My life is now complete.

by Christina @ The Athletarian on July 26, 2012

Dean and I have been searching high and low for a vegetable spiralizer.  For some reason, every store in the city was sold out of them.  There was some kind of backorder and it was driving me mental.  There was one store that kept promising that they would be in soon so I turned into a spiralizer stalker and called them every single day until finally…

They came in yesterday!

Right after the big purchase, Dean and I scooted over to a farmer’s market to get some fresh veggies to spiralize.  I haven’t been to a farmer’s market in forever and I felt like buying one of everything.  it all looked so fresh and delicious.

Princeton loves leaves and was really enjoying our beet greens!

We ended up getting zucchini, beets, and carrots.

I really want to try and perfect the Tangled Thai salad that I always order at Fresh.  It is the best salad in the world and I eat it at least once a week.  The recipe was actually released on the House and Home website here, so now it’s time to get to work!

I know Felicia has a spiralizer and made a zucchini “pasta” not too long ago (check it out on her blog here).  I tried her recipe a couple of weeks ago and used a vegetable peeler to make my zucchini into noodles.  It worked well and came out really delicious.  I can’t wait to make it again using my spiralizer!

Have you ever used a spiralizer or vegetable peeler to makes vegetable “noodles”?

What is your favourite kind of pasta (NOT of the vegetable variety)?

1 Pammie July 26, 2012 at 2:12 pm

OMG let me know if you love it!

I have one of these in my watch list on ebay!!

2 corey @ learning patience July 26, 2012 at 2:22 pm

wow – can we please use this when i come? lol
just saw the wtw post – how can i concentrate on the dog with his abs in the pic? can he give glen a boost to workout? i will love you forever…. xoxo

did u ever announce the winner for the favorite things? guessing i didnt win..i want to try out ose hair things…

p.s. bringing u a bunch of stuff aka gifts!!!!

u excited?

xoxo from Trinidad

3 Alex @ therunwithin July 26, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Your eyes say it all! I hope you get good use out of that puppy!

4 Laura @ Sprint 2 the Table July 26, 2012 at 3:16 pm

this is so bad… i bought a spiralizer but the instructions are in japanese and i cannot figire out how to use it! lol!

5 hikermom July 26, 2012 at 4:00 pm

I have never heard of this. SO cool! You have to show pics of your creations:)

6 Felicia July 26, 2012 at 4:11 pm

yay!!! use it for sweet/regular potatoes and make curly fries too!

7 Boston Bound Brunette July 26, 2012 at 4:19 pm

I have never seen one of those before! It looks like a lot of fun! You are the girl who has everything and you are such a sweet girl!

8 Alexandra July 26, 2012 at 9:13 pm

Omg I’m so jealous, how awesome!! I can’t wait to see all the deliciousness you’ll be whipping up! :)

9 Elle July 27, 2012 at 12:11 am

I am so JEALOUS! But really happy for YOU! :) REALLY.

10 Lisa July 27, 2012 at 12:15 am

SO jealous of your spiralizer. I need one asap.

11 Meghan Rene @ Uncooked & UnWalked July 27, 2012 at 11:04 am

Ok… I never heard of this contraption but I think I need one.

12 Ali Mc July 27, 2012 at 11:11 am

My brother was telling me all about Fresh. I’ve heard it’s amazing! Colin and I decided to eat at the underground Longo’s while in TO but next time I’m going there :)

We should go together ;)

PS: I have only ever eaten curly fries! nothing else spiralified!

13 Lori Cipolla July 27, 2012 at 1:04 pm

It is so ironic that I opened my email today and clicked on your post . I have soooo had this on the brain lately that I need one of these !!! You will have to make a post of how this recipe came out with your new spiralizer!!!

14 Rachelle July 27, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Oh wow that sounds fancy!! I am excited for you to have a new kitchen toy. yay, yay, yay! I want to come to Toronto and hangout with you and you can cook me healthy foods okay.

My favorite pasta is whole wheat pasta I love the nutty texture.

15 Britt@ Chicago Runner Girl July 27, 2012 at 3:19 pm

i’ve always wanted one of those but in my tiny closet sized urban apartment that would take up about half of my cabinet space. boo. good thing i’m moving next month!

can’t wait to see what your salad looks like! those spirals make everything more tasty.

16 Susan July 27, 2012 at 6:01 pm

I have that same spiralizer and I absolutely love it! I hope you post pictures of your spiralized veggies! Enjoy!

17 Esther September 14, 2012 at 4:14 pm

I just discovered your blog and it is fantastic! I never knew that such a vegetable spiralizer contraption existed but it’s awesome! Where did you buy yours? I’m from Calgary and hoping I can purchse one here also. :o )

18 Ali @ Inspiralized August 12, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Hi hi! I love love your website – I follow you on Instagram as well. Love this post- my blog is 100% dedicated to the spiralizer, with original, healthy recipes! Check it out and let me know what you think! http://www.inspiralized.com!