Back with a vengeance and my new favourite top

by Christina @ The Athletarian on April 28, 2012

Today was a good day!  It’s been a while ever since my hospital incident but things are finally getting back to normal.  I woke up and made myself some pancakes using this recipe.  I eliminated the blueberries on the inside (because I ran out) and instead topped them with the blueberry preserves that I talked about yesterday.

They were so yummy and I think I will have to go stock up on more preserves since the jar is about halfway done already.  Whoops.

I was finally able to workout again after a week of doing almost no physical activity (aside from walking).  Boy, it felt gooooood.

I did 20 minutes of HIIT intervals on the stairmill followed by the Rainy Day Home Workout posted by Peanut Butter Runner just the other day.  That Quest bar was ridiculously delicious, just so you know.  If you can find them, get the coconut cashew.  I can’t wait to try all of the other flavours that I got yesterday.

I was in and out of the gym pretty quickly but that’s not to say I wasn’t a sweaty mess!  Just the way I like it! ;)

Just because I need to include another random tidbit of information, here is my new favourite Lululemon top (called Push Ur Limits Tank):

I have it in this colour as well as in a pink/black combination and I am in love.  The back is amazing and the straps are so soft.  It’s extremely comfortable, has a built-in bra, and I basically want it in every colour :)

Are you one of those people that buys something in ever colour when you like the way it fits?

Do you have a favourite protein bar?  I need more recommendations! :)

1 Lara April 28, 2012 at 4:52 pm

I love that top :-)

2 Sam April 28, 2012 at 5:26 pm

I have a Push Ur Limits tank that I bought last year in grey & that black roses print that they had and I looooove it. I’ve been waiting for other colours to come out this year in it, I am totally getting another one!

3 Julie April 28, 2012 at 5:41 pm

I’ve used that recipe! Those pancakes are so good!

4 Sarah @feeeding the brain and body April 28, 2012 at 5:50 pm

The top looks great! That’s awesome you are starting to feel back to normal! The cashew coconut is actually my least favourite flavour of the ones I’ve tried before. Did you get the peanut butter chocolate? That one is my favorite, followed by the cinnamon roll!

5 Alexandra April 28, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Love that top! And those pancakes look amazinnggggg, I know what I’m having for breakfast tomorrow haha ;)

6 Danielle @WorkItWearItEatIt April 28, 2012 at 6:08 pm

I bought that tank in the aqua/indigo stripes a couple months ago and the dye ran everywhere and I had to return it, tear. Glad you’re back in the game!! :)

7 Alex @ therunwithin April 28, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Gah, another amazing top. Blueberries on anything makes it 100000x better in my opinion. I have been dying to try those quest bars but haven’t see them anywhere near me yet. Glad you are feeling better and getting back in the game!

8 Jen April 28, 2012 at 7:40 pm

That is one beautiful top!!! Love it!

9 Chelsea @ One Healthy Munchkin April 28, 2012 at 8:45 pm

Love that top! I buy basics like t-shirts and tanks in multiple colours, but when it comes to other clothes I like to branch out and buy different things. Especially Lululemon – I want to buy one of everything they have! :P

10 Abby @ Abz 'n' Oats April 28, 2012 at 9:11 pm

That top is cute! Depending on what it is, I will by multiples of the same thing! I have three different power Y tanks but I always buy those when they are on sale. lol. :)

11 Heather@Just a Colorado Gal April 28, 2012 at 9:40 pm

That top is super cute! I still don’t own anything Lulu but I’m debating splurging after my half next weekend :)

12 Sandy April 29, 2012 at 12:26 am

I bought that same tank in Paris Pink a few months back to match a cute Paris Pink skirt. I have yet to wear both of them but I love them!! I recently bought the Stuff Your Bra Tank too.. I think we are both addicted to Lulu!! It’s pretty bad but fun!!

13 Hayley @ Oat Couture April 29, 2012 at 2:15 am

Ooh JUST as I was saying lululemon are a little too girly for me and then you go rock this top that isn’t too girly at all! I love it! Glad your ‘back in the saddle’ as well chick! :)

14 Nadège April 29, 2012 at 2:20 am

love the top ! looks so comfortable … with some of my sport-bras, I’m always having some burn because of the sweat :/
I’ve tried new bars last time : SOYJOY bars (finally found them in france !) I took banana and blueberry flavor ; EASY BODY protein (they’re making some low fat) ; and a POWERBAR protein+ white chocolate flavor (O M G so freaking good !^^)
now I have to try those from ISOSTAR (http://www.decathlon.fr/barres-high-energy-banane-id_8004140.html) yeah I know banana again ! love them :D !!!

15 Britt @ Chicago Runner Girl April 29, 2012 at 6:58 am

Love that top and blueberry preserves are do good I could eat them straight out of a jar! Glad you’re feeling back to your usual self.

16 Julia April 29, 2012 at 9:16 am

I have a similar top with that, and yes, I have it in two colors!

17 Brittany @ GOtheXtraMile April 29, 2012 at 9:21 am

I’m basically obsessed with that coconut cashew bar. I’ve only tried that one and the peanut butter chocolate but I wasn’t impressed with the PB surprisingly! LOVE your top!!!

18 Recki a Corchado April 29, 2012 at 9:25 am

I love lulu my favorite! Yes I am the type to buy one in every color if I absolutely love the fit! Glad u are feeling better.

19 TriGirl April 29, 2012 at 11:03 am

So glad you’re feeling better and able to get back to the gym! I have some Lululemon tops that they were stopping production on, and so I bought 3. They’re fabulous!

20 Felicia April 29, 2012 at 2:11 pm

i love lululemon ! best workout tops + pants for sure :) worth every penny when you use them so much!

21 Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement April 29, 2012 at 4:47 pm

I’ve had that bar…it’s amazing! Try the berry one.

I actually like to freeze it and chop it up. It reminds me of candy…so good. Tell me what you think of the other flavors.

22 Jenn @ Run It My Way April 30, 2012 at 9:30 am

I love Lulu Push Ur Limits tanks, I have 2 now and want more! I’m just waiting for some new colours!!

I’m SO bad for finding one thing I like then buying it in every colour.. I have 22 pairs of Lulu Speed Shorts (and that’s the ONLY kind of shorts I wear) and about 25 Cool Racerbacks in different colours and they’re really all I wear! It makes for some hysterical tan lines in the summer, I have speed shorts and CRB’s permanently etched on my skin in the form of tan lines (that I can STILL see from last summer!!)

23 Rachelle April 30, 2012 at 12:33 pm

Those pancakes look soo good! I had an epic pancake fail yesterday so I am off to check out the recipe right now. Loving the lulu top. :)

24 mallory May 1, 2012 at 11:14 am

Super cute top!! I love it! Lulu stuff is great but so expensive!