Under construction and a new pair of shoes

by Christina @ The Athletarian on August 15, 2012

To distract myself from the fact that Tough Mudder is just a few days away, I went shopping on Monday.  Kidding.  It wasn’t to distract myself, I seriously needed a new pair of running shoes.  I have always been an Asics girl.  I went through three pairs of the exact same shoes and then all of a sudden they have started to hurt.  I decided it was time to switch to Mizunos after stealing my mom’s and falling in love with them.  These are the ones that I got:

I thought they were a bit wild for me at first but as soon as I tried them on I knew I had to give them a shot.  They are so comfortable and super light.  I bought them at The Running Room and they told me even if I run in them (indoors) and decide they aren’t the right shoes for me I could still bring them back.  How could I go wrong??  I tried them out today and they felt fantastic.  Mind you I only had 2.5 miles on my schedule for today so I am hoping they feel just as good on my next long run.

My blog is going to be under construction soon.  For all of you bloggers out there, I finally bought the Thesis theme and have no idea what I am doing.  It took me hours to figure out how to upload it onto my blog and now I have to learn how to make the switch without losing all of my content, tabs, sidebar images, etc.  If you have the Thesis theme and know what you’re doing, PLEASE HELP ME!  I will send you virtual hugs.  Lots of them.

Also, if any of you know awesome people who design blog banners/headers, let me know!  I want to switch mine up soon.  Can you tell I get bored of things easily??

What kind of shoes do you run/workout in?

What did you have for lunch?

1 Cara D August 15, 2012 at 2:52 pm

I love Mizunos! I have the Wave Rider right now and mine are accented with purple :) I love that they are so light!

2 Angela August 15, 2012 at 2:54 pm

I love my Mizunos and I need a new pair, I LOVE yours! Lunch was Tuscon -style tuna salad and a Greek yogurt. Now time for more water.

3 Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner August 15, 2012 at 3:15 pm

I just got two pairs of Mizunos a few weeks ago and I’m still undecided – but I do love the colors at least! I don’t even know what the Thesis theme IS, so I don’t think I’ll be much help there at all! ;)

4 Alexandra August 15, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Sweet shoes! I love the color!! Shopping is always a great stress-reliever…my wallet begs to differ though haha ;)

5 Jenn @ Run It My Way August 15, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Cute shoes, I love them!! I alternate between 3 pairs of shoes for running – Saucony Kinvaras (love!), Newton Distance U’s and Altra Provisioness (which I won on here a few months ago!) I’m loving the Altras, I’m planning on wearing them for my first marathon – less than a month away now!

For lunch I had a turkey & avocado sandwich and it was good! I saw a picture of a turkey & avocado sandwich on Janae’s blog at Hungry Runner Girl and I couldn’t stop thinking about one so I went out in search of one!

6 Krysten Siba Bishop (@darwinianfail) August 15, 2012 at 5:03 pm

I HAVE THOSE EXACT SHOES!! LOVE! TWINSIES!

7 Leeana August 15, 2012 at 5:37 pm

I’m a mizuno girl all the way! I run in the wave precision 12′s for speed/tempo/races and the waver rider 15′s for easy/longs. By the way, I just made your peanut-lime dressing and it was fantastic with a gigantic rice bowl ala Fresh! Thanks for that quick little recipe!!

8 Jen August 15, 2012 at 7:17 pm

Your shoes are beautiful! So jealous. I wish they came in wide so I could wear them!

9 Julia @ Pain, Pride, Perseverance August 15, 2012 at 7:45 pm

love the new shoes! i have a new pair coming in the mail tomorrow and CANNOT WAIT:):):) good luck with the blog switch. i understand nothing unfortunately :/ some day i will be brave like you and make some sort of switch! good luck! im sure it will look fabulous so soon!

10 Meghan Rene August 15, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Cute shows! Never tried Mizs but I’malways up for trying a new shoe!

I am excited for your TM. I know a lot of people who have raced them and say it is much easier than expected :)

11 Samantha @ Health, Happiness & Skinny jeans August 16, 2012 at 9:47 am

I want a blog redesign too..but I guess I should start by renewing my domain name!! ;)

12 Boston Bound Brunette August 16, 2012 at 10:25 am

Love those shoes! I have never seen those before! I had lunch with my daughter yesterday at this amazing bbq place. The Greek salad is yummy and I probably ate too many breadsticks :(

13 Julie August 16, 2012 at 11:39 am

Those are so cute! Love the color!

14 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers August 16, 2012 at 11:56 am

Sweet kicks! :) I really like Mizunos. They’re my current and my last pair.

Wish I could help with the blog, but I’m no good with such things.

15 Arena T. August 16, 2012 at 12:44 pm

Cute shoes! I run in cheapo Nike’s but have a pair of new Mizuno Wave Rider 15′s on the way in crazy bright yellow that I’m excited to get. Hope they are awesome :)

16 Lenka August 16, 2012 at 6:01 pm

I really like the Brooks Cadence because they have less support in the heel so its a more natural running form.

17 Felicia August 16, 2012 at 9:16 pm

omg those are AWESOME!! love the color!

18 Jessie August 16, 2012 at 9:19 pm

I run in Asics Gel-Neo 33. Love them! Yesterday for lunch I had a cantaloupe/banana smoothie (pt 1.) & then a wrap w/ hummus, cucumber & tomatoes + clementine on the side (pt 2.)

19 Alex @ therunwithin August 16, 2012 at 10:02 pm

I wear those shoes! Love em.

20 Rachelle August 17, 2012 at 5:22 pm

I have these exact same shoes. Just got them a few weeks ago and LOVE THEM! I know you are a pronator like myself and I think you will really like them because they are lightweight but still offer awesome support. :)

21 Polo Ralph Lauren April 9, 2013 at 6:12 am

Abaissez American River: Bar Sailor 脿 Jims Bridge Basse lever du soleil / Acc猫s Sacramento Sacramento :: Bar, CAAlthough toute la section de la rivi猫re Lower am茅ricain est consid茅r茅 Classe I, la combinaison de l’eau froide, rapides banques actuelles et n茅cessite brushy base navale de manutention comp茅tences pour une pagaie agr茅able et s茅curitaire. Cette section de la rivi猫re ne poss猫de qu’un seul ….