Under construction and a new pair of shoes

To distract myself from the fact that Tough Mudder is just a few days away, I went shopping on Monday.  Kidding.  It wasn’t to distract myself, I seriously needed a new pair of running shoes.  I have always been an Asics girl.  I went through three pairs of the exact same shoes and then all of a sudden they have started to hurt.  I decided it was time to switch to Mizunos after stealing my mom’s and falling in love with them.  These are the ones that I got:

I thought they were a bit wild for me at first but as soon as I tried them on I knew I had to give them a shot.  They are so comfortable and super light.  I bought them at The Running Room and they told me even if I run in them (indoors) and decide they aren’t the right shoes for me I could still bring them back.  How could I go wrong??  I tried them out today and they felt fantastic.  Mind you I only had 2.5 miles on my schedule for today so I am hoping they feel just as good on my next long run.

My blog is going to be under construction soon.  For all of you bloggers out there, I finally bought the Thesis theme and have no idea what I am doing.  It took me hours to figure out how to upload it onto my blog and now I have to learn how to make the switch without losing all of my content, tabs, sidebar images, etc.  If you have the Thesis theme and know what you’re doing, PLEASE HELP ME!  I will send you virtual hugs.  Lots of them.

Also, if any of you know awesome people who design blog banners/headers, let me know!  I want to switch mine up soon.  Can you tell I get bored of things easily??

What kind of shoes do you run/workout in?

What did you have for lunch?

Comments

Cara D says

I love Mizunos! I have the Wave Rider right now and mine are accented with purple :) I love that they are so light!

Angela says

I love my Mizunos and I need a new pair, I LOVE yours! Lunch was Tuscon -style tuna salad and a Greek yogurt. Now time for more water.

I just got two pairs of Mizunos a few weeks ago and I’m still undecided – but I do love the colors at least! I don’t even know what the Thesis theme IS, so I don’t think I’ll be much help there at all! ;)

Cute shoes, I love them!! I alternate between 3 pairs of shoes for running – Saucony Kinvaras (love!), Newton Distance U’s and Altra Provisioness (which I won on here a few months ago!) I’m loving the Altras, I’m planning on wearing them for my first marathon – less than a month away now!

For lunch I had a turkey & avocado sandwich and it was good! I saw a picture of a turkey & avocado sandwich on Janae’s blog at Hungry Runner Girl and I couldn’t stop thinking about one so I went out in search of one!

Leeana says

I’m a mizuno girl all the way! I run in the wave precision 12′s for speed/tempo/races and the waver rider 15′s for easy/longs. By the way, I just made your peanut-lime dressing and it was fantastic with a gigantic rice bowl ala Fresh! Thanks for that quick little recipe!!

love the new shoes! i have a new pair coming in the mail tomorrow and CANNOT WAIT:):):) good luck with the blog switch. i understand nothing unfortunately :/ some day i will be brave like you and make some sort of switch! good luck! im sure it will look fabulous so soon!

Cute shows! Never tried Mizs but I’malways up for trying a new shoe!

I am excited for your TM. I know a lot of people who have raced them and say it is much easier than expected :)

Cute shoes! I run in cheapo Nike’s but have a pair of new Mizuno Wave Rider 15′s on the way in crazy bright yellow that I’m excited to get. Hope they are awesome :)

I run in Asics Gel-Neo 33. Love them! Yesterday for lunch I had a cantaloupe/banana smoothie (pt 1.) & then a wrap w/ hummus, cucumber & tomatoes + clementine on the side (pt 2.)

I have these exact same shoes. Just got them a few weeks ago and LOVE THEM! I know you are a pronator like myself and I think you will really like them because they are lightweight but still offer awesome support. :)

Abaissez American River: Bar Sailor 脿 Jims Bridge Basse lever du soleil / Acc猫s Sacramento Sacramento :: Bar, CAAlthough toute la section de la rivi猫re Lower am茅ricain est consid茅r茅 Classe I, la combinaison de l’eau froide, rapides banques actuelles et n茅cessite brushy base navale de manutention comp茅tences pour une pagaie agr茅able et s茅curitaire. Cette section de la rivi猫re ne poss猫de qu’un seul ….