

I could have been at dinner with the worst people in the world and still been in heaven, that’s how good the food was.  Lucky for me, I was with the BEST people in the world so I was on cloud nine the entire time.

If you had to choose between salmon, chicken, or pasta, which would you pick?

Carrot cake or brownie?

1 Boston Bound Brunette August 22, 2012 at 1:04 pm

I love pasta so that’s an easy one! I also love dessert but I am more of a brownie person. I like that the pasta had veggies in the middle too. Glad you had a great time.

2 Ashley @ Sweat for Sweets August 22, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Salmon + brownie :)

3 Jenn @ Run It My Way August 22, 2012 at 1:45 pm

YUMM!!!! Haha now I’m hungry after reading this! :) I want to try to make my own version of smoked tomato soup (I have no idea how yet!) but it sounds delicious!

4 Ed August 22, 2012 at 2:20 pm

That looks really tasty! I think I may be getting a smoker for my birthday and I never thought of smoking tomatoes—hmm gots me thinking!

5 Alexandra August 22, 2012 at 3:22 pm

DANGGGGG :D So much deliciousness! I gotta say, it’s pretty hard to top the combo of a warm brownie and cold ice cream mmmm

6 Julia @ Pain, Pride, Perseverance August 22, 2012 at 4:00 pm

i dont think i could possibly choose between the desserts!!! they look equally amazing! and that soup…i can almost imagine what it smells like! YUMMY!!!!

7 Elle August 22, 2012 at 8:26 pm

Salmon every time.

And I love brownies but haven’t found a good gluten free one yet! But I shall not give up. No Pudge brownies from TJs have always been my favorite and now I don’t have them. Yikes, I have a cupboard full of them!

8 Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny jeans August 23, 2012 at 9:23 am

Chicken..99% of the time. Sometimes I girl needs a little rotini and homemade sauce in her life.

Brownie…every damn time. If I’m enjoying dessert I don’t even want to think about vegetables at the same time :)

9 Tink August 23, 2012 at 10:01 am

Those desserts look so yummy!

10 Holly August 23, 2012 at 11:09 am

That is a hard one for me. A part of me wants to pick salmon cause man do I love me some salmon. But I am Italian and I love me some pasta so I don’t know!!!

Carrot Cake all the way. In fact my shower cake was a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Oh yes!

That tomato soup looks amazing! Is that sour cream in there too?

11 Angela August 23, 2012 at 12:04 pm

I probably would have gone with salmon and the brownie. Though it would depend on my mood and how much fish I’d eaten during the week. The brownie is a no brainer for me, I’m a chocolate fiend.

12 lindsay August 23, 2012 at 2:32 pm

LOL, now thats a good place to eat. When you don’t even care who’s there, the food is that GOOD!

13 Danielle @WorkItWearItEatIt August 23, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Okay that carrot cake? Can’t even handle.

14 Missy August 23, 2012 at 8:19 pm

Yum Yum Yum! That’s what I say about this post!

P.S. I tagged you in my blogpost today!

15 Meg August 24, 2012 at 12:43 am

SALMON obvi ;) hahahhaha I am sure you knew I would say that, no???? ;) I am the one who got you to eat seafood way back when remember?? ;)

love u like a sister

16 Doris @ vanillacocoberry August 24, 2012 at 6:17 am

ooh man, I would have wanted to be with you guys!! the food looks yummy! i would have also gone with the carrot cake! I didnt know you were italian!!! ciao bella ..buon giorno..spaghettii.. pizza …tortellini (haha) .. i am waiting for a tough mudder recap though! pretty please?

17 GiGi Eats Celebrities September 7, 2012 at 12:45 am

Salmon EVERY TIME! I adore fish so much, I never really look at anything else on the menu – only the seafood dishes! :)