I am officially insane (for two reasons)

by Christina @ The Athletarian on August 9, 2012

I talked about my August goal just the other day and so far everything is going pretty good.  Okay well I missed one run this week so far but it was a short one (2 miles) so it doesn’t really count.  The cross training is going great if you consider ‘feeling like you want to die’ as great.  I’ve done two Insanity workouts this week (the Fit Test and the Plyometric Cardio Circuit) and I swear I am sore in places where I didn’t even know I had muscles.

If Shaun T tells me to “dig deeper” one more time I might slap him in the face.  I’ve done the program once before and I have a love/hate relationship with that man.  I am not doing the program 100% right now but instead incorporating some of the videos into my running schedule.  I like that it’s all body weight exercises and I get an amazing burn.  Insanity is here to stay.

Insanity part two: my kitchen is exploding with gadgets.  I am very easily convinced that I need everything.  I see all these delicious looking waffles on Instagram every single day so I went and bought a waffle maker from Walmart.  This is just like two weeks after I bought my spiralizer.  Next on my list is a VitaMix but I don’t think I will have any money left for food if I get that any time soon so it will have to wait (probably a very long time).

Oat flour waffle topped with coconut butter and berries :)

I used this recipe but made quite a few substitutions.  The waffle came out good, but not perfect.  I am going to work on it and hopefully post a recipe soon.  I am also going to try using my favourite pancake recipe and see if they turn out in the waffle maker.  I apologize in advance if any of my posts convince you to spend your money on vegetable spiralizers and waffle makers but I swear it is 100% worth it.

Have you ever done Insanity or any other home workout DVD programs?

Do you prefer pancakes or waffles??  Link up any amazing waffle recipes if you have them!

Don’t forget to make this smoothie for a chance to win one of Tosca Reno’s Eat Clean Diet Vegetarian Cookbooks!

1 Lindsey August 9, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Pancakes but my husband loves waffles! His favorite is a recipe that came with our waffle maker – Super Multigrain Blueberry waffles.

2 Alex @ therunwithin August 9, 2012 at 2:02 pm

I wish I had gadgets galore! Let me move in!

3 Holly August 9, 2012 at 2:06 pm

I used to do Yoga Booty Ballet but haven’t touched that in so long! I also did the Carmen Electra stuff and yeah, useless. I do want to do the Insanity though after Mady is born so we shall see!

I love pancakes and waffles equally. Actually hoping for a Kitchen Aid waffle maker for Xmas :D

4 Corey @ Learning Patience August 9, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Waiting on my sprializer to arrive here…any day now! y mom is excited to see it. Never tried Insanity but I heard its hard and awesome… Glen says hi to Dean!

xoxo from Missouri

5 Lisa August 9, 2012 at 2:09 pm

I bought the Insanity workout dvd’s 3 years ago. I did the workout when my youngest was 4 months old, I lost 10 lbs the first month and another 5 lbs the second month. I do enjoy Insanity, and it does live up to it’s name! “Dig Deeper!” LOL
I also like Jillian Michaels dvd’s when I can’t make it to the gym. My library has a bunch of cool workout dvd’s so I’ll do them to get ideas for my fitness classes that I teach.

6 Meghan Rene @ Uncooked & UnWalked August 9, 2012 at 2:36 pm

I really want a waffle maker… but since I don’t like to cook I wonder if I will actually use it :p

7 @pluvk August 9, 2012 at 3:44 pm

You definitely convinced me on the spiralizer. I spent some time looking for one yesterday, but no dice. If I end up with a VitaMix and waffle maker, I’m blaming you! Hahaha! :-)

8 Brittany @ Little b's healthy habits August 9, 2012 at 4:33 pm

OMG I officially need a waffle maker! I’m sure it tastes exactly like a pancake, but still! :)

9 Cindy Graves August 9, 2012 at 6:07 pm

What kind of heart rate monitor do you use? Where did you get it? How much did it cost? Looking to buy me one, but need suggestions for the best kind.Thanks!

10 Britt @ Chicago Runner Girl August 9, 2012 at 9:23 pm

The hubby was saying he wants to buy insanity, I don’t think we will get it though. I try to create insanity workouts for him all the time and he says they are too hard so I’m thinking it won’t be a wise investment ;)

Love my waffle maker. I actually got mine in college. When all my girlfriends asked for purses and accessories for Christmas in college, I asked for a waffle maker so I could make them in my dorm. Ha! I’m such a dweeb now that I remember I did that!

11 Rustic Paleo Feast August 9, 2012 at 10:41 pm

I did the Fit Test and I thought I was going to throw up when I finished. But I was in bad shape at the time. Still I cannot stand people who talk too much like Shaun-T and the dude from P90X. I need to bring out my waffle machine and make these! They look so good!

12 Elle August 9, 2012 at 11:34 pm

I love waffles but always think the batter needs way more fat or oil than I would like to use.. how are you finding that aspect of it?

13 Charissa August 10, 2012 at 12:19 am

I love this – I have been wanting to try Insanity foreveeeer! Gonna try it next summer hopefully!

14 Kareen EatingRight August 10, 2012 at 12:21 am

Insanity is my arch nemesis; I’ve only made it to day 3. One day I’ll conquer it. Thanks for the reminder to look for a spiralizer. I NEED one in my life :)

15 lindsay August 10, 2012 at 6:46 am

So… i just got insanity from a friend. A little worried. and excited. LOL< you know the feeling, right?

16 Katie August 10, 2012 at 7:05 am

I have the p90x DVDs but haven’t tried them (not sure why?!). I’d be interested in Insanity if I could borrow it; don’t know if I’d purchase it.
I think I’m more of a pancake-r! They’re more versatile with ingredients and toppings.

17 Katelyn August 10, 2012 at 7:41 am

I love being sore. Everywhere. In places I didn’t know I could be sore and all the usual places. It’s awesome. I’ve never tried Insanity, but I’ve heard insane (HA ;) things about P90X products and the magic they can do.

18 Jess August 10, 2012 at 9:49 am

I have done insanity workouts before. They are crazy!!! haha honestly, I don’t know if I could ever have that type of energy!! I also think I prefer waffles..but then again it depends on my cravings! Your waffles look soo tasty:) Happy Friday!

19 Felicia August 10, 2012 at 2:26 pm

i loveeeeee my vita! you totally need to get one hehe

20 Missy August 11, 2012 at 11:31 am

I have never done Insanity but it’s definitely intriguing. I heard it’s a ridiculously hard workout and I am sure the results are amazing if you can stick to it!