Track Torture

So my “rest” days (which are usually on Sundays) have turned into “work even harder than you do every other day of the week” days.  Last Sunday was no different.  I thought Dean and I would maybe just go for a run since I don’t do long distances during the week (and hello, Tough Mudder is coming and I need to get my distances back up so I don’t die).  Instead, we gathered our Lebert Equalizers and battle ropes and headed to a nearby track so we could combine running with some functional training.

We started with a warm up mile around the track and then started our circuit.  For our first exercise we made good use of the picnic tables on the field for box jumps:

Then we sprinted to the end of the field and back, got down and did pushups using the Lebert Equalizers:

After another quick sprint we used the Equalizers again for pull ups:

Instead of sprinting after our pull ups we did one full lap around the track and then hit the battle ropes for 30 seconds:

We repeated this circuit four times and then cooled down with another mile around the track.

This workout (with the exception of the ropes) could totally be done without equipment.  We could have easily used the picnic table to do bench push ups or could even have done regular pushups on the ground.  The end of the picnic table could also have been used for pull ups.  See?  No excuses!  You can take your workouts anywhere! :D

So no, I didn’t get my long run in but this workout kicked my trash and I loved every second of it.

What is your workout today?

If you had to choose between running, biking, the elliptical, or the stairmill, which would it be?

Comments

Nice workout! I ran 8 miles last night so today is my day off from cardio. I usually do some push ups and pull ups on my days off just so that I don’t feel so lazy! You are both looking great (as usual)!

ashley says

I plan on biking outside today as the weather is absolutely gorgeous where I am.

As for what I would choose with those options – running. I tend to bike more because my bike trailer is already hooked up to my bike and I’m much too lazy to convert it to a running stroller. So when I do get to run, it’s usually peaceful because it’s just myself.

Great action shots!! Sounds like a fun and tough workout! I would probably have to chose biking….shorter distance biking under 30 miles anyway.

You guys are seriously so freaking awesome! I so wish I lived right next door to you and could join you for these awesome workouts. I love that you are just utilizing the park and getting the workout in outside. So awesome!!

I would have to pick running. I just love it. :)

I think I vote you for having the funnest work outs… ever. I am not working out :( I just came back from the Docs with an upper respiratory infection – resting so I can be ok for my race Saturday!

you guys are seriously my favorite couple! i use to do track workouts with my now fiance all the time (we met in high school and both did track actually- he was a thrower and even did division 1 all through college) so this reminds me of our “track dates” and brings back a lot of memories. he works crazy hours now and we haven’t done it in foreverrr but i would love to at some point soon! Its so fun!

That sounds like fun! I’ve always wanted to do an outdoor workout like that, but I don’t want to look like a doofus doing it by myself. :P I need to rope my friends into doing one with me sometime!

I definitely prefer running. Biking and the elliptical are ok, but the stairmill is torture!!!

Trackbacks