My life is now complete.

Dean and I have been searching high and low for a vegetable spiralizer.  For some reason, every store in the city was sold out of them.  There was some kind of backorder and it was driving me mental.  There was one store that kept promising that they would be in soon so I turned into a spiralizer stalker and called them every single day until finally…

They came in yesterday!

Right after the big purchase, Dean and I scooted over to a farmer’s market to get some fresh veggies to spiralize.  I haven’t been to a farmer’s market in forever and I felt like buying one of everything.  it all looked so fresh and delicious.

Princeton loves leaves and was really enjoying our beet greens!

We ended up getting zucchini, beets, and carrots.

I really want to try and perfect the Tangled Thai salad that I always order at Fresh.  It is the best salad in the world and I eat it at least once a week.  The recipe was actually released on the House and Home website here, so now it’s time to get to work!

I know Felicia has a spiralizer and made a zucchini “pasta” not too long ago (check it out on her blog here).  I tried her recipe a couple of weeks ago and used a vegetable peeler to make my zucchini into noodles.  It worked well and came out really delicious.  I can’t wait to make it again using my spiralizer!

Have you ever used a spiralizer or vegetable peeler to makes vegetable “noodles”?

What is your favourite kind of pasta (NOT of the vegetable variety)?

Comments

wow – can we please use this when i come? lol
    just saw the wtw post – how can i concentrate on the dog with his abs in the pic? can he give glen a boost to workout? i will love you forever…. xoxo

did u ever announce the winner for the favorite things? guessing i didnt win..i want to try out ose hair things…

p.s. bringing u a bunch of stuff aka gifts!!!!

u excited?

xoxo from Trinidad

My brother was telling me all about Fresh. I’ve heard it’s amazing! Colin and I decided to eat at the underground Longo’s while in TO but next time I’m going there :)

We should go together ;)

PS: I have only ever eaten curly fries! nothing else spiralified!

Lori Cipolla says

It is so ironic that I opened my email today and clicked on your post . I have soooo had this on the brain lately that I need one of these !!! You will have to make a post of how this recipe came out with your new spiralizer!!!

Oh wow that sounds fancy!! I am excited for you to have a new kitchen toy. yay, yay, yay! I want to come to Toronto and hangout with you and you can cook me healthy foods okay.

My favorite pasta is whole wheat pasta I love the nutty texture.

i’ve always wanted one of those but in my tiny closet sized urban apartment that would take up about half of my cabinet space. boo. good thing i’m moving next month!

can’t wait to see what your salad looks like! those spirals make everything more tasty.

I just discovered your blog and it is fantastic! I never knew that such a vegetable spiralizer contraption existed but it’s awesome! Where did you buy yours? I’m from Calgary and hoping I can purchse one here also. :o)

Trackbacks