A glimpse…

Happy Friday!  When I got to work I found out school ended at 1:30 today so I was home by 2:00pm.  LIFE IS GOOD and this Friday is HAPPY indeed!

In workout news, I finished week one of James Wilson’s program today.  Today’s workout was by far my favourite of the week and I actually included the cardio for the first time since my hospital incident.  It felt amazing and I am excited to be on 100% during week two.

Ummm I have a half marathon on Sunday and the most running I’ve done in three weeks was the 12 minutes today on the treadmill.  I should do awesome, right?…  Just say yes.

Finally, I have been getting a lot of questions regarding James Wilson’s program and what the workouts are like.  He posted a sample on his Facebook page yesterday so I thought I would share it on here to give you a glimpse of his program (since some of you may not have Facebook).

He charges $1/workout (amazing) so I believe it comes out to $52 for three months of workouts.  You can contact him through his Facebook page or you can email me through my “Contact Me” tab located at the top of my site and I can forward you his email address.

Off to the Marathon Expo tonight!  Maybe they will have some sort of new product that gives humans superhuman powers to run PRs without training?  I’ll be sure to let you know!

Do you like/have you tried circuit training?

Any fun plans for tonight or this weekend?

Comments

Shannon says

I am running in this event as well! 5k, however. This is my very first marathon ever! Rather excited, maybe see you there! Best of luck to you :)

GOOD LUCK in your half!! You will do great – some of my best run times have been on runs where I was purely running for run and hadn’t trained specifically for it. I would suggest leaving your watch home and running on feel. Enjoy the race experience – take in the race environment and enjoy it rather than stressing over splits and lap pace. I bet you’ll be surprised by how well your body will handle it. Plus I think the mental side is going to be the toughest battle – going in knowing that you’re not as prepared as you wanted to be. If you run for ‘fun’ you won’t get too caught up in that. Good luck, I can’t wait to hear about how you rocked it!!

Kim says

This circuit looks great! I do like circuit training and find it challenging in the good pain kind of way! I plan on resting most of this weekend since I am doing the half here in Vancouver on Sunday! Best of luck to you! I know you will rock it! Have faith in the training you have done in the past-mental and physical!

Good luck and have fun!!! Even though you haven’t run as much lately, your body and mind are still incredibly strong so I’m sure you’ll be able to crank out that 1/2 marathon with no problem! I love circuit training and would definitely do it more often if I had a plan to follow. Instead I end up just running and doing free weights most of the time. It looks like the plan is giving you great workouts! Good luck this weekend! :)

ooh please let me know if you find that superpower fuel that allows you to PR with little training! I will be all about it :)

I’m running my full marathon on Sunday too! I will be thinking of you and sending good running vibes your way!

Good Luck you will do awesome!

Good luck with the half, I’ll cross my fingers for good weather for you :)
    I love circut training, it’s my favourite type of workout!

Trackbacks