Date night and clean fries supreme

Happy Sunday!  I don’t know why but I am excited for this upcoming week!  I think it might be because I can finally exercise sort of normally and get back on the James Wilson Body Earned train!  It’s still sad when the weekend ends though… Last night Dean and I had a mini date night at a fantastic Italian restaurant called Grazie.

I ordered the baked goat cheese salad (pictured top left).  It’s basically a bed of arugula and on top of it is warm goat cheese and grilled vegetables wrapped in crispy phyllo.  I hope eating goat cheese is what James Wilson meant by increasing my fats! ;)  Dean ordered the gnocchi (pictured top right).  I don’t even know if you can see them because he put SO much cheese on top!  I stole a couple from his plate and they were quite tasty!

Fast forward to today >>> Costco trip (so much fun on weekends when you can’t even move because there are 5356 people crammed in there).  Bought some essentials while representing Tosca Reno and The Eat Clean Diet!  You can get the tee and bag here if you like them.

Once I got home I was famished so I cut a sweet potato into fries, coated with no salt added Ms. Dash and baked them at 350F for 25 minutes and when they were ready, topped them with a bit of sharp cheddar, plain Greek yogurt, and two different salsas (including the green one I just bought the other day).

I called them Clean Fries Supreme! :)

Now it’s FOOD PREP TIME!

I hope you all had an amazing weekend!

What is one thing you are looking forward to this week?

Comments

Jessica says

Those fries look YUM!! I bought several yams/sweet potatoes/those-orange- potatoes-and-I’m-just-frankly-not-sure… but I baked them all! Next time I’m going to try this! How do you like the greek yogurt salsa mixes?

Adrenaline says

I love that you dont eat extremely (overly?) obsessive all the time! Indulging in little things sometimes is so HUMAN….Many blogs are owned by clean-eating robots who eat only chicken+vegetables for 6 meals…and thats so de-motivating… /Love that u not afraid t try some gnocci girl.

I loved oven baked sweet potato ‘fries’.. I like to spritz mine with a bit of EVOO to crisp them up… have kale chips in the oven right now and can hardly wait till they are done!

Glad you and the Deanster had a fun night out!

Love SP fries! Going to make some for myself tonight!

My girls and I do a monthly dinner party called Bitchin’ in the Kitchen. We had it last night and I made (Clean) Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers. So delicious…. recipe is on my blog (www.atlasgrace.com).

I loveeee Costco and they have so many good clean food stuff to stock up on! egg whites, sweet potatoes, all the spinach and veggies you could ever want! not to mention all the chicken breast!

Haha the fries totally looked like poutine to me at first. Great idea! I love Costco, even when it is super ridiculously busy you wait in line for 18 hours to check out

I adore oven baked sweet potato fries! They are a staple in my house. I don’t know why it cracks me up to see my brother’s name on your blog :)

Aww those fries look delicious and you look adorable as always. So fun that you and Dean enjoyed a date night. You totally deserved it!

I am looking forward to nice weather and babysitting my nephew this week. :)

That looks so yummy. I definitely want to read up more on the eat clean vegetarian diet. I feel so much better when I’m eating healthier and I feel like if I just got in the habit of it, it wouldn’t seem so time consuming!

Julia @ Pain, Pride, Perseverance says

YUM!!! all the food on this page looks too good to be true :) hope you are having a good start to your week friend! im looking forward to a fun weekend and time with my utah friends! but of course wishing that could include my toronto friends ;)