Date night and clean fries supreme

by Christina @ The Athletarian on April 29, 2012

Happy Sunday!  I don’t know why but I am excited for this upcoming week!  I think it might be because I can finally exercise sort of normally and get back on the James Wilson Body Earned train!  It’s still sad when the weekend ends though… Last night Dean and I had a mini date night at a fantastic Italian restaurant called Grazie.

I ordered the baked goat cheese salad (pictured top left).  It’s basically a bed of arugula and on top of it is warm goat cheese and grilled vegetables wrapped in crispy phyllo.  I hope eating goat cheese is what James Wilson meant by increasing my fats! ;)  Dean ordered the gnocchi (pictured top right).  I don’t even know if you can see them because he put SO much cheese on top!  I stole a couple from his plate and they were quite tasty!

Fast forward to today >>> Costco trip (so much fun on weekends when you can’t even move because there are 5356 people crammed in there).  Bought some essentials while representing Tosca Reno and The Eat Clean Diet!  You can get the tee and bag here if you like them.

Once I got home I was famished so I cut a sweet potato into fries, coated with no salt added Ms. Dash and baked them at 350F for 25 minutes and when they were ready, topped them with a bit of sharp cheddar, plain Greek yogurt, and two different salsas (including the green one I just bought the other day).

I called them Clean Fries Supreme! :)

Now it’s FOOD PREP TIME!

I hope you all had an amazing weekend!

What is one thing you are looking forward to this week?

1 Jessica April 29, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Those fries look YUM!! I bought several yams/sweet potatoes/those-orange- potatoes-and-I’m-just-frankly-not-sure… but I baked them all! Next time I’m going to try this! How do you like the greek yogurt salsa mixes?

2 Lulu April 29, 2012 at 5:01 pm

Yum, that looks sooooo good. I will try this out but I don’t know what no salt added Ms. Dash is???? Sweet Potato is the best and only the orange one. I will probably add some moroccan seasoning or something like that instead, would that do?

3 Christina @ The Athletarian April 30, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Hi Lulu! It’s just a seasoning but I bet moroccan would taste amazing too!

4 Christina @ The Athletarian April 30, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Do they come already mixed?? I’ve never tried them!

5 Adrenaline April 29, 2012 at 5:07 pm

I love that you dont eat extremely (overly?) obsessive all the time! Indulging in little things sometimes is so HUMAN….Many blogs are owned by clean-eating robots who eat only chicken+vegetables for 6 meals…and thats so de-motivating… /Love that u not afraid t try some gnocci girl.

6 Christina @ The Athletarian April 30, 2012 at 3:20 pm

Hahaha life is too short to not try gnocchi!! Everyone’s got their own way of fuelling their body, right? I try to eat as clean as possible but if I want cheese or pasta, I will eat it! :)

7 Elle April 29, 2012 at 6:01 pm

I loved oven baked sweet potato ‘fries’.. I like to spritz mine with a bit of EVOO to crisp them up… have kale chips in the oven right now and can hardly wait till they are done!

Glad you and the Deanster had a fun night out!

8 Christina @ The Athletarian April 30, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Mmmm kale chips are my favourite!! Hope you enjoyed them!

9 Nicole April 29, 2012 at 6:40 pm

Love SP fries! Going to make some for myself tonight!

My girls and I do a monthly dinner party called Bitchin’ in the Kitchen. We had it last night and I made (Clean) Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers. So delicious…. recipe is on my blog (www.atlasgrace.com).

10 Christina @ The Athletarian April 30, 2012 at 3:21 pm

That sounds so fun!! I am definitely going to check out your recipe. Sounds amazing :)

11 Olivia April 29, 2012 at 7:11 pm

I loveeee Costco and they have so many good clean food stuff to stock up on! egg whites, sweet potatoes, all the spinach and veggies you could ever want! not to mention all the chicken breast!

12 Christina @ The Athletarian April 30, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I know! It’s the best place ever!

13 Jenny @ The Little JBird April 29, 2012 at 7:22 pm

Sweet potato fries are SO yummy! :)

14 Christina @ The Athletarian April 30, 2012 at 3:21 pm

I agree :)

15 Alex @ therunwithin April 29, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Yum, I am totally copying that. Looks amazing.

16 Christina @ The Athletarian April 30, 2012 at 3:23 pm

Copy away!! :P

17 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats April 29, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Those fries sound fantastic! :)

18 Christina @ The Athletarian April 30, 2012 at 3:23 pm

So yummy, Abby!! Hope you had a great day!

19 Lisa April 29, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Haha the fries totally looked like poutine to me at first. Great idea! I love Costco, even when it is super ridiculously busy you wait in line for 18 hours to check out

20 Christina @ The Athletarian April 30, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I know! So worth the wait, in my opinion! :D

21 Sarah @ feeeding the brain and body April 30, 2012 at 6:22 am

I’ve seen that restaurant before! I love goat cheese, it’s so perfectly strong :) Yay for a costco trip!

22 Christina @ The Athletarian April 30, 2012 at 3:24 pm

I agree. It is definitely my most favourite cheese!

23 Meghan Rene April 30, 2012 at 8:10 am

MMMMM! I bought sweet potatoes this weekend and can’t wait to make them. Those look divine.

24 Christina @ The Athletarian April 30, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Can’t wait to hear what you think!

25 Amylee April 30, 2012 at 9:43 am

I adore oven baked sweet potato fries! They are a staple in my house. I don’t know why it cracks me up to see my brother’s name on your blog :)

26 Christina @ The Athletarian April 30, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Hahaha I know…it’s weird, huh?! We’re like BFFs now. He even checked in on me last week! ;)

27 Brittany @Little b's healthy habits April 30, 2012 at 12:17 pm

Looking forward to pushing hard through the last week of LiveFit and my shoot on Saturday!! Hope you have a great week!!

28 Christina @ The Athletarian April 30, 2012 at 3:26 pm

AHHHHHHH!! It came so fast!! i am so excited for you and CANNOT wait to see the photos (if you share them)!!! You are amazing!

29 Ali Mc April 30, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Ummm genius! this is the best recipe you’ve ever posted (for a girl like me) YUM!

30 Christina @ The Athletarian April 30, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Haha I thought you’d like it ;)

31 Rachelle April 30, 2012 at 12:28 pm

Aww those fries look delicious and you look adorable as always. So fun that you and Dean enjoyed a date night. You totally deserved it!

I am looking forward to nice weather and babysitting my nephew this week. :)

32 Christina @ The Athletarian April 30, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Thank you, Rachelle!! It’s supposed to warm up a bit here too but we’re getting rain all week! BOO. Have fun with your nephew! He’s the cutest :)

33 Beth @ RUNNING around my kitchen April 30, 2012 at 1:17 pm

I loooooove sweet potato fries!!!! Glad you had a good weekend and good luck getting back to your routine this week!

34 Christina @ The Athletarian April 30, 2012 at 3:27 pm

Thanks, Beth!! Aren’t sweet potato fries the best thing ever?? Hope you had a great day! xoxo

35 Jenn @ Run It My Way April 30, 2012 at 2:39 pm

Who knew that CLEAN FRIES were even possible??? Amazing! They look so good, I can’t wait to try making them!!

36 Christina @ The Athletarian April 30, 2012 at 3:28 pm

It’s possible, Jenn!!! Hahaha I’m happy I could share. Can’t wait to hear what you think :)

37 Kate @ Run with Kate April 30, 2012 at 7:30 pm

How did you cut those sweet potatoes into such perfect fry slices? Please explain!! they look AMAZING and I want to make them RIGHT NOW. Haha!

Mouth watering…

38 Katherine @ Neon Blonde Runner April 30, 2012 at 9:54 pm

I LOVE how you use greek yogurt as a substitute for sour cream— SO much healthier and tastier :)

Thanks for the recipe idea, can’t wait to try it!

39 mallory May 1, 2012 at 11:07 am

That looks so yummy. I definitely want to read up more on the eat clean vegetarian diet. I feel so much better when I’m eating healthier and I feel like if I just got in the habit of it, it wouldn’t seem so time consuming!

40 Julia @ Pain, Pride, Perseverance May 1, 2012 at 11:08 am

YUM!!! all the food on this page looks too good to be true :) hope you are having a good start to your week friend! im looking forward to a fun weekend and time with my utah friends! but of course wishing that could include my toronto friends ;)

41 The Happy Cook May 2, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Those fries look freakin delicious!!!! What brand of Greek yogurt do you use?