Ready as I’ll ever be

Two posts in one day!  Things are getting crayyyhayyzyyy!  Dean and I had so many errands to run today and guess what we ended up with?  A pair of $5 gloves from Home Depot for Dean to wear during tomorrow’s Tough Mudder and two foot long subs from Subway.  Carb loading at it’s finest.

There’s nothing like eating a sandwich the size of your femur.  We had to sit outside in the grass because we had Princeton with us and he tried to steal Dean’s sub.  He doesn’t like veggies so he had no interest in mine.  Score.

We stopped by Dean’s bother’s house and I was able to get some of the photos from yesterday’s little photo shoot which I posted earlier today.  Alex was also assembling some new furniture and made Dean and I this lovely work of art out of cardboard:

We are so ready for tomorrow.  Not.

I came home and packed up all of my things because I have to be up at 3:30am and the last thing I want is to be scrambling around before my eyelids even open trying to find things I need.

Race clothes, clean clothes to change into post-race, a bandana to shield my face while running through fire, UA football gloves with rubber on one side to (hopefully) help with some of the obstacles, fuel, an old pair of Asics that I can trash after the race, flip flops for post-race, and wallet for obvious reasons.  Quinton still has my animal print pants that I posted here which I will have to put on when I meet him in the morning.  They are one size fits all so I really hope they fit.

Oh yeah, Dean is packed too:

Men are so simple.

Here goes nothing!!!  I hope I come back alive to share my experience with you! :)

Comments

Vanessa says

Hahaha Dean’s “packed bag” made me laugh pretty hard. Guys really are so simple!

Good luck tomorrow girl! I am sure you will do great and have a blast!

Vanessa

Erin says

You truly don’t need the bandana. You might in fact lose it before you even get there. You jump over logs, most of which flames are like knee height. None are even near your head. The rest of your list looks good!
    You’ll be fine! Don’t over stress!

I wore gloves for the TM and they were FANTASTIC! Just don’t ever try to take them off during the race, no matter how much mud feels like is in them. You’ll never get them back on, they’ll be so soaking wet.

• 5

Ditto to the bandana! Mine fell off during the first water obstacle and I never saw it again :) I don’t remember if your course has monkey bars, but for ours, the only people that made it across the bars were the ones who took the gloves off– everyone else slipped off because the gloves were so wet and muddy :)

Good luck! You’re going to do great!!!

• 8

I hope so too, Sandy!! Thanks so much for all of your support lately. It means so much to me! I hope you are doing amazing and I can’t wait to catch up on your adventures and training after all of this madness is over!! Have a great weekend!

Julie says

Good luck!! You can do this!!!
    Can’t wait to hear about it. I am super nervous to do the Dirty Girl Mud Run.

Tough Mudders terrify me! Good for you guys. You are just like me with the packing and I got those same gloves from Home Depot for my GORUCK. Good luck!