ECD Protein Pancakes (+ giveaway!)
Our Sisters in Iron Veggielicious Contest continues! That means another amazing recipe for you to try and another chance to win an Eat Clean Diet Vegetarian Cookbook! If you missed the first two recipes, you can check them out here and here. Thank you to all of you who submitted your photos! They all looked delicious!
Today’s recipe is one of my long time favourites: Cottage Cheese Pancakes (I call them Protein Pancakes because I omit the cottage cheese;)! This was one of the first recipes I ever tried from The Eat Clean Diet and it never gets old! I actually posted this exact recipe sometime last year but it’s so good that I wanted to share it again.
COTTAGE CHEESE PANCAKES
PREP: 10 minutes |COOK: 12 minutes| YIELD: 12 pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (I use oat flour)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp maple sugar flakes (I use Xylitol)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 egg whites
- 1 cup fat-free cottage cheese (I omitted this and doubled the yogurt instead!
- 1 cup fat-free plain yogurt (I used Greek)
- Combine first five ingredients in a medium bowl. Make a well in the centre.
- Combine eggs, cottage cheese and yogurt in a small bowl. Pour into well. Stir until just moistened.
- Heat a nonstick pan or griddle or prepare a skillet with cooking spray. Heat should be medium high. Use 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. Cook until lightly browned on both sides. Keep warm in oven until all the batter has been used up.
- Serve with fruit.
NUTRITIONAL VALUE PER PANCAKE:
Calories 81| Calories from Fat: 2 | Protein: 7g | carbs: 12g | Total Fat: 0.3 g | Fiber: 1 g | Sodium: 112mg | Sugars: 3g
HOW TO ENTER FOR A CHANCE TO WIN 1 of 8 EAT-CLEAN DIET Vegetarian Cookbooks:
Answer and email these 2 questions plus at least one photo of your recipe to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, August 6, 2012.
1.) What did you like about making this recipe?
2.) Will you make this recipe again? Why or why not?
NOTE: Contest is only open to residents in North America.