20-minute HIIT and cookie butter

If you follow me on Instagram (the_athletarian), you will have already seen these two workouts that I posted last week (does anyone else feel that Instagram kind of spoils blog posts sometimes?).  Since my decision to start working out at home I have been getting creative in my basement and trying to come up with quick and effective workouts using little to no equipment.

Here are two workouts that left me super sweaty in just 20 minutes.  I apologize in advance for the beautiful faces I make after my workouts.  Dean tells me he likes me best when I’m in gym clothes breaking a sweat.  Bless his soul.  He is either lying or a really, really, really good boyfriend.

You can easily do these even if you don’t have a treadmill.  Just substitute that part with something else!  Jumping jacks, high knees, tuck jumps…  There are so many options.  For the step ups and box jumps I used a big granite coffee table that does not move.  I swear an elephant could sit on it and it would not break.  Make sure when doing these exercises you are using something stable.

Now someone please tell me if they have tried this cookie butter:

I keep seeing it posted all over the place – blogs, Facebook, Instagram – and it’s driving me nuts.  From what I hear, it is one of the most delicious things in the whole wide world and this makes me furious  because I can’t get it here.  Trader Joe’s needs to come to Canada because I am missing out on so much deliciousness!  I think the cookie butter would be a perfect treat post-HIIT workout, dot you think? ;)

Do you incorporate HIIT into your workouts?

Do you have a Trader Joe’s where you live?  What is your favourite thing to buy there?

Comments

Girl, I know! Everyone is talking about that stuff. I have trader joes close by. Next time I am in there I ill pick some up for you :)

I like the mango mochi and the chocolate covered banana slices. Desserts of course :)

PS you look great!!!

• 2

Thanks, Sarah! You ALWAYS look great. I’m loving your style in all your pictures from your blog you have with Scott. SO NYC!

Mango mochi sounds divine, as do the banana slices! Holy I would get so fat if I lived near a TJs! It would probably be worth it though! ;)

Maybe next time I come to NYC (which will hopefully be soon) we can go on a TJs shopping trip together!

Love Cookie Butter – we stock up when we are south :) I always buy it, their dark chocolate, trail mix and wine. A great combo! haha

I have a jar of speckaloos cookie butter in my pantry, it’s been there for almost 2 months! I don’t love it. It is the texture of pb, maybe a little thicker, with like a ginger snap ish cookie taste. It’s ok on graham crackers and such, but there is something a little too artificial about it, if that makes sense!
    PS… Your looking super buff!

OH GIRL!!! Don’t you know you can get this on amazon.com!?!?! I wonder if you can on the Canadian website. If not – I could always order it for you and have it shipped as a gift to Canadian probably. I haven’t had it but it sounds divine!

• 13

Amzon.com doesn’t ship to Canada! I tried it the other day with a different item! I might be going to the US at some point this summer so I will be sure to get some. I don’t want to hassle anyone!! Thank you so much for offering though!! You’re so nice!

I second Traders Joe’s coming to Canada, I get so jealous of all the yummy things people post on blogs from TJ’s! Haha though I suppose if they came to Canada I’d still be SOL because no one comes to Sydney, Nova Scotia :-P We don’t even have a Costco!

I’m loving all the creative summer workouts! I think I need to convince Ryan to turn the laundry room into a gym :D

• 15

I think you should just move to Toronto then! I have a Costco five minutes from my house!! I will take you these every day if you like!

I think turning the laundry room into a gym is a wonderful idea! Get Ryan on that!

I’ve never tried that cookie butter either but I’m DYING to!!! A trader joes FINALLY opened about an hour and a half away from me…I may have to go just to pick some up mwahaha ;)

Cookie butter is quite wonderful…but I don’t want to keep too much of it in the house! My husband was bugging me about it the other day. We don’t have a Trader Joe’s nearby but I go a few times a year to stock up. Apparently, he is quite in need of Cookie butter as quickly as possible! :)

Let’s get back to your sexy sweat pictures and Mr. Dean… We can all see he is a great boyfriend; however, I think the working out, breaking a sweat, looking hot etc. is a total dude thing!! We think we look like crap-ola, meanwhile, all the testosterone sees is pure sexy. Nice! haha;)

You are absolutely killing the workouts girl. Seriously your arms seems to be getting stronger every single day and I absolutely love it. You are such a great rolemodel and example to so many. I need to find me a man that likes a good sweaty women because I am always sweaty. haha!

We do not have TJ in UT but I totally stock up whenever I go to NV or AZ. My favorite is the edamame crackers. You must try them!!

• 33

You are so nice!! My arms are my slowest growing but they’ll get there eventually. I’m totally not stressing about it. It’s all about having fun this summer! I want to clock in more miles too so I can be a speedy runner one day like you! :)

Edamame crackers sound delicious! I will look for them the next time I visit the US!

Julia @ Pain, Pride, Perseverance says

AHHH! i have eaten like 3 jars of that stuff just in the past month! LOVE IT! so delicious! and girl. you have got some crazy guns! love it!

Oh I agree. TJs is my first stop when we head South of the border. I would die of happiness if they ever come to Canada!

Would love to try some of that Cookie Butter too… would be soooo happy if I could get my hands on some. <3

@pluvk says

I LOVE HIIT workouts… and I hate them, but simply because they kick my butt! And as for Dean loving you in sweat gym clothes, my man is the same way. He says it looks sexy. I think “ew,” but hey! Whatever works, right? ;-)

Jackie says

it’s actually better! i’ve had both. it’s called speculous i think. red jar.
    then you can buy the cookies that make the cookie butter at metro in libvil.

Great workouts, Christina!! That’s sweet that Dean says that! My SO says the same thing and it always makes me happy and encourages me to keep going! I’ve never tried a HIIT workout. I’m thinking about it though.

Jackie says

oh, you don’t even know the possibilities with cookie butter.

good luck? haha.
    ps – i am the go-to treats girl. hit me up.

No TJ’s over here! I wish, silly Canada. Can you believe I’ve never even been in one before. Love that HIIT workout, I usually do HIIT like 4 times a week. I looove it. I’m totally going to try this one out sometime

I love LOVE love HIITs. I do them several times a week and once marathon training is over will probably do them more often. I make most of mine up too. I used to do BodyRock all the time, now I do it sometimes and sometimes ZWOWs, but I am starting to prefer my own :) I bookmarked this though and am going to try yours next week or the week after when I am somewhat recovered from my marathon.

I am having a hard time with the thought of zucchini noodles, but keep hearing about them so MAYBE I will try that too.

Cookie butter is like heaven in a jar-UNBELIEVABLE! I love it in overnight oats. I try to complete at least 2 HIIT workouts a week; today I did plyometrics while I was running, every 1/4 mile I would complete squat jumps, burpees, mountain climbers, etc. It made the run fly by!

I signed up for Spartan WODs – delivered daily in my inbox. And they are kicking my butt. last night was burpees, tuck jumps, jumping lunges, bicycle kicks, crunches, push-ups, pull-ups. I am seriously feeling the DOMS today. Least tonight is weights. I can handle that. lol.

thank you for the HIIT routines!

Trackbacks