Taking Advantage

by Christina @ The Athletarian on July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July, American friends!!  I know things get all fun and crazy down there today so I hope you all have a blast!  Grab a jar of that cookie butter we talked about yesterday and have a spoonful for me to celebrate!

Now that my gym membership has expired (I plan on re-activating it come September), Dean and I have been taking advantage of other things we have available to us.  About two minutes from my house there are some pretty amazing tennis courts.  We went back just the other day for the first time this year and it was a blast.

I am still learning so we went back to the basics but I think I’m off to a good start!  Dean said I had some magical moments on the court! ;)

I was also on Facebook yesterday and found out that for the month of July it is FREE teachers month at a yoga studio not too far from home!  How amazing is that?!  I looked up the schedule immediately and Dean and I went to a Moksha class at 4:30 last night.  It felt amazing!  We haven’t gone since February so we were due for a good yoga session.

These studios are always so dang expensive so I am going to try and get in as much yoga as I can this month!

Finally, I am going to be taking advantage of all of the free recipes that all of you amazing foodies post!  It really is amazing how we have access to so much information in this blogging community.  I am so impressed by your creative minds, especially when it comes to making meals.  I am lacking in that department so I am going to get creative this summer and by getting creative I mean stealing your recipes (and giving credit, of course!).

I tried this dish from Felicia’s blog yesterday:

They are zucchini noodles with a cheesy avocado dressing.  So so so good.  I actually threw a veggie burger on top and while it didn’t look appealing on the noodles, it sure tasted great!  You must try this recipe.  I will be making it again soon!

Have you tried any new recipes/dishes lately?  Link up!

What are your 4th of July plans?

1 Kim July 4, 2012 at 8:53 am

I’m so jealous you get a whole month free and you actually have the time to take advantage of it! That bathroom is gorgeous. I might need to recreate that in my future master bathroom once I buy my first place!

2 Siobhan @ SiobhanMcCarthy.ca July 4, 2012 at 9:01 am

That tennis court looks like a beauty!! I need to clean off the dust on my racquet and get out there!

Free month of yoga?! Yes, please!! Looks like I need to go to teacher’s college just for the perks!

3 Em July 4, 2012 at 9:09 am

I need to get on a tennis court soon. I’m not very good, but it’s so fun. :)
Lucky you, free yoga! I go once a week and couldn’t survive without it!

4 Lindsey July 4, 2012 at 9:16 am

I tried zucchini noodles for the first time last week too, from the blog Eating Bird Food – Zucchini Noodles in a Thair Peanut Sauce. I loved them.

5 Heather@Just a Colorado Gal July 4, 2012 at 9:25 am

Since I have the day off from work, I’m going to head out for my 15-miler this morning….yikes! Other than that, just a mellow girls night with the ladies and some wine :)

6 Sejal M July 4, 2012 at 9:26 am

What studio is it?

7 Meg July 4, 2012 at 10:25 am

hehe it is pretty awesome that there are so many FREE recipes within the blog world, huh? :) we don’t even need cook books :)

8 Alex @ therunwithin July 4, 2012 at 12:09 pm

holy shiz those zucchini noodles look to die for! it looks so creamy.

9 Elle July 4, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Hey, nice snag on the free yoga. That is just great. And enjoy the tennis… I have a Wimbledon match on the tv right now. Haven’t played in years but always loved it.

10 Lisa July 4, 2012 at 2:03 pm

I love zucchini noodles. Doesn’t it make you want a spiralizer so bad! I am craving one. I love tennis its always so much fun, I live close to a court and make sure to visit it a couple times throughout the summer. No fourth of July plans over here, since I am Canadian after all;)

11 Corey @ Learning Patience July 4, 2012 at 6:42 pm

I do moksha yoga here in Trinidad all the time! I love it! As you already know I am a HUGE fan of zucchini pasta and I smuggled in a avocado so I am so going to try this dish asap!

xoxo from Trinidad

12 JB July 4, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Great post!
If you don’t mind my asking, which studio is offering the free classes?
Thanks!

13 Meghan Rene @ Uncooked & UnWalked July 5, 2012 at 8:01 am

I actually did nothing crazy this 4th since it was on a Wednesday and I have an 8:30 meeting. Yoga classes are expensive but included in my gym membership (even though going to a studio is way better). We have a spinning company – Soul Cycle – around here that is even more expensive than yoga studios – and it only does spinning. I need to find one of those jobs where $$ aint a thang. You look great in the pix!!