Princeton was starting to look really dishevled so Dean and I took him to get his first haircut yesterday. I was so nervous because he is so cute and fluffy and I wasn’t sure what he would look like if he lost his fluff. Let me tell you, I almost had a heart attack when we picked him up. He looks bald. He is still so cute but looks so different!
I love that his black tips were trimmed so now he’s pretty much blonde but I can’t wait for a couple of weeks to pass so his hair can grow a bit and he won’t look so scrawny!
I will often post goals at the beginning of the month but I am really bad at going back at the end and seeing how committed I was and if I stuck ith them 100%. Let’s try to change that this month. My birthday is in exactly four weeks today so that is the perfect reason to buckle down so I can feel my best.
1. Stick to my half marathon training plan as closely as possible. I am one week in and so far, so good.
2. Cross train 4-5 times a week. Whether it is CrossFit, an Insanity workout, tabata, cycling, or hot yoga, I need to do something else besides run (especially on those days I’m only supposed to run a couple of miles).
3. Foam FREAKING roll so my legs don’t break (I am so bad at this).
4. Eat as close to a plant-based diet as possible. Animal products = stomach issues = bad runs = unhappy Christina. Now that I have my spiralizer, I shouldn’t have any issues eating tons of veggies.
5. Try my absolute hardest NOT to go out to eat until my birthday. I have been spending so much money on food and I have no reason to not cook. I am off all summer which leaves me plenty of time since my only responsibility is to walk my dog.
I think five goals is enough for now!
Did you make any goals for August? Tell me one!
Are you training for anything in particular right now (races, fitness competitions, hot dog eating contests)?