POWERMEAL Round Up (6-10) and two reasons why I love him

by Christina @ The Athletarian on June 13, 2012

Powercakes’ Powermeal Challenge is just about halfway over!  If you missed my round up of days 1-5 you can check them out here.  I actually messed up one of the days but let’s just pretend you didn’t notice!  Here are my powermeals from days 6-10:

Day 6: yellow (spaghetti squash with homemade tomato sauce)

Day 7: purple (smoothie made with frozen berries, VEGA Energizing Smoothie in Bodacious Berry, and almond milk)

Day 8: pre-workout (VEGA Energizing Smoothie in Tropical Tango mixed with water)

Day 9: post-workout (I ran just before lunch so my post-workout meal was a veggie sandwich with a side of more veggies and a handful of almonds)

Day 10: power breakfast (Chocolate Covered Katie’s blueberry pie pancakes topped with nut butter and sugar-free syrup)

***

Two reasons why I love Dean (there are more reasons but these ones rank near the top of my list ;) ):

1.  I was HANGRY (hungry + angry) after work tonight.  Not a good combination.  I called Fresh, ordered their Holiday Wrap to go (tempeh, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, avocado, carrot, jicama, vegan garlic “mayo”) and went with Dean to pick it up.  Once it was in my hands I was ravenous and we realized there was nowhere to sit outside to eat.  Since Dean is always prepared for any and all situations, he pulled a lounge chair out of his trunk and set me up to eat my wrap on the sidewalk.

Now that’s class.

2.  I was going through Dean’s pictures on his phone looking for the above photo of me (eating my wrap) so I could send it to myself and share it with you all (since it’s so flattering) and came across this little gem:

Yes, that would be Dean taking a self-taker photo in the change room at Nike.  He was so embarrassed but claimed the lighting was so good that he just had to take a picture.  I nearly died.  It’s always me taking self-takers and progress pics so I thought this was super funny.

How can you not love a man who cares about your comfort while eating and takes pictures of himself in change rooms?!

What do you usually eat pre/post-workout?

Have you tried tempeh?  Are you a fan?

1 Danielle @WorkItWearItEatIt June 13, 2012 at 9:08 pm

HAHAH I laughed so hard at the lawn chair picture. Hanger is not to be taken lightly.
And I TOTALLY understand the good lighting thing, too. Sometimes it just needs to be done, hah. Don’t worry Dean, got your back.

2 Christina @ The Athletarian June 13, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Hahahaha “got your back”…he will be happy to hear that! You’re so funny!

3 Jenn's Adventures June 13, 2012 at 9:10 pm

I die!! There is just so much awesome in this post I simply don’t know where to start! I absolutely love how prepared Dean is & how he can’t forgo good lighting — and you girl, I absolutely love how serious you are about your food!! YUM! I’m so jealous you have a Fresh at your disposal, and I demand they open one up here in Seattle:) xoox’s

4 Christina @ The Athletarian June 13, 2012 at 9:12 pm

I demand it too!! You would seriously love that place. Come visit me so I can take you there for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!! We could O.D. on veggies together :)

5 Jenn's Adventures June 14, 2012 at 12:05 am

YES!!!!!! We’re there:)

6 Brittany June 13, 2012 at 9:13 pm

LOL I would DIE if I saw my bf taking a picture like that too…maybe i’ll find one one day!! p.s. that chair idea in his car is genius, you just never know when you’ll need it! I went to Fresh on Monday and I got the Spicy Black Bean burrito and added goat cheese… it was phenomenal. I’ve only had the beach bowl and that so I can’t wait to go back and try something new! (oh and their desserts are deadly… i can’t stay away!)

7 Christina @ The Athletarian June 13, 2012 at 9:17 pm

Ooooh that burrito is amazing!! The beach bowl is great too! I just had it last week. I am obsessed with their carrot cake. Have you tried it?!?! Beyond deadly. Let me know the next time you plan on going. Maybe we can meet! :D

8 Gemma June 13, 2012 at 9:30 pm

I love the pic of you eating in the chair!Hahaha So hardcore and it’s amazing that he’s so understanding and handy :) I went on a date with my man to Fresh on Friday and had the BBQ burger with no bun – yummmm!

9 Christina @ The Athletarian June 13, 2012 at 9:35 pm

YUM! I love the BBQ burger! Those quinoa battered onion rings are to DIE for! I could literally eat there every single day and not get bored!

10 Gemma June 13, 2012 at 10:57 pm

I think that all of us Toronto gals should meet up at Fresh some time!

11 Jess @ Blonde Ponytail June 13, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Uh, Dean? You definitely need to take more of those! And, I love how real you are Christina!! Get at that wrap!!!

12 Christina @ The Athletarian June 13, 2012 at 9:53 pm

Hahaha I have no shame. If I’m hungry, I will eat (even if it’s on the sidewalk)! I’ll let Dean know to take more shots like that as per your request! ;)

13 Nicole June 13, 2012 at 10:07 pm

LOL, if I had abs like that I’d be taking pictures of them ALL THE TIME.

Great post!

Nicole

14 Christina @ The Athletarian June 13, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Seriously! Screw taking pictures – I would just walk around topless every day!!

Thank you!

15 Brittany @ little bs healthy habits June 13, 2012 at 10:13 pm

That is the cutest thing ever! (the chair part) :)

16 Christina @ The Athletarian June 14, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Hahaha I know, right? We all have chairs in our cars, don’t we? ;)

17 Christy@ My Dirt Road Anthem June 14, 2012 at 6:42 am

I don’t even know what tempeh is. I am going to have to look it up.

You busting Dean on a self portrait totally cracks me up, but hey if the lighting is good, and it is, why not!

I love the whole chair thing too, what a prepared guy!

18 Christina @ The Athletarian June 14, 2012 at 2:55 pm

Hah I totally busted him! Hey, I would have probably done it too!

19 Vanessa @ Gourmet Runner June 14, 2012 at 7:52 am

I love that he just busted out a chair for you outside! Always be prepared!

20 Christina @ The Athletarian June 14, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Exactly! And then take pictures of me eating in the chair for my blog. Pretty much makes him perfect!

21 Tiff @ Love Sweat and Beers June 14, 2012 at 9:48 am

Soooo jealous of your spaghetti squash. No stores near me have it this time of year, and I think I’m going through withdrawals!

And to answer your question, I really like TJ’s tempeh. Yummy!

22 Christina @ The Athletarian June 14, 2012 at 2:56 pm

We don’t have TJ’s here. I’m so sad because now I want to try their tempeh!! There is a sesame garlic one I buy here all the time and it’s so good!

23 KAlex June 14, 2012 at 10:04 am

You’re hilarious. Being Hangry is the worst!! Boyfriends BEWARE.

24 Christina @ The Athletarian June 14, 2012 at 2:58 pm

That’s what I get for not packing enough food in my cooler!! I wish I could just carry you in one pocket and Tosca in the other so I could do everything right!

25 Siobhan @ SiobhanMcCarthy.ca June 14, 2012 at 10:11 am

I am the worst hangry girl EVER!!! So bad that I have to carry snacks in my purse so the hangry doesn’t come out.

I probably would have been eating that wrap before I even got out of the door at Fresh! The chair? Genius! haha

26 Christina @ The Athletarian June 14, 2012 at 2:59 pm

Hahaha I carry snacks too but I ran out!! I’m hungry every 1-2 hours though so that doesn’t help the situation!

27 Siobhan @ SiobhanMcCarthyMca June 14, 2012 at 3:18 pm

ME TOO!! Every 2 hours I HAVE to eat! Everyone at works thinks I’m crazy.

28 Q June 14, 2012 at 10:18 am

Some see it as a lawn chair…i see it as VIP patio service.
(also, I like to bring my own lighting guys around with me wherever I go…just in case I feel like taking a picture).

29 Christina @ The Athletarian June 14, 2012 at 3:00 pm

You are so right. I am totally VIP.

You like to bring lighting guys with you for pictures, I like to bring Quintons with me for compliments. We are so similar! Hah.

30 Q June 15, 2012 at 8:59 am

Similar? You’re like my sista’ from anotha’ mista’.

31 Lisa June 14, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Haha, I love that you just pulled out a chair on the side of the street. I’d say that’s a pretty classy way to eat ;) I really like that he claimed the lighting in the dressing room made him have to take a picture.

32 Christina @ The Athletarian June 14, 2012 at 3:01 pm

I would say so too!! Heck, I think I’m going to start eating on that chair more often!

33 Maria @ Pappa Don't Preach June 14, 2012 at 3:05 pm

HAHAHA! Both of those pictures are priceless! I wonder what people droving by thought when they saw you sitting there! Regardless, it’s clear you caught a good man! Do you know where they make more like him? ;)

34 Christina @ The Athletarian June 14, 2012 at 3:47 pm

They probably thought I was mental! I will keep my eyes peeled and let you know if I can catch any Dean clones! ;)

35 Britt @ Chicago Runner Girl June 14, 2012 at 3:30 pm

gotta love a man that is prepared for any and everything! and those abs don’t hurt either ;)

36 Christina @ The Athletarian June 14, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Tell me about it! ;)

37 Alex @ therunwithin June 14, 2012 at 8:27 pm

Ha I have had those moments where I seriously stop everything to just eat. Happens to the best of us.

38 Christina @ The Athletarian June 16, 2012 at 4:21 pm

It needs to be done!! :)

39 Maria @ The Fitness Girl Kitchen June 16, 2012 at 3:57 pm

Don’t feel bad, my class goes out the window when I am hungry and there is a burger with my name on it! I love Dean’s supermodel serious face look. I’m sorry but when I saw this I immediately heard the line from Zoolander: “Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?”…lol.

40 Christina @ The Athletarian June 16, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Hahaha you are so right! I am going to go make fun of him right…now.