POWERMEAL Round Up (6-10) and two reasons why I love him

Powercakes’ Powermeal Challenge is just about halfway over!  If you missed my round up of days 1-5 you can check them out here.  I actually messed up one of the days but let’s just pretend you didn’t notice!  Here are my powermeals from days 6-10:

Day 6: yellow (spaghetti squash with homemade tomato sauce)

Day 7: purple (smoothie made with frozen berries, VEGA Energizing Smoothie in Bodacious Berry, and almond milk)

Day 8: pre-workout (VEGA Energizing Smoothie in Tropical Tango mixed with water)

Day 9: post-workout (I ran just before lunch so my post-workout meal was a veggie sandwich with a side of more veggies and a handful of almonds)

Day 10: power breakfast (Chocolate Covered Katie’s blueberry pie pancakes topped with nut butter and sugar-free syrup)

***

Two reasons why I love Dean (there are more reasons but these ones rank near the top of my list ;) ):

1.  I was HANGRY (hungry + angry) after work tonight.  Not a good combination.  I called Fresh, ordered their Holiday Wrap to go (tempeh, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, avocado, carrot, jicama, vegan garlic “mayo”) and went with Dean to pick it up.  Once it was in my hands I was ravenous and we realized there was nowhere to sit outside to eat.  Since Dean is always prepared for any and all situations, he pulled a lounge chair out of his trunk and set me up to eat my wrap on the sidewalk.

Now that’s class.

2.  I was going through Dean’s pictures on his phone looking for the above photo of me (eating my wrap) so I could send it to myself and share it with you all (since it’s so flattering) and came across this little gem:

Yes, that would be Dean taking a self-taker photo in the change room at Nike.  He was so embarrassed but claimed the lighting was so good that he just had to take a picture.  I nearly died.  It’s always me taking self-takers and progress pics so I thought this was super funny.

How can you not love a man who cares about your comfort while eating and takes pictures of himself in change rooms?!

What do you usually eat pre/post-workout?

Have you tried tempeh?  Are you a fan?

Comments

HAHAH I laughed so hard at the lawn chair picture. Hanger is not to be taken lightly.
    And I TOTALLY understand the good lighting thing, too. Sometimes it just needs to be done, hah. Don’t worry Dean, got your back.

I die!! There is just so much awesome in this post I simply don’t know where to start! I absolutely love how prepared Dean is & how he can’t forgo good lighting — and you girl, I absolutely love how serious you are about your food!! YUM! I’m so jealous you have a Fresh at your disposal, and I demand they open one up here in Seattle:) xoox’s

Brittany says

LOL I would DIE if I saw my bf taking a picture like that too…maybe i’ll find one one day!! p.s. that chair idea in his car is genius, you just never know when you’ll need it! I went to Fresh on Monday and I got the Spicy Black Bean burrito and added goat cheese… it was phenomenal. I’ve only had the beach bowl and that so I can’t wait to go back and try something new! (oh and their desserts are deadly… i can’t stay away!)

• 7

Ooooh that burrito is amazing!! The beach bowl is great too! I just had it last week. I am obsessed with their carrot cake. Have you tried it?!?! Beyond deadly. Let me know the next time you plan on going. Maybe we can meet! :D

Gemma says

I love the pic of you eating in the chair!Hahaha So hardcore and it’s amazing that he’s so understanding and handy :) I went on a date with my man to Fresh on Friday and had the BBQ burger with no bun – yummmm!

I don’t even know what tempeh is. I am going to have to look it up.

You busting Dean on a self portrait totally cracks me up, but hey if the lighting is good, and it is, why not!

I love the whole chair thing too, what a prepared guy!

I am the worst hangry girl EVER!!! So bad that I have to carry snacks in my purse so the hangry doesn’t come out.

I probably would have been eating that wrap before I even got out of the door at Fresh! The chair? Genius! haha

Q says

Some see it as a lawn chair…i see it as VIP patio service.
    (also, I like to bring my own lighting guys around with me wherever I go…just in case I feel like taking a picture).

Haha, I love that you just pulled out a chair on the side of the street. I’d say that’s a pretty classy way to eat ;) I really like that he claimed the lighting in the dressing room made him have to take a picture.

HAHAHA! Both of those pictures are priceless! I wonder what people droving by thought when they saw you sitting there! Regardless, it’s clear you caught a good man! Do you know where they make more like him? ;)

Don’t feel bad, my class goes out the window when I am hungry and there is a burger with my name on it! I love Dean’s supermodel serious face look. I’m sorry but when I saw this I immediately heard the line from Zoolander: “Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?”…lol.