This is how we roll…

by Christina @ The Athletarian on August 19, 2012

…animal print pants outta control.

This weekend was epic.  These are just a few of my favourite photos from Saturday’s Tough Mudder (thank goodness for waterproof cameras!).  I had the time of my life and could not have asked for a more supportive, motivating, and entertaining team.  I am so lucky to have such amazing people in my life!

I hope your weekend was just as fabulous!  Did anyone run any races or participate in any events?!

1 Jenny @ The Little JBird August 19, 2012 at 10:20 pm

You guys looked awesome! Glad you had fun! :)

2 Nancy August 19, 2012 at 10:21 pm

O,g. Crawling through a secluded dirt tunnel!? How scary! Lol seriously.

3 Krysten Siba Bishop (@darwinianfail) August 19, 2012 at 10:26 pm

LOVE THESE PICS!! You guys look awesome!

4 Pammie August 19, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Absolutely FANTASTIC!

Great job, looks like you had a BLAST!! Such a cute couple!!

5 Gemma August 19, 2012 at 10:35 pm

Congrats on finishing!!! I totally want to do it next year!! Glad you had a blast :)

6 Scott @ Your Inner Skinny August 19, 2012 at 11:49 pm

Looks like a blast! I did the Warrior Dash two weeks ago in Vancouver. I want to do Tough Mudder next summer!

7 Sandy August 20, 2012 at 12:12 am

Looks like you had a blast! No races for me this weekend but I have a half coming up in two weeks and I am getting nervous already! Love the pictures!

8 Jessie August 20, 2012 at 1:50 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE!! All your pictures turned out great girl! Glad y’all had such an awesome time!

9 Felicia August 20, 2012 at 7:34 am

freaking awesome!!

10 Sam August 20, 2012 at 7:54 am

Haha those pictures are awesome! The best is Dean sliding down the mud into the water, total action shot! Glad that you had fun! I did the Midsummer Night’s 30K. The way my legs feel today I wish that I’d have done TM instead. LOL

11 Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner August 20, 2012 at 9:16 am

This looks like so much fun – glad you enjoyed yourself! Dean totally looks like Zoolander crawling through that cave pic, haha. So model-esque!

12 Mallory August 20, 2012 at 9:35 am

Looks like so much fun!! I love all the pictures! We did our first sprint triathlon this weekend! It was a blast!

13 Tink August 20, 2012 at 9:57 am

Looks like an awesome time!

14 Beth @ RUNNING around my kitchen August 20, 2012 at 11:39 am

You guys are awesome – love the themed outfits :)

15 Christy @My Dirt Road Anthem August 20, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Great pictures! Looks like you all had a great time. Love all the great animal print pants.

16 Meghan Rene August 20, 2012 at 3:29 pm

Mud hottie!!!! Nice job. I am hoping to do one of these next summer. Was it easier than youthought it would be??

17 Christina @ The Athletarian August 29, 2012 at 3:40 pm

It wasn’t easy, but it wasn’t as bad as I anticipated. It’s a really fun time, especially because of the people I was with. We didn’t try to race it. We just laughed and crawled through the entire course together. You should totally do one!

18 Nelly August 20, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Great pics! Looks like a ton of fun! And cool that you hang out with Q on the Move!

19 Doris @ vanillacocoberry August 21, 2012 at 12:23 am

wow i totally love the pics! I wish I had brought my camera to my TM!!!! we have like no pictures except for a starting and ending one! bohooo

20 Missy August 21, 2012 at 8:33 am

These pictures are awesome! Looks like yall had a great time even though I am sure it was hard as hell!!! Congratulations!

21 Siobhan @ SiobhanMcCarthy.ca August 21, 2012 at 2:32 pm

I love your pictures!! Bringing a waterproof camera was definitely key!

22 Electra @ Vanilla Bean Lean August 21, 2012 at 7:11 pm

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING! Seriously killer, I LOVE it!!!! Such fun animal prints and the race looks like sooo muchhh fun. :-D

23 Jen Laceda | Tartine and Apron Strings August 22, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Awesome!!!

24 Q August 29, 2012 at 7:32 am

OMG!!! My cheeks hurt from smiling through these pics. Seriously. Amazing how each of these pics immediately brings back the exact moment that I can live through again and again.

LOL @ Vanessa’s Zoolander comment…so true. ..no amount of mud, ice or electric shocks could interrupt his camera awareness…that boy knows where the lenses are at all times.

25 Carrie @ Lift Eat Repeat August 29, 2012 at 3:16 pm

I’m doing one in October- what would you say was the hardest part? I’m nervous excited for it!

26 Christina @ The Athletarian August 29, 2012 at 3:38 pm

I’d actually say the HILLS were the hardest! I thought I would have a really hard time with the obstacles but really if you can’t do them, you can either walk around them or fall in water. I attempted all of them but fell in the water when I tried the monkey bars and the rings. It’s okay though because you get the mud washed off you ;) The TM here was at a ski resort so we had to run up and down so many ski hills throughout the course. No one was even running, that’s how steep them were! The obstacles are really fun and if you’re doing it with a team you guys will have a blast!